Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Firegun's Content

There have been 24 items by Firegun (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#29051 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC5 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by Firegun on 14 May 2012 - 09:21 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I deleted my .NETMF and Netduino SDKs and downloaded and installed the latest 4.2. I took an unused (4.1.0.6) Plus board, erased it using the pad, loaded the boot with SAMBA, loaded the 4.2RC5 firmware and config with MFDeploy without problem. Afterwards, Ping, no response. Started over again with boot, firmware, config, still no response. Unplugged the USB cable, blue screen, reboot, launch MFDeploy Ping OK, restored the MAC. Ping, no reply. Tried deploying my code from VS no go. The board will occasionally respond to MFDeploy and reports correct MAC but I have not been able to deploy from VS at all. Tried various USB ports, reset button pushes, reconnects, nothing.

Have you tried to restart (from the onboard button) the N+ and ping it again? You using static IP? I´ve have noted that mine board seems works OK with DHCP, or the restart. But on other two boards, from friends of mine the network apparently worked fine on preliminary tests.

#28984 ETA for 4.2 ? .. seems kinda quiet...

Posted by Firegun on 14 May 2012 - 02:04 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Any known schedule on 4.2?

I have parked my project pending better dhcp... would like to get back into it!

Hello mate,

Chris sad on April 5, on the RC4 topic (post #116):

"If RC5 works well for everyone, we'll switch the PWM and AnalogInput classes over to the new 4.2 ones (the same ones implemented already on Netduino Go) and then ship a final RC6/RTM for Netduino."

The RC5 is out, I personaly having some network issues with it, but the more ppl testing it the faster the RC6 and RTM may be avaliable.

#28983 can't connect to my netduino anymore

Posted by Firegun on 14 May 2012 - 01:56 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Maybe not, but I can try to jump in!
I am able to successfully deploy the tinybooterdecompressor.

Afterwards, the netduino will not enumerate over USB. I have verified that the tinybooterdecompressor is programmed to 0x100000. I must be missing a step because after a power cycle, the device has the tinybooterdecompressor but I can not access it in mfdeploy. (it isn't avail over USB and pinging over serial yields no response)

I am using a usb->serial converter to do the flash erases/programming. I have tried multiple versions of the tinybooterdecompressor.

FWIW sam-ba 2.8 works for me under compat mode. (I am W7 64 bit) I have Micro SDK 4.1 and 4.2

[this is not a + device. -- I need the latest beta firmware for I2C internal addressing. I have an AVR-ISP if that helps.]

Didn´t you forgot to set it to boot from flash in SAM-BA (on the scripts combobox), before the power cycle? Idk how it may helps, but there are a new version of SAM-BA (v2.11) too.

#28981 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC5 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by Firegun on 14 May 2012 - 12:43 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hello Chris! Can you tell me SAM7X devboard name?

Would it be the at91sam7x512-ek ?

#28945 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC5 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by Firegun on 13 May 2012 - 03:52 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I´ve made more tests, and my current situation is: I erase the N+, put the 4.2RC5, configure the network (fixed IP, MAC address set too), and it don´t answer to network (pings). If I restart it (from onboard button or from MFDeploy), with the network cable plugged, it starts the network and it works till power disconnection (even if I disconnect the network cable several times). A restart with the cable disconnected don´t make network to start. Is there anyway to get more debug information? Idk what to do, beside going back to 4.1, again ;/

#28901 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC5 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by Firegun on 12 May 2012 - 01:36 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Also what do I need to do to go back to 4.1.06 on the N+ and in 2010VC?

On the Netduino you need to do the same you´ve done to put the new firware on it, just upload the desired version, the step are the same. On the VS2010 you just need to select the .Net Micro Framework 4.1 as your target framework (right click on the project, Properties -> Application -> Target Framework), it will as to reopen your project after you change that, and it´s all back to 4.1.

Hope it helps!

#28899 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC5 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by Firegun on 12 May 2012 - 01:31 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Chris,

Unfortunately the same bug network bug I found previously still exists in RC5. The same steps in the first post still recreate the problem.

http://forums.netdui...ted-on-boot-up/

Cabadam,

Don´t you have same issue then I? (or I have same as yours..) If you just put the 4.2RC5 firmware, and no app deploy, are you able to ping your Netduino Plus (we should be able to ping it at this moment, right??)? Turning it on with or without the cable connected don´t matter to me.

