Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Kip's Content

There have been 22 items by Kip (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58485 Sensor Cable Length

Posted by Kip on 30 May 2014 - 11:11 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

when dealing with analog sensors, the shorter the better

#56752 XTEA encryption on Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Kip on 11 March 2014 - 11:29 AM in General Discussion

Hi :D

I'm trying to do some basic encryption on NP2 using XTEA.

I'm using the well-tested Bouncy Castle lib, so imported the necessary source files in my project:

• CryptoException.cs
  • DataLengthException.cs
  • IBlockCipher.cs
  • ICipherParameters.cs
  • KeyParameter.cs
  • Pack.cs
  • XTEAEngine.cs

then I tried it, by encoding and decoding a block of 8 bytes, using this code:

byte[] keyData = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("passwordpassword");

byte[] plainData = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("xteaxtea");
XteaEngine xteaEngine = new XteaEngine();
xteaEngine.Init(true, new KeyParameter(keyData));

byte[] outData = new byte[plainData.Length];

xteaEngine.ProcessBlock(plainData, 0, outData, 0);

XteaEngine decEngine = new XteaEngine();
decEngine.Init(false, new KeyParameter(keyData));
byte[] decData = new byte[plainData.Length];
xteaEngine.ProcessBlock(outData, 0, decData, 0);

string str = new string(Encoding.UTF8.GetChars(decData));
Debug.Print(str);

but plainData != decData, even if they should have the same data! What am I doing wrong? :\

#56578 Compiling Custom Netduino Firmware: Step-By-Step Instructions - Help

Posted by Kip on 02 March 2014 - 01:00 PM in General Discussion

Well, that's some great news :D Let me know if I can help in any way :)

#56575 Compiling Custom Netduino Firmware: Step-By-Step Instructions - Help

Posted by Kip on 02 March 2014 - 12:10 PM in General Discussion

I tried with the two Yagarto versions of the first post and with the latest version of the GNU Tools For ARM.

In all the cases I used the VS2012 Developer Command Prompt as Administrator (I have both VS2012 Premium and VS2013 Ultimate installed)

with this command:

msbuild Solutions\NetduinoPlus2\dotnetmf.proj /T:rebuild /p:flavor=release;tcp_ip_stack=lwip /filelogger

it always fails with 1 warning and 114 errors

EDIT: the first error seems to happen when building TinyBooter, it says the target CPU doesn't support ARM mode

EDIT2: I made a few modification to tools\targets\microsoft.spot.system.gcc.targets, taken from Ziqqurat's modifications (from his 4.2.2 tutorial) and I'm down to 1 warning and 2 errors

#56450 Write to SD Card

Posted by Kip on 26 February 2014 - 01:01 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Netduino doesn't support SDHCs, just plain old SDs ;)

#56384 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1

Posted by Kip on 25 February 2014 - 09:56 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Can't wait to get back home so I can play with my NP2 :D thanks guys :D

#55959 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

Posted by Kip on 09 February 2014 - 10:43 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I thought this day would never come! Finally!

#55817 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

Posted by Kip on 02 February 2014 - 08:44 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

This is really getting ridicolous, my team is evaluating a port of our project to a more supported platform, like Arduino

Can't we at least get the source for the current one-year-old beta?

#54742 Monitor data from Netduino in Visual Studio

Posted by Kip on 17 December 2013 - 10:56 PM in General Discussion

You can set a breakpoint (click on the left side of a line of code, or press F9) to stop execution of the program at the point it is set.

Or you can use the Debugger.Break() function.

When execution is stopped you can check and alter the value of each of your variables.

If you just want to output values, you can use Debug.Print(), which will output a string on VS output console.

