Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Se3ker's Content

There have been 8 items by Se3ker (Search limited from 19-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60510 DSP capabilities?

Posted by Se3ker on 22 October 2014 - 08:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Anyone?

#60413 DSP capabilities?

Posted by Se3ker on 14 October 2014 - 07:23 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi,

I would like to interface Netduino Plus 2 with the antenna in the attachment.

Says in the STM32F4 datasheet that it has DSP capabilities, is it possible to use this with C# and Netduino?

And can someone point me to right direction?

Thanks

Attached Files

#60168 Windows on Devices? When?

Posted by Se3ker on 21 September 2014 - 07:40 AM in General Discussion

I also think more effort should be made to NETMF, nontheless we had talk about what platform to use for our new project and it was a close one between arduino and netmf, the programming ease won over a slight price increase, we will continue to use it for more complex projects until NETMF is no longer relevant.

I think a mod should really close this thread..

#60097 Windows on Devices? When?

Posted by Se3ker on 13 September 2014 - 08:26 AM in General Discussion

That's exactly right, no one board fits them all.

Although I prefer to work with .NET MF, cheapest chip is about $7 - $10 and above that can fit it.

And I know you are probably all about putting windows on devices but what about the lowest tier, I would like to have a higher programming language even on that tier.

For instance I'm now using an ATTiny85 to do some LED lighting, the chip is about $0.8 - $1.2, and can run what I would call a subset of Arduino.

Only this is supported:

The following Arduino commands should be supported:

• pinMode()
  • digitalWrite()
  • digitalRead()
  • analogRead()
  • analogWrite()
  • shiftOut()
  • pulseIn()
  • millis()
  • micros()
  • delay()
  • delayMicroseconds()
  • SoftwareSerial (has been updated in Arduino 1.0) 

My question is can .NET MF go in a similar way, maybe have some bits available and others not, and deliverable through NuGet??

I.E. i would need analogRead and analogWrite, and maybe Threading, but don't need BitConverter, any of the GUI stuff and Networking etc.

Also as a side question is it even possible to recompile the source to do something like that now, or are the bits too much interconnected.

#60017 Windows on Devices? When?

Posted by Se3ker on 07 September 2014 - 08:08 AM in General Discussion

Not from my own experience, as I don't use RTOS on any Arduino, but quick check reveals that ChibiOS, BeRTOS, FreeRTOS support AVR (and there is about 40 more in the Wikipedia list that mentions AVR).

Yes but its not there by default, i dont know how to use it.
Also i dont really care how its called, i have a device that needs to monitor 3 sensors at different intervals, turn on a few mosfets at different intervals and listen for wireless all the time. Its HARD to do completely right without bugs or lags on an arduino. On netduino i just have 7 threads and they all run fine.

#59996 Windows on Devices? When?

Posted by Se3ker on 04 September 2014 - 10:18 PM in General Discussion

Well arduino still doesn't have RTOS, Threading or whatever... to do 5 things simultaneously without frying your brain with spaghetti code and millis. And multiple requests and discussions on forums resulting not in "when will we make it, it will be this year or some year" but in "do we really need a RTOS", yeah that really inspires much more confidence.

Just an out of topic no trolling intended thing, but as much as I approve opensource I do not believe in it not 1%, you cannot rely on a community driven product, starts cheap and free but if your not ready to commit all your resources 120%, its a flop, assuming you have the resources (manpower). maybe that's the .NET MF problem currently. Id rather pay a licence/tools for it and have it a 1st class citizen in the Microsoft ecosystem then this.

#59994 Windows on Devices? When?

Posted by Se3ker on 04 September 2014 - 09:35 PM in General Discussion

"Maybe i'm not the target market and yes it is new out of the box but first impressions last...

So far i am not impressed with the Galileo and will be sticking with NETMF until at least the Galileo supports C#..."

Same here for C# but also the NETMFramework itself, threading, bitconverter, etc. the point of .NET was to provide a common set of libraries professionally developed by Microsoft, unlike those community developed for Arduino that are usually buggy incomplete or never concisely developed using common set of programming patterns and practices, to enable platform users like me to create products in agile way, not having to reinvent the wheel all the time. Most of us platform users don't have the skills to write our own RTOS or BitConverter.

#59993 N+2 as temperature monitoring server + winforms client

Posted by Se3ker on 04 September 2014 - 07:28 PM in General Discussion

Try on Microsoft MSDN library site, there should be allot of tutorials about building a winforms app utilizing a TCP/IP

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.