Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Solidus's Content

There have been 12 items by Solidus (Search limited from 17-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12773 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by Solidus on 03 May 2011 - 03:18 AM in General Discussion

Hells yes I want a shield.

#10584 Microsoft.SPOT.Reflection.Serialize() / Deserialize() throws System.NotImplem...

Posted by Solidus on 05 March 2011 - 12:18 PM in General Discussion

Tangentially related to the current discussion, but I have a new project which requires Serialization (currently uses System.Reflection), so looking forward to seeing how you guys go :)

#956 JIT support in TinyCLR?

Posted by Solidus on 21 August 2010 - 07:35 AM in General Discussion

I imagine that in the future it'd be supported as more beefy architectures become available. Who knows, maybe the NETMF team is working on a JIT that balances the desire for faster execution with the inherent constraints of embedded systems.

#813 Reading Serial Connection

Posted by Solidus on 18 August 2010 - 11:30 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Edit: never mind.

#626 Power... Math power!

Posted by Solidus on 16 August 2010 - 11:39 PM in General Discussion

Quick question:

.NET Micro Framework has some great math functions built in, but they are designed for low-power MCUs (so some of them are not as high of precision as their desktop counterparts).

There are .NET MF source code samples out there of high-precision functions. Would you all be interested in an open source high-precision math library. If so, any math experts want to volunteer to help with the implementation? The Netduino hardware can certainly support it.

Chris

I would certainly be interested - FFT needs it :D

#580 LCD

Posted by Solidus on 16 August 2010 - 12:02 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Will these be supported by Netduino?

Probably not in the Netduino SDK itself. You'd either have to wait for someone to bring out a library/assembly or have a crack at writing one yourself.

#556 OZ-Framework

Posted by Solidus on 16 August 2010 - 06:18 AM in Project Showcase

I'd be careful just sending in a pin to an object. If someone tries to instantiate two of your Digital_Write objects with the same pin and inside of each of those Digital_Write objects they in turn try to both instantiate an OutputPort with that pin it will toss some very unhappy errors. It's almost safer to just pass in an OutputPort that's already been tied to a pin. Both Digital_Write objects could have a reference to the single OutputPort and everything will be honkeydorey. Just a fyi.

This would be a good idea to implement in the Netduino API. CreatePort or something. First call is instantiation, second is returning the reference. Just a thought.

#551 List

Posted by Solidus on 16 August 2010 - 05:29 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

can I make a list of Cpu.Pin?

I don't see why not. Store them in an ArrayList and cast them on extraction.

#549 List

Posted by Solidus on 16 August 2010 - 05:19 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

What happened to the List<object>? Why wouldn't you have that? Its very useful.

There is a list.

Edit: oh, you meant generics. Short answer: it's not possible yet.

Edit 2: Check this out

Programming Languages: C#. Other programming languages are not supported. Supports v1.1. CLI ECMA standard, with the exception of the native pointer types and relative conversions. Because generics were introduced in CLI v2.0, the .NET Micro Framework does not support them.

#415 REPRAP

Posted by Solidus on 14 August 2010 - 11:40 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I imagine it'd require a fair bit of remodelling. Not only do you have the linguistic difference between C# and Java, but the underlying libraries would need the treatment too. That said, RepRap.NET would be awesome :P

#328 Ethernet Shield from nuelectronics

Posted by Solidus on 13 August 2010 - 01:30 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see what the problem is. For example I'm currently porting an Arduino library that interfaces with the DS1309 RTC by using an instance of Mcrosoft.SPOT.Hardware.I2CDevice to talk to it. Still waiting on my board to arrive ... but the problem is?

#278 Libraries, Drivers and Shields

Posted by Solidus on 11 August 2010 - 11:39 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

A git/svn repository to upload community-contributed drivers/demos/etc :P

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.