Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

mHammer's Content

There have been 23 items by mHammer (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50614 Best Hobby Oscilloscope

Posted by mHammer on 18 June 2013 - 04:53 PM in General Discussion

For consideration.  What are the limitations of one of these:

http://www.gabotroni...a-xprotolab.htm

I think I'm most interested in analyzing serial comm and PWM signals to know what is going on that I can not see with a multimeter.

#50484 RFM12B Wireless module with Netduino Plus

Posted by mHammer on 14 June 2013 - 04:47 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

What I'd like to know is with the RFM12b, what parameters in the command registers must match between sender and receiver?

On the arduino side, the lowpowerlabs and Jeelabs libraries are complex to me (still pretty new).  The example netduino lib uses some different parameters.

elettrozero, would you share some of the changes you made to the lib posted here?  I've started a little on converting the arduino lib to C# to work with the netduino.  I'm still to early in the process to see any results.

#50472 RFM12B over SPI

Posted by mHammer on 14 June 2013 - 03:23 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Foozinator, Did you ever further develop your code? I am trying to setup some arduino motes using the rfm12b module. I haven't got too deep, but I'm curious if anyone has had good success with this radio and netduino to arduino communication. I've seen lowpowerlabs code and its amazing. I would hope to have something similar on .net Thanks

#50047 RFM12B Wireless module with Netduino Plus

Posted by mHammer on 28 May 2013 - 04:36 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm looking at the same thing with a moteino which is an integrated version of a mini pro.  I have not started yet, still waiting to get the parts.  I was doing a lot of research on more sophisticated radios (xbee, RFM22), but I thought I would start simple with the RFM12.

I've got this thread pegged already. :-)

#48936 Deploy/Debug fails with error

Posted by mHammer on 02 May 2013 - 05:37 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

My app wasn't very big.  Just a testing app for the RTC.  You were right about the reference thing.  I've been floating between computers and I didn't realize that I hadn't installed the toolbox references on this computer.

I installed toolbox and it worked fine.

What was strange was that it worked for a while and I'm not sure what I changed to require the toolbox references.

Oh well, thanks for the quick help.  Onward and upward.

#48909 Deploy/Debug fails with error

Posted by mHammer on 01 May 2013 - 04:48 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Does anyone know about this error?

----- Deploy started: Project: NetduinoRTC, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------------ Deploy started: Project: NetduinoRTC, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------An error has occurred: please check your hardware.Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source: Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebugStack :    at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.VsProjectFlavorCfg.Deploy() in c:depotcurrentCLIENT_V4_2FrameworkCorDebugVsProjectFlavorCfg.cs:line 893   at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.VsProjectFlavorCfg.<Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsDeployableProjectCfg.StartDeploy>b__0() in c:depotcurrentCLIENT_V4_2FrameworkCorDebugVsProjectFlavorCfg.cs:line 634========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I was working on testing a RTC library.  Everything was working fine, then it stopped deploying/debuging.  Other project files compile and deploy.  This RTC library I'm working on doesn't.

I am running VS 2010 with .NET 4.2 on ND2+ with latest stable 4.2.2.2

#47989 What are the reference differences between NP1 and NP2?

Posted by mHammer on 03 April 2013 - 07:05 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm not at my ND+2, but I might be able to give you the references that worked for me using your code. 

Is that what you're looking for?

#47594 Wireless, low power, batterydriven modules.

Posted by mHammer on 26 March 2013 - 02:53 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hmm that would be very cool. I'm a little skeptical, because you might be limited to bluetooth or simple rf. Something like the logetech keyboards or mice which advertise long battery life.

#47203 Watchdog: How to do on netduino?

Posted by mHammer on 14 March 2013 - 07:39 PM in General Discussion

Very cool, I've looked at AxelG's MAX6373 solution.  I even got a couple free sample to play with.  Now I just need micro fingures to solder the micro SOP. :mellow:

#47105 DS18B20 Wiring help

Posted by mHammer on 12 March 2013 - 10:39 PM in Netduino Go

I just got two DS18B20+ and two DS18B20+PAR.  Does anyone know the difference? 

I thought that all DS18B20 could be powered parasiticly.  I will be following this thread to see how you get them wired up.

#46913 MQTT for the Netduino Plus

Posted by mHammer on 08 March 2013 - 08:47 PM in Project Showcase

Looking at the cloud home system, what would be the cheapest way to put together a swarm of devices?  I know arduino has some $20 mcu, but then you need another $20 for the ethernet.

ND+ are on sale for $50.

Is there another option that would have a mcu with ethernet?

#46908 RS232 Shield for N+2

Posted by mHammer on 08 March 2013 - 07:22 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Are you looking for the DB9 connector as a shield?

There is a nice tutorial that explains starting with RS232 on the ND+2:

http://blog.codeblac...with-RS232.aspx

I'm looking at it for sending some serial messages to a modem through RS232.

#46556 Home Automation

Posted by mHammer on 02 March 2013 - 11:52 PM in General Discussion

That cloud home security opened up a lot of interesting things.  I've never known about MQTT.  I like the idea of a modular home automation scheme.

