Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Eduardo's Content

There have been 22 items by Eduardo (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#20102 Nokia LCD + Arduino Ethernet Shield not working (together)

Posted by Eduardo on 02 November 2011 - 01:56 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello Arron Chapman, I thought it would not be necessary to ethernet shield, so I just changed the code. Anyway I tried different combinations with the lcd, changing cables and code but without success. Does the lcd and arduino ethernet shield can not work together at the same time? Is there a way to turn off the LCD when the shield is working and vice versa?

#19941 Nokia LCD + Arduino Ethernet Shield not working (together)

Posted by Eduardo on 28 October 2011 - 09:54 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm a little lost, in the LCD driver the following pins are used:

public Nokia_5110()
        {
            this.configNokia_5110(true, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D7, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D8);            
        }

public void configNokia_5110(bool useBacklight, Cpu.Pin latch = Pins.GPIO_PIN_D3, Cpu.Pin backlight = Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9,
            Cpu.Pin reset = Pins.GPIO_PIN_D7, Cpu.Pin dataCommand = Pins.GPIO_PIN_D4)
        {

Then i tested the arduino ethernet shield in 5, 6 and 12:

SecretLabs.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100 wiznet = new SecretLabs.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100(SPI.SPI_module.SPI1, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D12);

But still giving error, anyone know what I should change?

#19922 Nokia LCD + Arduino Ethernet Shield not working (together)

Posted by Eduardo on 28 October 2011 - 12:23 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello Stefan, initially both were in Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10 (standard in the examples for lcd and ethernet shield). I changed the lcd for Pins.GPIO_PIN_D6, then the above error occurred. Later I will change in arduino ethernet shield to see what happens.

#19892 Nokia LCD + Arduino Ethernet Shield not working (together)

Posted by Eduardo on 27 October 2011 - 10:27 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello Stefan W., thanks for the reply, I changed the Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10 by Pins.GPIO_PIN_D6 (Board and code for lcd) but still no success, just remember that the LCD is the first initializing, see the error:

#### Exception System.InvalidOperationException - CLR_E_INVALID_OPERATION (3) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Port::ReservePin [IP: 0000] ####
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SPI::.ctor [IP: 0022] ####
    #### SecretLabs.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100::.ctor [IP: 0081] ####
    #### SecretLabs.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100::.ctor [IP: 0007] ####
    #### dotNetMicroValidacao.lib.NetWork::callWebService [IP: 0008] ####
    #### dotNetMicroValidacao.lib.ID_12::SPort_DataReceived [IP: 0106] ####
    #### System.IO.Ports.SerialPort::DataEventHandler [IP: 0012] ####
A first chance exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll
ERRO callWebService
Exception was thrown: System.InvalidOperationException
Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Port::ReservePin
Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SPI::.ctor
SecretLabs.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100::.ctor
SecretLabs.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100::.ctor
dotNetMicroValidacao.lib.NetWork::callWebService
dotNetMicroValidacao.lib.ID_12::SPort_DataReceived
System.IO.Ports.SerialPort::DataEventHandler

Anyone ever had this problem, even with different hardware?

#19829 Nokia LCD + Arduino Ethernet Shield not working (together)

Posted by Eduardo on 26 October 2011 - 10:48 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello everyone,

The LCD works perfectly with my RFID ID-12, and arduino network works perfectly with RFID ID-12, but when I try to use all together, or just the LCD and the arduino network, error occurs in:

SecretLabs.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100 wiznet = new SecretLabs.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100(SPI.SPI_module.SPI1, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10);

I noticed that both use SPI.SPI_module.SPI1 and Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10, this could be causing this?

#19216 Problem with Arduino ethernet shield

Posted by Eduardo on 15 October 2011 - 03:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Finally got it! After trying many things (changing the router, cable, and code) I did the only thing left, weld the ISCP again, I do not know what was wrong the first time but now it worked. I would like to thank Hari for put me on track, Earthed and Chris Walker who made suggestions in the post.

#17958 Problem with Arduino ethernet shield

Posted by Eduardo on 14 September 2011 - 01:21 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Attaching the ISCP from netduino to the ethernet shield made me take a step forward, but still can not make a ping, when I ping the light of the ethernet shield RX flashes, but received no response. For this test I used the program from klotz MyFirstWebPage (I reach the code "listenSocket.Listen(1);"), also tried all the mac address indicated by Chris Walker. I'm out of ideas to continue, someone has gone through this?

