Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

VincentA's Content

There have been 31 items by VincentA (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7570 Wild idea for a group project

Posted by VincentA on 13 January 2011 - 12:22 PM in General Discussion

my point is that I think an ND+ could (should?) play the role of the server. I do agree that most of the ND+ should be as bare bones as possible, so blinking an LED is a great starting point.

I belive this can be done. In the given case we will need to rely on javascript for most of the operations and we will need to write the incomings to a file on SD card. I know this will re really really slow but doable.

Anybody wants to work on a small flat file db for ND? I dont think we can port sqlite to ND.

Vincent

#7511 Wild idea for a group project

Posted by VincentA on 12 January 2011 - 02:01 PM in General Discussion

My concern with your link is that it involves using an extra server to store and pass data that is not an netduino -- i think we should keep it as purely about the netduino plus as possible.

Hey Bill,

Actually we will need a server anyway to list down all the ND+ devices ( I dont think a p2p network is feasible option). So what we can do is ,retrieve list of all ND+ and then connect then using sockets. But then nobody can predict if multiple ND+ are connected to one device and one trying to turn LED and other is trying to turn it off. I know this isnt much practicle. but just a thought...

Vincent

#7505 Wild idea for a group project

Posted by VincentA on 12 January 2011 - 11:04 AM in General Discussion

That is cool -- i think for this project, that might be cheating -- I think we'd need to get an ND+ playing the role of Yaler.

I have'mentioned in the my previous reply, we can get the led params from the link. So why do we even need the firewall stuff??
I am realy busy this week so I guess I'll have to wait couple of days more to get hands on..

Vincent

#7504 Wild idea for a group project

Posted by VincentA on 12 January 2011 - 11:00 AM in General Discussion

What about having a distributed file server?
Let's say every one have it's own content on the microSD.
Somebody request a file (let's use the webserver for example) and if the content is not on the local storage then
search is any other connected netduino have it, then either redirect the request to that one or
(not so good as thing to do) download it locally and serve it.

Kind of a Clouduino :)

PS We'll need a centralised server to keep list of connected clouduino servers

You mean to say ndeer 2 ndeer stuff!!! (sorta peer2peer)

#7409 Remote heating regulation

Posted by VincentA on 10 January 2011 - 11:38 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I see. But he wants to charge 200 USD !?!?!? to ship to Europe. I guess there must be something wrong with his paypal setup. Is there another way I could use the DS temperature sensor I ordered?

I just checked out!! its funny, Product costs ~$8 and shipping costs $200... :blink: :blink: :blink: who would buy it outside US ?

#7404 Wild idea for a group project

Posted by VincentA on 10 January 2011 - 08:41 AM in General Discussion

Cool Idea! I'll give it a try on this weekend. TO get this done what we will need is 1.On ND+ send a ping to server every ~1-2 seconds. (Just call a url with get params or consume webservice) 2.If you have external IP address then server will pick up IP address from headers and will plot it on gmap using IP2Location service. 3.If you dont have an external IP then get Lat and long from google and send it in url So we will have a ND+ plotter!!! Now to control the led we can make a random LED blinker. from the URL called get your LED status and blink the LED. Also we can customize it a bit and let the names of ND+ owners show on the gmap!!! How does this one sounds? Vincent

#6968 Streaming Video

Posted by VincentA on 04 January 2011 - 08:58 AM in General Discussion

Hi James, So what are you going to use at the other end to display video? TV/Monitor or some sort of modded LCD display? Vincent

#6916 Streaming Video

Posted by VincentA on 03 January 2011 - 04:39 PM in General Discussion

Can we not use camera like this and probably send the signal direct to LCD with rca or PC ???

#6912 Sparkfun PIR motion sensor

Posted by VincentA on 03 January 2011 - 02:55 PM in Project Showcase

I just got PIR motion sensor from sparkfun and decided to give it a try right away. so heres result

Connection diagram by Jorge-EE :

Posted Image

RingTonePlayer by Hari + OZ-Solutions

And heres complete code Attached File  Motion_Sensor.zip   69.98KB   209 downloads

Enjoy!
Vincent

#6826 OZ-Solutions - Sheet Music

Posted by VincentA on 02 January 2011 - 07:48 AM in Project Showcase

this one worked really nice!!! Thanks Omar! heres few other tunes http://www.ez4mobile...atone/rtttf.htm My favorite is "Knight Rider"

#6782 SparkFun TMP102 Digital Temperature Sensor

Posted by VincentA on 01 January 2011 - 09:47 AM in Project Showcase

Hey rwinscot, I just got one of those. Your stuff works! thanks mate! Vincent

#6635 Schematic files

Posted by VincentA on 29 December 2010 - 06:44 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hey Kenny,

FYI :

Chris said in this post the schematic is 4 layered so it isnt possible with free eagle version to handle 4 layers.

