Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

John's Content

There have been 3 items by John (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#179 DMX netduino

Posted by John on 09 August 2010 - 09:22 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks everyone! I didn't realize that they actually have a document stating all the protocol for DMX 512. I went ahead and bought an electronic copy. Hopefully, I can understand it.

#158 DMX netduino

Posted by John on 09 August 2010 - 04:39 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

It's not going to be a stage lighting like you normally think of. It's actually going to be a fountain (http://mad-laborator...-stepper-motor/). I've been working on this project for too long, and am finally getting to the control part of it. I really want to be able to sync up the music and the fountain to "make it dance" so to speak. Ultimately I'm planning on getting a whole bunch of these installed in my yard. But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I understand that DMX basically sends out an address and a value. If the slave device has been called then it looks at the value and act accordingly. Can a dmx device control two different devices? i.e. Can the netduino control the stepper and LED at the same time?

#140 DMX netduino

Posted by John on 08 August 2010 - 10:24 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I've played around with microcontollers here and there, but now I have a project that I must work out. I'm trying to figure out the best way to tackle this new project. What my goal is to control a high powered LED and stepper motor using DMX-512. I'm not sure how to approach this but I could use some help getting pointed in the right direction. Is the netduino a good choice or is there something that would be better.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.