Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

unospacer's Content

There have been 11 items by unospacer (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#46795 Tutorial: Netduino + WP8 real-life maze game

Posted by unospacer on 06 March 2013 - 10:54 PM in Project Showcase

wow... awesome!

#46790 Touch, 320x240 LCD Driver for Netduino+ 2

Posted by unospacer on 06 March 2013 - 10:26 PM in Project Showcase

@NooM, yeah, that would be an interesting approach; having a separate chip to drive the graphics. You'd also need some ram to do double-buffering. See below.

Now, I tried a different LCD. This one was the eatchLCD 301 (earthlcd.com). To my surprise the exact same results on the screen; slight flickering when animating. So I took a step back and made sure the timing of the commands was right, and then it hit me: I had messed around with DirectX and OpenGL in the past and I remembered I had to enable double-buffering to avoid flickering. The fact is that modern video cards have a double buffer. In order to display anything without flicker, video cards first draw in the 0th buffer and when all the drawing is done in the 1st buffer (the one that contains the pixels being displayed). The entire display is committed at once from the 0th to the 1st buffer. That's why these displays can't do flickerless animation: because they don't have a second buffer. To put this theory to the test, I contacted both manufacturers and they both responded that there is no double-buffering for these devices, which is okay, as they are probably not intended for animation. Can anybody recommend an LCD display that has double-buffering?

#46371 Touch, 320x240 LCD Driver for Netduino+ 2

Posted by unospacer on 28 February 2013 - 02:04 AM in Project Showcase

NooM, I think that's the idea... the Neduino +2 itself is based on the STM[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]32F4... Or do you mean drive the lcd with a separate STM32Fx? -- I hear the toolchain is not a walk in the park...[/color]

#46357 Touch, 320x240 LCD Driver for Netduino+ 2

Posted by unospacer on 27 February 2013 - 06:56 PM in Project Showcase

I was able to reduce the flicker, but it seems that for 1 second it flickers, and then the next one looks smooth. If I vary the amount of milliseconds it spends in a frame I get different results. 23ms per frame, 42 ms per frame, and 48 ms per frame have given me the best result. If I don't give it a thread.Sleep, it shows up like a "ghost" but it's still flickery... I'm still exchanging emails with the manufacturer and hopefully there is a way to completely eliminate the flicker on this display. I'll keep you guys posted. I do have another 320x240 display I want to try out from EarthLCD. Hopefully this display does not show the same problems.

#46190 Touch, 320x240 LCD Driver for Netduino+ 2

Posted by unospacer on 25 February 2013 - 12:06 AM in Project Showcase

I'll work on some benchmarks and share. I've been exchanging a few emails with the manufacturer because I was experiencing some flicker and was unable to find a suitable FPS (milliseconds per frame) without flicker. Turns out the 32MHz chip is unable clear the screen without the flicker, so, according to the manufacturer, for animation purposes (see the scene loop code in codeplex) instead of clearing the whole screen in each of the iterations, we'll need to clear only the area that is "invalid". I'll share more shortly. I'm working on the code for the region invalidation logic and I will probably share a video so you see it action.

#46141 Touch, 320x240 LCD Driver for Netduino+ 2

Posted by unospacer on 23 February 2013 - 09:02 PM in Project Showcase

Guys, just wanted to share the url for my latest project. I wanted to experiment with game loops and LCD displays over a serial interface at high baud rates. I found a very low cost LCD that fits perfectly on top of the Netduino+ 2 so I wrote this little driver with a number of really cool features.

If you are interested, cehck it out:

http://vizicsmartgpu.codeplex.com/

#45857 Maximum Baud Rate

Posted by unospacer on 19 February 2013 - 10:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I know this is for the regular netduino, but just wanted to report I'm getting speeds via both, COM1 and COM2 on the Neduino + 2 at 2Mbaud.

#45846 Using SD and SC ports as UART

Posted by unospacer on 19 February 2013 - 08:53 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

As a side note, I am using NETMF 4.3

#45815 Swapping RX and TX ports on UART

Posted by unospacer on 19 February 2013 - 03:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks so much Mark. I guess jumper wires it is :(

#45794 Swapping RX and TX ports on UART

Posted by unospacer on 19 February 2013 - 06:17 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

When using serial ports, is it possible to swap the predefined RX and TX pins on say, com1? If so, how can it be done. Obviously I mean in software, and not by swapping the pins using jumpers!

#45741 Using SD and SC ports as UART

Posted by unospacer on 18 February 2013 - 04:21 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

From the specs, I can see that SD and SC (I2C) ports can also be used as UART. I tried using COM4 but it I get no response from the connected device. I can communicate with the attached device over COM1 so I was wondering if I still need the pull-up 2.2k resistors on the I2C ports to make the COM 4 work properly.

Thanks!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.