Vincent

#6634 Production units

Posted by VincentA on 29 December 2010 - 06:37 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

... Except the Netduino Mini doesn't have any ethernet capabilities of its own, so you'll also have to implement circuitry for a Wiznet chip and accept a performance hit.

For the current builds I havent used any ethernet capability so it doesnt make any difference.

Interesting, why do you think the performance will have a hit if circurtary for a wiznet chip is implemented?

Vincent

#6606 Deployment Problem

Posted by VincentA on 28 December 2010 - 04:41 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I couldnt reproduce this issue. But I've got similar error after previous incident but then simply reconnection netduino and restarting visual studio solved my problems. It happens randomly (might be because I am mostly playing with analog devices?) Vincent

#6605 Production units

Posted by VincentA on 28 December 2010 - 03:12 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Actually I want to make few copies for myself and few for friends. So the total count goes around 15. I am looking out for creating a custom board. Is there any plan to make eagle schema available? Due to the difficulty in customizing existing layout I guess I'll have to go for netduino mini. Right? Regards Vincent

#6579 Production units

Posted by VincentA on 27 December 2010 - 06:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello guys, I've got my project done and want to make multiple copies of it. So to experienced guy, what should be my next step? can anybody please point me to useful thread? PS: I did try to search over forum but what I got is http://forums.netdui...h&fromMainBar=1 Any help is really appreciated. Regards Vincent

#6578 Deployment Problem

Posted by VincentA on 27 December 2010 - 06:29 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Sol 2 solved my problem. Could you please elaborate on the issue? why does this happens?

#6530 Deployment Problem

Posted by VincentA on 26 December 2010 - 01:15 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Today in the morning with fresh mind I wanted to continue with the project I left yesterday. But when I tried to burn my app its just stuck at "Deployment started...." ------ Build started: Project: NetduinoApplication1, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ NetduinoApplication1 -> C:\Users\......\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\NetduinoApplication1\bin\Debug\NetduinoApplication1.exe ------ Deploy started: Project: NetduinoApplication1, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ Any Idea what went wrong or my netduino fried up somehow? It was working perfectly all right.. Any clues? (I tried to 1. Restart Machine and deploy 2. Remove and plug in usb again and deploy but it didnt work) Vincent

#6327 Netduino Plus - First impressions from a beginner

Posted by VincentA on 21 December 2010 - 04:54 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

it works!!! pretty cool!!!

#5943 In the Beginning....

Posted by VincentA on 09 December 2010 - 05:06 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

For some of the members like me, it wouldnt be possible to be present at such meets. How about sharing cuts and pieces here? Vincent

#5641 Out of stock??

Posted by VincentA on 02 December 2010 - 04:07 PM in General Discussion

proto-advantage is accepting backorders till 3rd December check it out http://www.proto-adv...tduino_plus.php

#5640 Boosting this community with a Wiki capability

Posted by VincentA on 02 December 2010 - 04:03 PM in General Discussion

did any one tried out avrfreaks.net ? In my opinion its really easy to use and find out projects. Can we have something like avrfreaks instead of a simple forum to post projects? Vincent

#5522 Status Check

Posted by VincentA on 30 November 2010 - 08:11 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I've back ordered from Proto-Advantage on 17th Nov. Hope to get one soon!!

#5167 Ultrasonic Transducer

Posted by VincentA on 22 November 2010 - 04:38 AM in General Discussion

hey Bill, thanks! Actually I want to have a motion sensor but If i can get a range finder with it as well its a plus,thats why I started to look out for ultrasonic transducers. My basic ideas is to mount the transducers on a wall and then start checking out the distance every 200-300 mc and if i find any deviation in readings then obviously theres something moving out there. The PIR sensor from parallax or others might be really easy to use but i was thinking if needed i can take out these transducers and use to make a range finder or obstacle finder(for robots) so it kinda serves multiple purposes thats why I am more attracted to ultrasonic transducers. But as per my digging I havent found out project with really nice results but anyways I can make an simple obstacle finder for my autobot :P Corey mentioned that he hasnt been successful to get good results... So I think i will start a little project as well to check out if i can do something better. Vincent

#5134 Ultrasonic Transducer

Posted by VincentA on 21 November 2010 - 05:38 PM in General Discussion

Thanks Charles! After a bit of digging i found out couple of nice articles.
Thisone is a pic range finding project. I think what i need to do is continuously measure distance and once I get any deviation raise the motion detected event.

This one is also nice. Once the idea behind is understood its much easy to port to achieve desired result.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.