Of course none of these work during normal execution, you must be actively debugging your code (by pressing F5 while in VS)

If you want to output data even during normal Runtime, you can use the SerialPort class to send it via one of the Netduino serial ports. Then you can use any kind of serial adapter (RS-232 via MAX3232 chips, USB via FTDI chips or HC-05-like Bluetooth adapters) to receive those values on your pc (or any other kind of compatible device, like a smartphone)

#54564 .Net MF 4.3 Firmware for Netduino Plus 2 with CAN/SDIO/RTC/CRC/RND [Uploaded]...

Posted by Kip on 09 December 2013 - 08:56 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ok ;) I'm downloading the firmware, I'll test it in my lunch break :D

#54524 .Net MF 4.3 Firmware for Netduino Plus 2 with CAN/SDIO/RTC/CRC/RND [Uploaded]...

Posted by Kip on 06 December 2013 - 09:18 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Really impressive! Is source code available?

#54465 Alternate systems for Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Kip on 04 December 2013 - 02:29 PM in General Discussion

I don't know, I was asking because I managed to successfully build a firmware with 4.7.2 but it doesn't work (hangs when trying to debug), I'm trying to figure out where is the problem (the compiler of my dev environment)

#54464 A few issues with NP2

Posted by Kip on 04 December 2013 - 02:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ok, I just wasn't sure what was defined as "older boards" ;)

#54457 Alternate systems for Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Kip on 04 December 2013 - 08:45 AM in General Discussion

Just a curiosity: is there a reason to use Yagarto 4.6 instead of the latest 4.7.2?

#54456 A few issues with NP2

Posted by Kip on 04 December 2013 - 08:45 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'll probably have to scale down to a Netduino 2, so microSD isn't an option right now... Maybe I'll try to bake something in with interop, I only have to write just a few bytes and I rather store them on chip.

What do you mean for "older boards"? "boards with 4.1/4.2 on it" or "boards that were born on 4.1/4.2 even if they've been upgraded to 4.3"?

Thanks for your help :)

#54455 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

Posted by Kip on 04 December 2013 - 08:42 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Great news :D Can't wait for 4.3 :)

#54446 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

Posted by Kip on 03 December 2013 - 11:22 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Any news about QFE1?

Wouldn't be possible to release the beta source? Or at least 4.2.2.2's source (the one based on 4.2 QFE2)

#54442 InterruptPort and Analog pot?

Posted by Kip on 03 December 2013 - 10:03 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

use a secondary thread to poll the AnalogInput every 50 ms or so

#54441 Alternate systems for Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Kip on 03 December 2013 - 10:02 PM in General Discussion

If you want to do something like this you should buy a stlink anyway... Also, I don't think it's possibile to switch between native and netmf at runtime

#54436 A few issues with NP2

Posted by Kip on 03 December 2013 - 06:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I managed to compile the firmware, but it's too old...

#54435 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.2 (update 2)

Posted by Kip on 03 December 2013 - 06:12 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

When will you release this particular version of the code? The one available for download is 4.2.2.1 which compiles on QFE1, and it's quite old... 4.3 would we way better (so I wouldn't have to deal with VS2010), but I realize you only release stable versions...

#54429 A few issues with NP2

Posted by Kip on 03 December 2013 - 09:19 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi to all! This is my first post on this forum :D

I have a few issues with my NP2 (fw 4.3 beta 1), first of all... often I get the "Unable to communicate with USB:Netduino" error, which I can only solve by reflashing the firmware... any clues?

(by the way, is source for v4.3 beta available? I'm having troubles recompiling 4.2.2.2)

The second problem is with storage: I have to store 32 bytes of data on chip, and I read you can't use ExtendedWeakReference... is it true?

Third: is there a way to use unsafe code? I read on the forum that you actually can, but everytime I try to use it, netduino just hangs and I have to reflash the firmware :

Fourth: every STM32F40 has a 96 bit unique ID, is it exposed somewhere?

The last 3 problems can be solved by compiling my own custom firmware, but I don't really want to install VS 2010, so I should just wait for v4.3 to come out and work on that firmware :

Sorry for the long post :D

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.