Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

optimus primer's Content

There have been 21 items by optimus primer (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#47976 12 button keypad and password

Posted by optimus primer on 03 April 2013 - 01:29 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

thanks for the quick response, on post 20 of the second link will that code record the keypads key strokes?

#47948 12 button keypad and password

Posted by optimus primer on 03 April 2013 - 12:23 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i have a 12 button keypad http://www.karlssonr...CFVSVMgodv04AEw im wanting to use this for entering a password. just a simple setup that will turn on a light turn on a led once the numbers are put in. then turn off when we i put the numbers in.

if you have look at any of my other post you will see that i am really dumb when i comes to programming with c#. if there is a website site that will walk me through how to do this or something along the lines of this that would be awesome.

i am taking baby steps in this process. which i will try and build the script into some what of a security system.

things would be so much easier if netduino was in ladder logic. lol only kinda of program i can halfway do

thanks for the help

#47725 need help!

Posted by optimus primer on 29 March 2013 - 02:33 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

the keypad idea was trash.only information i can find was that the standyby mode 20ma and alarm mode was 55ma.

thinking it would have been easier just to use a 12 button keypad with an extra netduino.

i had recently set up a small sensor setup at my house with the help from this website on the programming part.

i work part time at a metal shop on the weekends designing parts for the company and i ran the idea by the owner to maybe put a security system in the building without having a monthly payment. he wants me to show him some kind of progress by next week. not got anywhere really. dont even know were to start. we set down and he told me kinda how he wants the system to work. i will post it below.

i know that some of the things i dont have specs on like the autodialer and a small buzzer or even the siren. but a small signal could be ran to these devices and i could use a small control relay to make them work.

i am in way over my head. so any help would be nice,  thankss

key pad mode type

mode 1 - alarm on - system on

system is on 
system is turn on by password
system is turn off by password
system on indicated by led blinky (green light - light is 10sec off .5sec on)
(if alarm is triggered the buzzer will not sound)
(if alarm is triggered siren will turn on 1 min after system is triggered)
(auto dialer is triggered 1 minute after system is triggered)
(if alarm is triggered it can only be turn off (into standby mode) password is entered then #)
to turn the system to mode 2 - press the 4 digit password then press #

mode 2 - standby - system off

no autodialer and no siren activity
system is active (indicated by blue led - light is 10sec of .5sec on)
buzzer will be active if any sensor is broke
buzzer will give 3 short burst
(password can only be changed by holding 1 and # for 5 sec)
(then put in old password then # - then repeat ne password then #)
(if new password is set green led will flash to indicate password change)
(if new password set fails then red light will flash indicating the password did not reset)
to turn the system to mode 1 - press the 4 digit password then press #

general information

default password is 1111
# = enter
* = cancel or clear
(if entering the password and wrong button is push * will clear the all digits)
(password must be 4 digits long)
(panic mode will work in mode 1 and mode 2)
(panic mode can only be activated by holding buttons 1 5 9 for 7 seconds)

#47703 need help!

Posted by optimus primer on 28 March 2013 - 08:31 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Probably not the best place to be asking for paid help.  I am a paid consultant and do this type of work, but certainly would not think of taking on a task like this especially from this kind of forum post.  This is an open community and everyone tries to help equally and learn equally.  It sounds like you bit off a little more than you could chew on your project.

Perhaps if you post of some details of the project and what your struggles are, the community can help give you some guidance so you can finish the project that you chose to take on.

thanks for the info. i have posted some what of the stuff i ineeded but didnt get any replies. the deadline is kinda getting close and there is no way possible i coud finish it. the task would be rather easy for someone with experience with programming which i am not. im taking a plc class this semester but nothing comes close to programming with c#.

could you possible point me in the right direction for someone or company that would write the program for pay?

i would perfer someone close to where i live. near nashville tn. but anyone would work.

thanks for all the help :)

#47687 need help!

Posted by optimus primer on 28 March 2013 - 04:45 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i have been trying to write the program myself but i dont know were to even start. i am getting closer and closer to my deadline and have no accomplish nothing with it. i am willing to pay for this project to be done. if your interested please reply and i will post more of what i need. pay is negotiable. thanks

#47422 complete custom security set up

Posted by optimus primer on 20 March 2013 - 08:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i have been tinkering around with netduino for a couple months know. still far from completely understanding everything. i am wanting to make a full custom security system. using to different netduino one for the actual sensors to go through out my house and the other to is to be use for my 12 button keypad. i have  already got the sensor board completed with the help from this website, know im needing help with the keypad part know   lol. list below is kinda what i am wanting to do. any help will be greatly appreciated. or even a forum that would help me along the way would be nice too.  thanks for the help

key pad mode type

mode 1 - standby - system off

no autodialer and no siren activity
system is active (indicated by blue led - light is 10sec of .5sec on)
buzzer will be active if any sensor is broke
buzzer will give 3 short burst
(password can only be changed by holding 1 and # for 5 sec)
(then put in old password then # - then repeat ne password then #)
(if new password is set green led will flash to indicate password change)
(if new password set fails then red light will flash indicating the password did not reset)
to turn the system to mode 1 - press the 4 digit password then press #