I wanted to use insteon devices so that I could control lights/outlets without huge effort to install.  Plus the powerline comm saves on the wiring.

I'm just not sure how easy it is to communicate over the serial linc (http://www.insteon.n...dem-serial.html).

#46497 Home Automation

Posted by mHammer on 01 March 2013 - 05:24 PM in General Discussion

I really want to get a netduino to communication via the serial modem of the Insteon devices.  I think I saw somewhere some code for doing it, but I can't remember where.

#46474 NP2 reboots on deploy; never debugs/runs app

Posted by mHammer on 01 March 2013 - 07:16 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

While waiting for your post, I kept trying to get it to work and tried both MFUSB and WINUSB drivers you posted on another thread.  It didn't work.

I found by default the MFUSB drivers are installed.

So I decided to try it on another computer.  It automatically installed the MFUSB drivers.  On this computer I could deploy and debug with no problems and the Netduino device never stopped working.

Therefore I think you're right.  Something (usb controller??) is not happy with the drivers.  Also when I tried the WINUSB driver like AxelG above I get the same results.

Would you think that this has something to do with USB 3.0 usb controllers?

P.s Thanks for your help and patience Chris.  B)

#46471 NP2 reboots on deploy; never debugs/runs app

Posted by mHammer on 01 March 2013 - 05:51 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I completely uninstalled everything and installed C# and .NET SDK and ND SDK in the right order.  

This is my app...blink only:

OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);
            while (true)
            {
                led.Write(true);
                Thread.Sleep(200);
                led.Write(false);
                Thread.Sleep(200);
            }

First time plugging the ND in, I can deploy the app.  But the ND does not start running the app.

I can deploy a second time successfully, but the app does not start running.  (blue light on steady)

To start the app I have to push the button (reset?) or unplug and plug the ND.

After that I can not deploy.

In the device manager, when I cannot deploy, the Netduino device says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"  When I re-plug the ND in, I get a properly working device.

I am showing device driver date 10/04/2012, ver 4.2.0.0.

Is something wrong with my setup?

#46420 GPIO as analog input

Posted by mHammer on 28 February 2013 - 05:54 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

tomabacea,

Sorry, I was meaning Mux Shield by Mayhew Labs.  I have this shield so I am curious what others think.

I'm just getting started with ND2+ so someone else might be able to comment on the maximum samples per second.  And feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The fastest you could sample on the Mux Shield, would be reading 3 inputs at one time.  The CD74HC4067 has a analog in rise time of 500ns, so that might limit your sampling to 2000 per second.

#46418 NP2 reboots on deploy; never debugs/runs app

Posted by mHammer on 28 February 2013 - 05:37 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Sorry not at my ND2+, but Yes I was able to reboot the ND and connect with MFDeploy.  Once I connected, the debug lines printed to the display.

Could it be that the example I was using caused the ND to lock up and not respond to the VS?

I was using the example: http://ghadzhigeorgi...amework-part-1/.

I will try tonight to flush the drivers out and reinstall everything.

Sorry for the newb questions, it's been 8 years since I've touched a compiler.  But it's coming back B)

#46389 NP2 reboots on deploy; never debugs/runs app

Posted by mHammer on 28 February 2013 - 06:44 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

MFDeploy did erase the app.  Going back to VS the app would not deploy and the debug would not start.

I also saw that I loose the USB device and the blue onboard LED turns on solid.  At this point I can't do anything but unplug it and restart it.

I did update it to 4.2.2.2, which was by the instructions and did seem successful.

If it matters, the app I have is a simple multi thread blink light example with a couple digital outputs and the onboard LED.

Could this be a driver issue?

#46378 NP2 reboots on deploy; never debugs/runs app

Posted by mHammer on 28 February 2013 - 05:16 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris,

When I deploy an app I will right click on the solution in the explorer and select build...once it builds, I will right click and select deploy.

I can get the apps to deploy.

However if I press F5 "debug" it will build then the ND2+ will reset like other have seen.  It will be running the new app.  But VS2010 will not actually enter debug mode.

#46350 pratical enclosure for netduino plus using an old 8mm tape box

Posted by mHammer on 27 February 2013 - 06:02 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Very cool.  I just got a computer back up tape case.  .93" x 4.3" x 4.1" inside dim.

#46340 GPIO as analog input

Posted by mHammer on 27 February 2013 - 03:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

With MUX (sorry) shield, Is the only down side that you have to constantly poll the input to check for new values?

For inputs would that really matter?

I know for outputs it would be different, because you would want a seamless stream of analog or digital control.

#46309 NP2 reboots on deploy; never debugs/runs app

Posted by mHammer on 27 February 2013 - 06:48 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I actually have the exact same problem. I can deploy code and run it on the netduino. But when I try to run debugger, it hangs. Is there a setting that I need to set? I am running win 7 with vs 2010. I followed the install order on the downloads section. Any suggestions?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.