Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Tecchie's Content

There have been 2 items by Tecchie (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28755 Simple DMX Transmitter

Posted by Tecchie on 09 May 2012 - 08:55 PM in Project Showcase

Sorry for the confusion about the IC name and the late response. I haven't been here for a longer while. But Mario kindly helped out.

Also I suggest a couple of resistor on the output wiring. One 1Meg pullup at pin 6, and one 1Meg pulldown at pin 7 (of the 75176). That prevents undefined reception at the receiver side, when there's no enable of transmission.

The transmit enable pin is hardwired to logic high in my example, so transmission is always enabled. So these bias resistors are not necessarily needed here, but one may add them.

The solution is a bit hacked, and delicate, but worthy the same.

Of course, it's a bit of a hack. The two common solutions on a µC would be either to set the break flag in the UART register or decrease the baud rate and send 0x00. Unfortunately both options are not available on the netduino/.NET Micro Framework. The Break property on the SerialPort class is only available in full .NET and changing the baud rate while leaving the port opened isn't allowed (at least when i tested that).

Thomas

#13132 N+ Serial Read Frequency

Posted by Tecchie on 11 May 2011 - 05:26 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

port1.Write(GPSbuffer, 0, GPSbuffer.Length);
    if (GPSbuffer[0] != 36)
        continue;

Those two lines seem a bit strange. First line: Why do you try to write the data back to the GPS?
Second line: are you sure that you want to skip all of the remaining part of the while-loop (including the reading from the IMU)?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.