Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Vishal Kaushik's Content

There have been 16 items by Vishal Kaushik (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#25067 .NET Micro Framework 4.2 QFE1

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 04 March 2012 - 04:35 PM in General Discussion

And one more, if it is RTM why is it not comming on Netduino?

#25066 .NET Micro Framework 4.2 QFE1

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 04 March 2012 - 04:15 PM in General Discussion

Is there a finite date when we shall have final release of .NET MF 4.2? It is more than 6 months now, I am not sure what is holding Microsoft from doing that. What I mean it is still RTM ("release to manufacturing" or "release to marketing") not GA (General availability or general acceptance).

#21363 Netduino Plus Software Architecture and Tools

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 06 December 2011 - 01:41 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

There is rather detailed description in the .NET Micro Framework Porting Kit documentation, available for download at CodePlex (RCLPort.chm), which answers a lot of your questions.

Sorry, but at the architecture level Netduino Plus is no different than any other device/board, the diagram applies to it as well. However, the picture does not really include all the features, there are many PAL and Library parts missing (e.g. networking).

Thanks for your reply. My idea of referring MSDN link was to give a reference and say that is how I was looking to have information for Netduino I.e. not as detailed as it is in chm file.

There are few things that ARM(Atmel) and Netduino provide, I was expecting to see those in the diagram. In layered representation, it becomes very clear what uses what and what sits parallel to what?

#21342 XML-RPC with .net mirco framework - howto ?

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 05 December 2011 - 08:59 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,

I need to set up a communication from the netduino plus to an existing XML-RPC Service.
More info could be found here: http://www.xmlrpc.com/

I tried to use the wellknown .net implementation from Charles Cook.
http://www.cookcompu...blog/index.html

Unfortunatly the build failed, it seems that the implementation from Charles Cook doesn´t run on .net MF.
The same code works fine in a console application.

Has somebody experience with XML-RPC implementations on .net MF ?

Thanks for your support
Andy

Did you get a solution for this? If so can you please share your experiance?

You may probably like to see my work Kaushik SPOT Services for .NET Micro Framework. If RPC did not work for you, you may see how this fits in to what you want.

#21300 Netduino Plus Software Architecture and Tools

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 03 December 2011 - 06:13 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I was searching stuff on MSDN for this topic and found this link Understanding .NET Micro Framework Architecture

There is a very good Architecture Diagram IC148840.jpg (though I am not sure what WPF is doing there :)) but then can somebody use it as a reference and provide similar structure for Netduino Plus? Thanks in advance.

#20829 Netduino Plus Software Architecture and Tools

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 21 November 2011 - 05:07 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks Dan, I read this and read this more and more as I played with Firmware Upgrade process. It really helps (especially the way you broke my questions and answered). The address range thing I saw when I was using SAM-BA so kind of asked it (I know I should not play with it but then if I did :o ). Chris: I think just a utility that backups and restores your settings will be a good idea, that will work even if you have completely erased Netduino. I am not sure if ER_CONFIG is already doing something like that. With rapidly changing world having a full-blown update tool for Netduino will itself need updates quite frequently, I would rather like to see a tool like Microsoft Web Platform Installer. For now I wish if there was a permanent link to download beta/RC version of all related software under downloads itself otherwise one has to search in forums. But then not having that encourages people to search in forums and may be contribute as well :) .

#20805 Kaushik SPOT Services for .NET Micro Framework

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 21 November 2011 - 04:55 AM in Project Showcase

Thanks Chris!!! It is my pleasure. All of you are always welcome for improvement suggestions and/or clarifications.

For those who did not understand what my work is all about I would like to explain it again..

This is a digital world where devices collaborate to solve some business problem. As we move ahead these devices are not limited to High end servers; we have PCs, Laptops, Smart Phones and Embedded systems that play a vital role in this collaboration.

My framework unites these devices by providing a communication platform based on RPC/RMI and Microsoft’s .NET Framework. You will be able to control and manipulate embedded systems from click of a button on your laptop or a windows phone. Any MS Developer can adopt this RPC/RMI Framework and use it as if (s)he is working with Web Services or WCF. (S)he does not require specialized skills to be able to establish such communication.

Netduino Plus is a Netduino with network capabilities. It gives us opportunity to communicate with this cool thing from other devices like PC and Phone using Ethernet. Writing stuff from ground up to realize what business problem you want to address would not be required if you use this. DPWS for sure is another thing that you may use, but then it is too heavy to run. If you use DPWS, you will be left with nothing on Netduino to do your own work.

Possibilities: You can securely control things in following setup:

1. Host RPC/RMI enabled Services on Netduino and control it from a PC and/or Windows Phone.
2. Host RPC/RMI enabled Services on PC and control it with a Netduino and/or Windows Phone.

