Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

karthick's Content

There have been 12 items by karthick (Search limited from 19-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#18423 Communication between Two Netduino's

Posted by karthick on 26 September 2011 - 09:37 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

It's one of the things where, if you don't know how to approach it, you probably don't want to be doing it (because it'll cost you too much time). It's not inside the "normal" use case of a netduino - you'd need to take the source of the firmware, add the required functionality there, compile it and overwrite the firmware on your netduino with your custom one.

hi stefan,

I left I2C and now trying trying to connect 2 netduino to one netduino using RS232 as it has two serial port pins.....Anyway thanks for your reply.....

#18402 Master/Slave Connection with Netduino's?

Posted by karthick on 25 September 2011 - 04:02 PM in General Discussion

I don't think Netduino/MF supports the I2C slave mode.
The most simple, yet reliable way to exchange data between two (or more) Netduinos are using the UART. Until you don't use the RS232, you may wire the two boards without any additional hardware.
Supposing to use the COM1 on both the Netduinos, wire the I/O #0 of the first board to the I/O #1 of the second one. The other wire is the complementary.
Cheers

Hi Mario

Thanks for the valuable information... i will Try this and hope i get through this problem....

#18396 Master/Slave Connection with Netduino's?

Posted by karthick on 25 September 2011 - 11:33 AM in General Discussion

Hi Master/Slave connection....is this possible? i have been trying to connect two netduino's using I2c Bus ... i couldn't achieve it... Any suggestions pls.....

#18395 Communication between Two Netduino's

Posted by karthick on 25 September 2011 - 11:09 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The Netduino microcontroller supports only Master mode, so you'd need to implement I2C slave in software (i.e. write native C/C++ driver, due to precise timing requirements that cannot be achieved in managed code).

At the moment, the only interface available to connect two Netduinos is SerialPort (SPI slave is not supported in the current version of .NET Micro Framework).

Hi CW2

Thanks for the reply..... I am a new to programming world.... Can you please give a outline of what to do to implement I2C slave in software...

#18394 Need Documentation for Netduino(SDK)

Posted by karthick on 25 September 2011 - 10:45 AM in General Discussion

thanks for helping .....

#18383 Communication between Two Netduino's

Posted by karthick on 24 September 2011 - 10:51 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi to all I am trying to establish Master and Slave Connection Between two netduino's with the help of I2C bus.....i have struck at addressing the Netduino...can anyone guide me? Thanks in advance

#18381 Need Documentation for Netduino(SDK)

Posted by karthick on 24 September 2011 - 10:07 PM in General Discussion

i am also struggling to code Netduino without Documentation... I have to look for forum members project code to learn....But that is not enough if you want to try new..... Can somebody Help in this????

#18331 Need Documentation for Netduino(SDK)

Posted by karthick on 22 September 2011 - 02:23 PM in General Discussion

Hi all can anyone help me to find documentation for netduino(sdk) please...?

#18077 NightRider with pcf8574 portexpanders

Posted by karthick on 16 September 2011 - 11:04 AM in Project Showcase

can you tell me how to address the device?... you have addressed the pcf8574 as 0x20 and 0x21.... thanks in advance...

#16627 How to Connect Two netduino's and transmit data's

Posted by karthick on 11 August 2011 - 01:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I’ll take a crack at it. There are four ports to control servos, so you don’t really have to use two Netduinos unless you just want to. Here someone has a single Netduino set up with four (pins 5,6, 9 and 10). It is a little difficult seeing where the wires go from the video, but if you’ve already successfully got one working, you should be fine. Also, note the Netduino can’t supply the servos enough power if they’re under any kind of load. (Warning: It could screw up your Netduino) Here another avid user has found a board to control eight with one Netduino. Hopefully, Stefan will reply… he’ll know how to power them from a separate power supply to keep your Netduino healthy if the little board doesn’t do it already.

Thanks for your response.....But I am planning to establish a communication between two Netduino's ...If i got it working then it will be easier to connect more servos....

Once again thanks

#16491 How to Connect Two netduino's and transmit data's

Posted by karthick on 08 August 2011 - 06:11 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi I am a beginner ....i am able to run a servo motor with netduino plus....Now i am thinking of running 4 servo motors with 2 netduino plus ..... Can anyone suggest me the steps ..... Thanks in advance

#16081 Which cable is best to Connect two Netduino's

Posted by karthick on 30 July 2011 - 05:00 PM in Netduino Mini

Hi I am a new user of Micro controllers (netduino).... I learned that I2C bus is the best option.... Can someone help me with basic instruction to connect netduino's with code (an example) .. that would be helpful for me... Thanks

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.