Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

ninoq's Content

There have been 5 items by ninoq (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#51242 Netduino Plus 2 OneWire DS18B20 on 4.2

Posted by ninoq on 09 July 2013 - 05:21 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I realised soon after posting my initial reply that it was in the wrong forum as I'm using a Netduino Mini not a Plus 2.  I have posted a topic in the Netduino Mini forum.  Apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

#51191 Netduino Mini-OneWire-DS18B20-NETMF4.2

Posted by ninoq on 08 July 2013 - 06:45 AM in Netduino Mini

The most relevant thread I could find was: http://forums.netdui...-onewire-alpha/ In reply #145 (21 Feb 2013 pg. 8) CW2 states:

OneWire implementation for .NET MF 4.2 with the necessary modifications and fixes to make it work on Netduino/Mini/Plus (Gen. 1 boards) is now being evaluated and possibly integrated into the official firmware by Secret Labs.

It now seems a decision was made not to include OneWire support in NETMF 4.2 for the Netduino Mini.  

Apart from native code, I'm not clear on what options there are for using a Mini to read OneWire devices.

#51173 Netduino Plus 2 OneWire DS18B20 on 4.2

Posted by ninoq on 07 July 2013 - 11:05 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

OneWire capability is apparently not included in the Mini's firmware which would explain the exception.

#51170 Netduino Mini-OneWire-DS18B20-NETMF4.2

Posted by ninoq on 07 July 2013 - 08:32 AM in Netduino Mini

I have replied to a post in another forum at this site.  I now think that perhaps it would have been more appropriate to have posted in this forum. I'm trying to use a Netuino Mini to read a DS18B20 temperature probe. The Mini has NETMF 4.2 and I'm using code posted at: http://forums.netdui...-ds18b20-on-42/ The reply mentioned above can also be found there. When I try running the code it fails with the following exception report at the first OneWire method encountered:

A first chance exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in MyApp.exe

Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated

#51161 Netduino Plus 2 OneWire DS18B20 on 4.2

Posted by ninoq on 07 July 2013 - 02:55 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm trying to run the code posted by andro on a Netduino Mini which according to MFDeploy has:

ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.2.0.0 ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo:   Netduino Mini (v4.2.0.1) by Secret Labs LLC ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion:   4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Mini (v4.2.0.1) by Secret Labs LLC SoftwareVersion.BuildDate:   Sep 19 2012 SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion:   410894

I've made one change so that the OneWire port is allocated to pin 5:

OneWire oneWire = new OneWire(new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_5, false));

When I try to to run the code it fails at the line:

if (oneWire.TouchReset() > 0)

and the output is:

"A first chance exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in MyApp.exe"

which seems to indicate that the TouchReset() method is unavailable. I'm not sure what to do next- hope someone can help.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.