It is Internet Of Things :)

#20797 Kaushik SPOT Services for .NET Micro Framework

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 20 November 2011 - 04:35 PM in Project Showcase

Update : On popular demand now I have added security feature to my framework using RC4 Cipher algorithm. My old examples are updated to demonstrate how to use it. RC4 is symmetric key cipher, there could be other cipher algorithms (may be asymmetric key) to implement security model (remember to implement ICryptographicServiceProvider). I also fixed a related issue in my core library for security support. Major challenge here is UTF8, the only encoding supported by .NET Micro Framework. I did not add more ciphers in here as .NET Micro Framework 4.2 will soon have many that will interoperate across all .NET Frameworks.

Code if there on CodePlex. Happy Programming!!!

#19522 Netduino Plus Software Architecture and Tools

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 21 October 2011 - 12:13 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Can someone please help me with my question? It will help me do things in a better way. Thanks in advance.

#18526 Kaushik SPOT Services for .NET Micro Framework

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 28 September 2011 - 04:47 AM in Project Showcase

There are few things that I want to add to this framework before I make a formal release. As of now those are: 1. Add asynchronous calls in proxy generation. 2. Proxy generation should be part of Visual Studio itself and not a separate utility. 3. Add a project template and item templates in Visual Studio 2010 for these services. 4. Add config file for proxy. 5. Add few symmetric and asymmetric encryption algorithms (need suggestions on names) these will be provided on all of the platforms. 6. Try to add feature to host services on Windows Phone (though I see it not possible right now as listeners are not allowed) I also would like to hear from people on current state of work and any issue they face. What features I will add or wish to add depend on overall size of library, runtime memory requirement and performance. I plan to have first release by this year end on Codeplex.

#18276 Kaushik SPOT Services for .NET Micro Framework

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 21 September 2011 - 07:32 AM in Project Showcase

Latest Update : Added support for Windows Phone 7.1 (RC). Now Windows Phone can act as a Kaushik SPOT Services client.

#18186 Kaushik SPOT Services for .NET Micro Framework

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 19 September 2011 - 09:12 AM in Project Showcase

In Codeplex I already have 4 sample services that are hosted on Netduino. Their names are SpotServiceTest, BlinkLedService, SwitchService and SayHello. All of these are in Kaushik.Spot.MicroServer.

To make it simple I have summarized steps below:

1. Define an Interface that acts as a Service Contract. Interface should be marked with attribute SpotService and respective RMI methods should be marked SpotMethod
2. Implement interface defined in step 1 in a class
3. Register the class defined in step 2 using SpotServices.RegisterService(new <serviceclassname>());
4. Start Spot Services server using SpotServices.StartServer(<socketport>);
5. Code Generate proxy class using Kaushik.Spot.CodeGenerator, steps are explained in Demo Video and include in your client app (like Kaushik.Spot.ControllerApp)

You can see steps 1 to 4 in project named Kaushik.Spot.MicroServer. Step 5 is implemented in Kaushik.Spot.ControllerApp (UI project used in Demo) and Kaushik.Spot.ConsoleClient.TestApp (A simple load test project)

You are ready to have fun….

You can give me a specific example that you might want to implement and I will be glad to help you.

May we have some more sample code than the one shown in the video?

#18148 Kaushik SPOT Services for .NET Micro Framework

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 18 September 2011 - 05:41 PM in Project Showcase

Thanks for having a look at it. I have moved it to Project Showcase

Hey, congrats for the amazing framework!
I wonder how you were able to fit all that into a Netduino Plus!

It's best if you move this thread in the "Project showcases" section of this forum.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers

#18141 Kaushik SPOT Services for .NET Micro Framework

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 18 September 2011 - 09:54 AM in Project Showcase

This Project provides a Library that can be used on all kinds of .NET Framework i.e. .NET Regular Framework, .NET Micro Framework etc for RPC/RMI. This definitely does not replace .NET Remoting, Web Services and WCF but certainly add one more to the same stack; and it is very simple to be used for very light weight but still mission critical applications.

Please refer to Codeplex for more details. And a demo can be seen at YouTube. On Codeplex Home page and Documentation page have useful information.

This is my First project on Netduino Plus (In fact first on any Micro Controller and .NET Micro Framework). I hope all of you will like it and use it for further more to come.

Update Sep 21, 2011 : Added support for Windows Phone 7.1 (RC). Now Windows Phone can act as a Kaushik SPOT Services client.

#17431 Netduino Plus Software Architecture and Tools

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 02 September 2011 - 08:17 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks Chris for responding to me and Warm Welcome!! That clarifies some doubts in my mind.

I would still like to understand role of each software component in the stack of Netduino Plus. I believe it will allow me to take advantage of those things and implement real good stuff on this device. I would like to contribute to this platform on software front and I think there should be a reference material for people like me.

#17269 Netduino Plus Software Architecture and Tools

Posted by Vishal Kaushik on 30 August 2011 - 09:55 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I want to understand what is the software technology stack of Netduino Plus? What is the role of components like ER_FLASH, TinyBooterDecompressor etc.? What is the address range of various things in memory for each such component? Why do we need Porting Kit? What is the use of MFDeploy? Who owns TinyBooterDecompressor and from where we can get its updates and archives? How can I know what version of TinyBooterDecompressor is thereon my Netduino Plus? I would also like to know how does my .NET Application actually run on this device?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.