mode 2 - alarm on - system on

system is on 
system is turn on by password
system is turn off by password
system on indicated by led blinky (green light - light is 10sec off .5sec on)
(if alarm is triggered the buzzer will not sound)
(if alarm is triggered siren will turn on 1 min after system is triggered)
(auto dialer is triggered 1 minute after system is triggered)
(if alarm is triggered it can only be turn off (into standby mode) password is entered then #)
to turn the system to mode 2 - press the 4 digit password then press #

general information

default password is 1111
# = enter
* = cancel or clear
(if entering the password and wrong button is push * will clear the all digits)
(password must be 4 digits long)
(panic mode will work in mode 1 and mode 2)
(panic mode can only be activated by holding buttons 1 5 9 for 7 seconds)

#45386 security keypad

Posted by optimus primer on 12 February 2013 - 05:20 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

thanks for the infromation. i should be getting it in the mail in the next couple of days. with some trial and testing i will be able to figure out something and i will post my results with some questions how to write the code.. thanks

#45350 security keypad

Posted by optimus primer on 11 February 2013 - 11:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

im fairly new to the netduino and or programming together. what i am thinking is that the power runs thru the security keypad and when the alrm is set that the amps will indicate that the alarm is on and if a sensor break that it trigger the led(alarm).

i have bought the keypad but it has not got here yet. not really sure how the thing works yet. but when i get it. i be able to tinker with it and can give a more clearly question.

thanks,

#45268 security keypad

Posted by optimus primer on 10 February 2013 - 09:11 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

listed below is what i am reading on the pdf. page 12. this might not be enough information for you but then again it might.

if the netduino board can not handle that much current would i be able to add resistance to the line in return lowering the voltage so that reads below 20mA for alarm and even lower for standby?

what i am trying to do is make a functional security system using the honeywell key pad with my netduino. i want to keep all the function of the security keypad. so correct me if i am wrong. but with the current listed below if i program the netduino to light up an led with the alarm set and the sensor breaks connection would it work? and not light up the led if the keypad is set for standby and a sensor breaks?

DEVICE CURRENT # UNITS TOTAL CURRENT

6148 Fixed-Word Keypad 30mA standby/55mA alarm

here is the website that the i got the information from above from.

http://www.alarmhow....tion Manual.pdf

#45266 security keypad

Posted by optimus primer on 10 February 2013 - 09:08 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

listed below is what i am reading on the pdf. page 12. this might not be enough information for you but then again it might.

if the netduino board can not handle that much current would i be able to add resistance to the line in return lowering the voltage so that reads below 20mA for alarm and even lower for standby?

what i am trying to do is make a functional security system using the honeywell key pad with my netduino. i want to keep all the function of the security keypad. so correct me if i am wrong. but with the current listed below if i program the netduino to light up an led with the alarm set and the sensor breaks connection would it work? and not light up the led if the keypad is set for standby and a sensor breaks?

#45126 small door sensor

Posted by optimus primer on 08 February 2013 - 12:34 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

my adviser (college teacher) has the all the necessary equipment to test this data line.

Do you think that data line pulses?

#45094 small door sensor

Posted by optimus primer on 07 February 2013 - 05:45 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

thanks for your time and help.

listed below is what i was reading on the pdf. page 12. this might not be enough information for you but then again it might.

and if the netduino board can not handle that much current would i be abnle to add restistance to the line in return lowering the voltage so that reads below 20mA for alarm and even lower for standby?

what i am trying to do is make a functional security system using the honeywell key pad with my netduino. i want to keep all the function of the security keypad. so correct me if i am wrong. but with the current listed below if i program the netduino to light up an led with the alarm set and the sensor breaks connection would it work? and not light up the led if the keypad is set for standby and a sensor breaks?

#45044 small door sensor

Posted by optimus primer on 07 February 2013 - 12:13 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

well i found a manual online that said that the current for stand by is 30ma, and 55ma for the alarm. if i hook the data out pin to the analog input on the netduino and have it to light a led when the current is at 55ma, and not when its set at 30ma. would this process work?

here is the link i found this information from.......                                                                                        

http://www.alarmhow....tion Manual.pdf

#45043 security keypad

Posted by optimus primer on 06 February 2013 - 11:29 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i am in the process of making a home security system. i want to buy a keypad instead of making one. honeywell ademco 6148. but i do not understand the data line out. i can not find any specs on the net anywhere. any help would be awesome.

thanks.

#44992 small door sensor

Posted by optimus primer on 06 February 2013 - 12:15 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

optimus primer,

The link was to the Keypad that you listed.

I do not know if it would work without seeing what it transmits using a logic analysis or more information from a data sheet.

Chuck

oh ok. im a dumdass i just realized that its the same controller. i will try and find a keypad that has a data sheet. is there anything specific to look for?

#44975 small door sensor

Posted by optimus primer on 05 February 2013 - 07:42 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The data out may be something like a serial line that sends the code to the alarm panel instead. It does not make sense to have a wire that just turns the panel on or off. That would only take 2 wires and could be opened or shorted to turn the panel off.