#17775 Problem with Arduino ethernet shield

Posted by Eduardo on 08 September 2011 - 06:17 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Reading this post I believe I have found the problem, according to the words of hari:

"You are using the new (revised) Arduino Ethernet Shield. You see those 6 odd headers on the bottom? They need to attach to pins on the Netduino. If you solder a 3x2 "ICSP" header onto your Netduino, you should be good to go. Otherwise, you will not get any response from the shield. Very few shield ever require these optional pins--but that one does."

I'll try to solder the pins of the two plates today. I return to report the result.

#17460 Problem with Arduino ethernet shield

Posted by Eduardo on 02 September 2011 - 09:26 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello Chris Walker, this is my shield, I redo the test with Netduino on energy, apparently nothing has changed, with or without the power network and ON LEDs are connected, is it really necessary that I keep the card linked directly to energy ?

I pressed the pause and it appears in different parts of the routine
private byte ReadRegister(UInt16 address)
in class Wiznet5100, as if in a loop.

Hi Earthed, i think my shield work because he is in the driver topic;

#17414 Problem with Arduino ethernet shield

Posted by Eduardo on 01 September 2011 - 11:38 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Could someone help me find where I am wrong?
I connected the shield in netduino, and the shield to my laptop (or router), but the program, in debug, reach the first line:

SecretLabs.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100 wiznet = new SecretLabs.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100(SPI.SPI_module.SPI1, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10);

but does not reach the second:

NetworkInterface networkInterface = NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()[0];

Project attached.

Attached Files

#17297 Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

Posted by Eduardo on 31 August 2011 - 12:23 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Could someone help me find where I am wrong?
I connected the shield in netduino, and the shield to my laptop, but the program, in debug, reach the first line:

but does not reach the second:

NetworkInterface networkInterface = NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()[0];

Project attached.

Attached Files

#15634 LCD Help needed, 16x2s are boring

Posted by Eduardo on 18 July 2011 - 12:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

*** OFF TOPIC ***
Eduardo, what it means your signature?...I understand only "The heart..."
Sound interesting!
Cheers

Hello Mario,

It is one of the most famous quotes by Blaise Pascal (Pensées book), I think in English would be something like
"The heart has reasons that reason cannot know."

#15625 LCD Help needed, 16x2s are boring

Posted by Eduardo on 18 July 2011 - 11:44 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The image gives a 404 here? :P

My fault, now is ok. B)

#15550 LCD Help needed, 16x2s are boring

Posted by Eduardo on 16 July 2011 - 05:26 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

http://wiki.netduino...hx?NoRedirect=1

Thanks again, and sorry for the quality of the image. ;)

Posted Image

#15491 LCD Help needed, 16x2s are boring

Posted by Eduardo on 14 July 2011 - 10:07 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Stefan you were much faster than I could wish, :o

#15416 Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

Posted by Eduardo on 13 July 2011 - 01:02 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hello Stefan, saving my life again, as you may have noticed I have asked questions in relation to RFID and LCD, if I connect the network card in netduino how I should connect the other components?

#15415 LCD Help needed, 16x2s are boring

Posted by Eduardo on 13 July 2011 - 12:58 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello Stefan, thanks again for the help, I'll wait then.

#15390 Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

Posted by Eduardo on 12 July 2011 - 10:06 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hello, I do not understand electronics and I'm starting with the development of netduino, I wonder if someone could tell me how to connect the Arduino Ethernet Shield in netduino with this breadboard.

#15388 LCD Help needed, 16x2s are boring

Posted by Eduardo on 12 July 2011 - 09:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello, I do not understand electronics and I’m starting with the development for netduino, I would like to know if you could tell me how to connect the LCD Nokia 5110 on the netduino with this breadboard.

#15081 Beginners Questions

Posted by Eduardo on 05 July 2011 - 05:36 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Stefan thank you for answers, I think I will initially work with the lcd and the rfid, when these two are working, I decide which one to buy, the Netduino Plus or one of these shields.

#15045 Beginners Questions

Posted by Eduardo on 05 July 2011 - 12:27 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello everyone and thank you for the answer, seems everything can be used together.
Stefan the protocol could be TCP.

One more thing, I thought that RFID and this LCD, what should I buy for the network?
What is necessary for everything to work together?

#15016 Beginners Questions

Posted by Eduardo on 05 July 2011 - 12:39 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello everyone, I wonder if it's possible to have the in the same netduino, network, RFID and LCD components. I am a beginner and would like to do a project where the RFID send a message over the network, then receive a response that would be displayed.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.