Hi Firegun,

Quick question: did you set the MAC address (through MFDeploy) to match the sticker on the back of your Netduino Plus?

If so, do you have a copy of Wireshark? That's probably the best place to start to diagnose the issue...

Chris

I´ve spended some time with wireshark and what I could see is that the Netduino don´t respond to ARP requests, nor will it respond to ping then. Deploying an app "solves" the problem till next time it is turned off.

#28855 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC5 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by Firegun on 11 May 2012 - 08:37 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hi Firegun,

Quick question: did you set the MAC address (through MFDeploy) to match the sticker on the back of your Netduino Plus?

If so, do you have a copy of Wireshark? That's probably the best place to start to diagnose the issue...

Chris

No I hadn´t done that, just did and the problem persists (on 4.2RC5). But I hadn´t done that on the 4.1.x and it worked fine with the default (00-00-00-00-00-01). I do have wireshark around, I´ll check if I can find the issue later, tnks for the quick reply, I´ll post any findings.

#28852 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC5 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by Firegun on 11 May 2012 - 07:44 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I´m using a netduino plus and I´m having a problem related to network. The upgrade proccess ran with no problems, but after I configure the network settings (I´m using a fixed IP, just other subnet then the default 192.168.5.0/16). I got "Destination host unreachable" when I ping the board, I can see the act led blink on the ping requests. But... if I go to visual studio, deploy and application and start a new debug session, the network start to respond to pings and on the port I use on the program. When I restart (taking power out) the netduino I can´t access the network again. I´ve tried to start it with and without the network cable pluged in. I´ve tested with 4.2RC3, 4.2RC4 and 4.2RC5, they all give me similars results. With 4.1.1.0b1 it works as expected. On all firmwares my program runs well if started from VS, on 4.1 it works anyways. The program size is 14788 bytes. Any ideas? PS: But the problems related to blue screens when the USB cable was removed in the middle of a debug session, the "auto-reset feature", seems to be resolved! I´m using a 64-bit env :)

#28717 ZigBee without microcontroller

Posted by Firegun on 09 May 2012 - 02:11 PM in General Discussion

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there's a way to use a zigbee transmitter to broadcast N analog inputs directly to a netduino with a wifi receiver without having to use another microcontroller to manage the data sent by the transmitter.
Or at least, if there's a way to use a zigbee transmitter with a netduino mini used as data manager.

Thanks.

Hello mate,

As far as I know (I don´t have nor worked with) ZigBee cannot be used alone, it need to be "driven" by someone. It uses a serial interface (also known as UART) to communicate, so a mini will do the service (on pins 11-12) :)

Hope had helped!

#28546 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC4 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by Firegun on 04 May 2012 - 12:57 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

We're still working out a deployment glitch with RC5, but hope to have it passed off soon for the community.

We will also have an updated Netduino 4.2 SDK installer.

Chris

News?

#27562 Modbus

Posted by Firegun on 18 April 2012 - 04:32 PM in General Discussion

Sure!
Have a look here: http://cetdevelop.codeplex.com/
More is coming quickly...
Cheers

Oh Mario, great work! I´ve read the blog post, loved what I saw, still didn´t tried it out, but can´t wait to see it working :)

Just please don´t forget to post about your work here mate, I didn´t get that before your last post ^^

Congratulations!

#26906 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC4 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by Firegun on 11 April 2012 - 03:22 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Sup with RC5 and the rest?! Can´t wait to get my hands on then!

#24921 Modbus

Posted by Firegun on 01 March 2012 - 06:26 PM in General Discussion

I'm fairly new to netduino but are interested in running the Modbus TCP, any progress in porting to MF?

I use a SCADA and do not have many other options to communicate than modbusRTU/TCP

See bellow...

works with 4.2 Rc4?

Unfortunately seems that no one got time to port the Modbus/TCP to the Netduino (neither myself). The link on the first post is for an C#, but not targeted to the MF. So, until now, it don´t work / it is not implemented, but should work when it get done ^^

#21086 Class compatibility issues with microframework

Posted by Firegun on 28 November 2011 - 11:39 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello Adamos, I rly don´t know about the IComparable, you will prob need to implement the interface and do some changes on your code to wotk with it, but about the collections on .NetMF there are no generics, you could use ArrayList (or Hashtable or any other class of the System.Collections), but you have to cast the objects types when u take then from the collection. Hope this helps, somehow...

