Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

XavGG's Content

There have been 9 items by XavGG (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#6570 XBee Troubleshooting Ideas?

Posted by XavGG on 27 December 2010 - 02:02 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks!
I soldered them now but is showing the same exception again. With Grommet library first tells that a problem occurred with hardware, please check it says. But at the end both libraries finish with the exception I attach. Now the shield is correctly powered and looks like when is connected to arduino.
The code near the exception is all my xbee class code; maybe you can find a mistake.
Thanks again for your help.

Sorry but I tried to not use any library and use my serial communication class and looks it works fine, I only have a problem with parsing bytes to string, and I think the problem comes from the transmitter because is an arduino and not a PC serial com.

So my question is why there’re two libraries for xBee? What are they for?
Thanks.

#6569 XBee Troubleshooting Ideas?

Posted by XavGG on 27 December 2010 - 01:49 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks! I soldered them now but is showing the same exception again. With Grommet library first tells that a problem occurred with hardware, please check it says. But at the end both libraries finish with the exception I attach. Now the shield is correctly powered and looks like when is connected to arduino. The code near the exception is all my xbee class code; maybe you can find a mistake. Thanks again for your help.

Attached Thumbnails

• excepcion.png

#6534 XBee Troubleshooting Ideas?

Posted by XavGG on 26 December 2010 - 07:23 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello, I'm trying to communicate netduino to my laptop using xBee. I already have the transmitter tested and it works fine. The problem comes when I replace arduino receiver for the netduino. I’m using the arduino xBee shield and I realize that netduino doesn’t have the six pins that arduino has soldered. I think this is the problem because xBee looks unpowered. Did some of you use this shield? Do you know if I have to solder this pins or power it from other pins? If they are not compatible can I connect it directly with the serial and vcc ports (only if there isn’t other way) ? I have two classes using both libraries (Grommet & Michael) ready to test the communication. But when I try to open API module exception is shown. Thanks people! (I dubt to put this post here or in this other post http://forums.netdui...ting-with-xbee/)

#5807 Netduino doesn't autoruns without USB

Posted by XavGG on 06 December 2010 - 12:27 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Ok thanks Chris, I'll buy a USB-TTL cable for the moment.

#5770 Netduino doesn't autoruns without USB

Posted by XavGG on 05 December 2010 - 12:28 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I feel very stupid right now, my adapter provides AC voltage. I don't know why I suposed it was DC voltage. So I'm happy I didn't break the board. Thanks for the help anyway Chris. One short question: I know it's impossible (now) to communicate with the board and debug at the same time and I would need a USB-TTL cable, but nowhere talks about using usb as only communication port and power it with the adapter, no debug. It's this possible?

#5752 Netduino doesn't autoruns without USB

Posted by XavGG on 04 December 2010 - 09:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I tried to connect with the USB to my laptop cooling platform to try if powered with USB works and it does. So the problem is with the power supply or the adapter

#5750 Netduino doesn't autoruns without USB

Posted by XavGG on 04 December 2010 - 09:04 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Yes it does, and what is the bootloader mode? theres any way to let it jump this mode and autorun the program?

#5745 Netduino doesn't autoruns without USB

Posted by XavGG on 04 December 2010 - 08:48 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks for answering so quickly Chris. I just tried that right now but it did the same. Starts the blue Led like always before running the program but nothing next. The Led keeps switched on. Can the power adapter be wrong for any reason? I think It's enough 9v 500mA 4.5VA

#5738 Netduino doesn't autoruns without USB

Posted by XavGG on 04 December 2010 - 08:08 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello, This is my first post, first I want to apologise abaout my English. I found so much information in these posts that now I hope you can hep me because Google doesn't have too much information about netduino. I can debug my programs with netduino connected throw USB, but when I try to run it whithout USB only switchs on the Led. I'm powering it with 9v 500mA Power adapter. Anyone had this problem as me? Thanks!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.