I would not buy the keypad with a data sheet. http://www.intellaho...148 install.pdf

Chuck

so what you are saying is that the keypad in the hyperlink would work? if so would i have to make my own keypad matrix from the statement from Billy Propes statement? or would it be almost plug and play (knowing that the netduino program would have to modified)?

#44933 small door sensor

Posted by optimus primer on 04 February 2013 - 11:58 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

well i been thinking about adding a keypad to the system. just for the hell of it. would any type of security keypad work? i was thinking cheap and found a ademco 6148 for about 40 bucks. it says there is.....

-(black) ground

+(red) +12vdc(aux. power)

DO (yellow) 'data out" from control panel

i guess the best way to test and see if it would work is to buy it and try it out. i figure the DO yellow would basically be an on/off switch to start the light from on/off. but not sure. any help would be awesome

thanks.....

#43834 small door sensor

Posted by optimus primer on 20 January 2013 - 11:06 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Could you please provide more detailed information on what kind of door sensor you use and how exactly it is connected to Netduino?

it is a magnetic two piece sensor. there is two wires that run into one piece of the sensor. the other piece connects to it magnetically. with both pieces together it can complete the circuit. once the 2 pieces are separated it will open the circuit. 

hope this helps

thanks,

#43767 small door sensor

Posted by optimus primer on 19 January 2013 - 07:23 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Well, the code was not meant as a complete working solution, just a snippet to illustrate the idea, sorry about the confusion. The fixed version that can be copy'n'paste-d directly (replace everything in your Program.cs) is  

using System;using System.Threading;using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino; namespace NetduinoApplication1{  public static class Program  {    private static InterruptPort doorSensor;    private static InterruptPort resetSwitch;    private static OutputPort led;     public static void Main()    {      // TODO: Replace the pins according to the actual wiring      doorSensor = new InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D0, false, ResistorModes.PullUp, InterruptModes.InterruptEdgeLow);      doorSensor.OnInterrupt += doorSensor_OnInterrupt;       resetSwitch = new InterruptPort(Pins.ONBOARD_BTN, false, ResistorModes.PullUp, InterruptModes.InterruptEdgeLow);      resetSwitch.OnInterrupt += resetSwitch_OnInterrupt;       // TODO: Replace the pin if you use external LED      led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false); // Initially Off       // Sleep, wait for the interrupts...      Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);    }     private static void doorSensor_OnInterrupt(uint data1, uint data2, DateTime time)    {      // Door open - turn the LED on      led.Write(true);    }     private static void resetSwitch_OnInterrupt(uint data1, uint data2, DateTime time)    {      led.Write(false);    }  }}

i have been tinkering with the program for several days know. I can not seem to get it just right. i am trying to get it were the light will come on when the sensor breaks, not when it breaks then close. thanks for all help

#43053 small door sensor

Posted by optimus primer on 09 January 2013 - 04:32 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Perhaps a better idea instead of the endless loop will be to instantiate two InterruptPort-s, one for the door sensor and second for the reset switch, then you can set the LED state in the respective interrupt handlers. Wire both sensor and switch between Netduino pin and ground, otherwise you'd need to change the interrupt mode (e.g. InterruptEdgeHigh).  
... private static InterruptPort doorSensor;private static InterruptPort resetSwitch;private static OutputPort led; static void Main(){  // TODO: Replace the pins according to the actual wiring  doorSensor = new InterruptPort(Pins.D0, false, ResistorModes.PullUp, InterruptModes.InterruptEdgeLow);  doorSensor.OnInterrupt += doorSensor_OnInterrupt;   resetSwitch = new InterruptPort(Pins.ONBOARD_SWITCH, false, ResistorModes.PullUp, InterruptModes.InterruptEdgeLow);  resetSwitch.OnInterrupt += resetSwitch_OnInterrupt;   // TODO: Replace the pin if you use external LED  led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false); // Initially Off   // Sleep, wait for the interrupts...  Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);} static void doorSensor_OnInterrupt(uint data1, uint data2, DateTime time){  // Door open - turn the LED on  led.Write(true);} static void resetSwitch_OnInterrupt(uint data1, uint data2, DateTime time){  led.Write(false);}

Depending on switch or door sensor construction, you'd probably need to improve the code to handle bouncing - this has been already discussed numerous times on the forum  :P

thanks for the reply. really helpful. i tried a copy and paste and it thru a bunch of errors. but when i type the hole thing i still get a couple errors. will there be a difference in the coding if there is a difference in firmware. i have 4.2 . this is probably a real stupid question but like i said im new to the whole thing.

thanks again

#42887 small door sensor

Posted by optimus primer on 06 January 2013 - 08:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i am new to netduino, and even programming. i have an idea for a door sensor but lacking the programming part. if anyone would like help me i would greatly appreciate it.

my kids are currently running in and out of the back door while i am in my office. i would love to be able to know when they are coming in and out of the back door. i have bought some led lights and door sensors. have plenty of wire laying around. so i have all the stuff to do it just stuck with the programming.

my idea is to maybe have power running through the sensor and when the door opens the break in the voltage will somehow turn the led on. and when the door shuts the light will still stay on until i press a reset switch or button.

any tips will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.