#20389 FreeRTOS

Posted by Firegun on 08 November 2011 - 07:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ha, I wonder if it should be 47923200 on the Netduino firmware, because the Netduino seems to have an 12 second per day time drift (give or take) but it's remarkably repeatable :).

I can´t tell if the problem resides there, I can tell that the code provided by Atmel for the sam7x512-ek (I know they don´t make boards with that chip) there is the following code (in the board.h):

/// Frequency of the board main oscillator.
#define BOARD_MAINOSC           18432000

/// Master clock frequency (when using board_lowlevel.c).
#define BOARD_MCK               48000000

If the 47923200 is the right value, maybe even Atmel is missing that one :P

#19704 Modbus

Posted by Firegun on 24 October 2011 - 03:53 PM in General Discussion

First question: are you in a hurry? I.e. could you consider thinking on within one month?

No, I´m not in a hurry, we still planning on do that, checking if it will be a good idea to do it that way... but why? you made me curious :D

I'd seriously consider some kind of watchdog, independent to the Netduino itself. It could be a simple monostable circuit (NE555 o similar), that must be cyclically reset, otherwise will reset the whole board.

I´ve liked this idea, good one :)

Moreover, if the safety of the served system is an issue, you should provide some way to "neutralize" a strange behavior of the Netduino. You may do it providing some hardware trick protecting from a Netduino driving crazy. For instance, if you were a heater and the Netduino will hang with the heater on, a safety trick would be detaching automatically the heater when it's on for a longer period.

Here we will do it the right way, with an emergency button that will shut things down in a "hardware" manner, avoiding any possible craziness from the software :P

#19542 Support for UDP multicast/boardcast?

Posted by Firegun on 21 October 2011 - 03:14 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You're looking for broadcast UDP? You should be able to do most/all UDP via the standard firmware.

I believe that Pascal posted something about enabling broadcast UDP. If that's interesting, we could enable that in v4.1.1 pretty easily.

Chris

+1, hope to see it on the 4.2, and the 4.2 SDK!

#19541 Modbus

Posted by Firegun on 21 October 2011 - 03:09 PM in General Discussion

The TCP should going fine: is supported, and the Modubus/TCP is a well-known standard (de-facto).

Yeah, I´ve noted this after a bit more research...

About industrial env...
Well, the N is not targeted to work in industrial environments, but it also depends on what you mean...if you are looking for temperature range, certifications and whatever else, I guess Netduino is NOT the right choice.
On the other side, if the reliability is not a primary issue, and you are going to use a Netduino along some other good hardware (spikes protection, isolated I/O, etc), maybe could fit.

I´m not expecting a very heavy env, we planning in automate a lime mixer, there is no much to do (control 2 servos and watch 2 potentiometers, maybe 3), but they want to be able to control it in place and from distance, that´s why we´ve turned into Modbus idea, but it could be archived with another approach, just that Modbus is a standard way to do it.

My question on the industrial env is cause we can expect to have they running all days for long periods, it is much more cheaper then a CLP, and can do a great work on that project (I think at least). It will be inside a closed box and behind electrical protection for supply and I/Os for sure, it´s more a question on the durability, and stability I think. I don´t wanna then to be hanging after some hours of work, or need to change then after 6 months.

Looking at it´s components, I think the N+ don´t have much to be damaged (just by regular use), maybe the voltage regulators? Idk ... advises are vry welcome :)

#19430 Modbus

Posted by Firegun on 20 October 2011 - 11:15 AM in General Discussion

Hello guys, I´m entering in one new project that Modbus would be a realy nice plus. What I´ve imagined to do is try to implement it over UDP, witch would solve those timing problems, what u guys think about it? And other question, how would Netduino Plus behave in a industrial env? Would it last for at least 2 years, without problems? (considering it would be safe from energy spikes or stuff like that). Would the NModbus fit my intentions? Can it be used with .NET MF ?

#19095 NetduinoBlinkingLED (Native)

Posted by Firegun on 13 October 2011 - 01:20 AM in Project Showcase

I thought we need $6000.00 tool to compile native code. What exact hardware and software is required to do this? Can someone please provide a bulleted list?

I´ve used the code provided here in this post, and even code from the Atmel website for the at91sam7x-ek (where this code comes from), and free software, I see some ppl using Eclipse for IDE, I prefer Netbeans, this don´t rly cares, the compiler I´ve used Yagarto, Illishar used CodeSourcery Lite, both are free compilers. I think the damn expensive compiler are for super optimized compiling, but I´m a noob on all this... take Stefan comment as a solid advise ^^

You need the expensive tool if you want to fit netduino plus firmware onto the netduino plus, which you asked about. You don't need it for the "regular" netduino, which he uses. Illishar already detailed the software you need, hardware, is, well ...

• A computer
  • A netduino
  • A USB cable
  • A piece of wire

Yeah, pretty much, the only thing I think may need a bit of clarification is on the "reset" process... you don´t need any special hardware, when u put 3.3v on the reset pad, and restart the netduino, it will boot from it´s ROM and u will be able to use the SAM-BA software to upload the native code then. You will not be able to do that before u use the reset pad.

I had another problem I think most of ppl will not have, but maybe some1 can be having that too, the Lego Mindstorms NXT uses a pretty similar CPU then the Netduino, I had some driver installed (phanton driver I belive) on my PC for it, and when I´ve used the reset, my PC recognized the Netduino as "NXT Firmware Update Mode", I had to uninstall the driver before I could use the SAM-BA.

#19088 NetduinoBlinkingLED (Native)

Posted by Firegun on 12 October 2011 - 09:04 PM in Project Showcase

Awesome! It rly made me feel like I rly can archive my dreams on native coding :) Bro, do you have done more on this effort? I´ve been experimenting with the samples provided for the at91sam7x-ek and thinking we (netduino community) should not overlook this other aspect of this great toy :), I saw in the sources the files that defines the addresses of the at91sam7x-ek board stuff. Couldn´t we get a netduino-plus one? I`m working in this possibility, idk if I was able to explain well what I´m doing (sorry for my english too), but I rly want to get some kind of organized code for native projects, using the at91lib (other question, what version u working? the 1.5 one?). Btw, as I sad in other post, I´m using netbeans and yagarto to get it working :)

#19015 Netduino Plus / AT91SAM7X-EK compatibility

Posted by Firegun on 11 October 2011 - 12:15 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello guys, I started to work on native code projects and wanna to know if some1 is doing any kind of porting for the board definitions in the sample codes supplied by Atmel? What I mean is, there are some files that describe the I/Os and other things on the board (I´m not that experienced with embedded dev, so I´m finding lot of stuff everyday), there are files for the at91sam7x-ek, and you can compile then to use the same CPU then netduino... but wouldn´t be nice to have those files adjusted to be used with the netduino boards? Probly the developers at Secret Labs had to do that or something similar to get the .NET going, the tinyCLR part, I belive. There is somewhere I could find those info needed to define the correct constants to be used in a "Native Code Template Project"? Or it´s like Francoledu sad, I would have to figure that out by myself? Other then that I would like to share one bit of info I found out interesting, the Lego Mindstorms NXT, witch also had the source code publish now, uses the at91sam7x256 as the main processor... idk how that could help, but it´s another source of info :) Regards

#19001 FreeRTOS

Posted by Firegun on 10 October 2011 - 04:13 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello guys, I´m joining the native initiative! I´m not an expert in embedded dev, I´m a web/desktop programmer that loves robotics and digital electronics, not that I´m experienced on those, but I´m one of those ppl that love to learn new things and go for it. I wanna left a bit of my feeling in the "get native" quest: - I´m having lot of troubles to find all that I would need to get started building native applications in one point. I had to look a bit in the forums, figure a bit by myself, talk to a friend, finaly find resources for the at91sam7x-ek. It´s a bit ok, toked a long time to find lot of stuff... Suggestion: Let´s do what guys had suggested, open a new section on forum for native/other solutions to the netduino, and start to get topics like this one moved there. Make specific posts to how to flash the board, no let a awsome video buried on other topic about other stuff. - I don´t like the Eclipse IDE, I prefer the Netbeans, and seems I was able to get it working with the YAGARTO, I say seems cause I still didn´t uploaded the code to the board and tested it, but code got compiled. For any1 wanting to know if they could use other env then the above mentioned (this prob could work with the Sourcery too, I didn´t tested it, yet). There is any news on running the FreeRTOS/Network/SD on Netduino? Some1 have tried uClinux or other uC OS? Some1 else doing something on native mode? :) Or wanting to get started? I rly wanna to learn with the experts I know are around and willing to share what I´ve learned so far!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.