Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

JonnyBritish's Content

There have been 6 items by JonnyBritish (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#819 Parallax LCD test

Posted by JonnyBritish on 19 August 2010 - 03:38 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Cool! Can you snap any photos for us?

Here you go

Attached Thumbnails

• netduinoLCD.jpg

#500 Netduino on Channel 9

Posted by JonnyBritish on 15 August 2010 - 02:52 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Just saw this. Channel 9's Greg and Dan chat about Netduino on the Channel 9 weekly review...

http://channel9.msdn...P4-VS-Jeopardy/
[Netduino segment starts at 15:13]

Very nice segment. A big thank you to the folks at Channel 9.

Chris

Awesome will twitter

#499 Parallax LCD test

Posted by JonnyBritish on 15 August 2010 - 02:50 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Will do, being able to work in Visual Studio 2010 Express and be able to work with these boards is inspiring. In this case I had a 3 pin header which then went to the LCD. So I had the LCD header going into into a breadboard then 3 wires going to the Netduino.

#474 Parallax LCD test

Posted by JonnyBritish on 15 August 2010 - 05:11 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Not rocket science but tonight I hooked up a Parallax 2x16 character LCD and ran the code below to test and it worked.
Here is the LCD - Parallax LCD

And docs on the LCD - http://www.parallax....ialLCD-v2.1.pdf

using System;
using System.Text;
using System.Collections;
using System.IO.Ports;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;

namespace ParallaxLCDTest
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            byte[] bytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("Hello Netduino");

//instantiate the serial port connection                           
            SerialPort serialPort = new SerialPort("COM1", 2400, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);
            serialPort.Open();
            serialPort.Write(bytes, 0, 14);
        }
    }
}

Next thing would be to build a class that can send control characters as well but so far so good. Now I just wish I had bought the 4 line version :D

#189 Yet another supported shield question (GPS)

Posted by JonnyBritish on 10 August 2010 - 02:17 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

If you can add SD card support, an LCD and a few buttons to do Next, Previous and Select, you can build a geocaching tool where you load the coordinates of your next geocaching hunting trip. but then... if you can add a gps unit to netduino and an ethernet shield...well then you can write your own ntp server! wow the mind boggles at what you can build once you get into this arduino / netduino thing :D

#118 Unboxing: first impressions?

Posted by JonnyBritish on 08 August 2010 - 05:01 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Just curious...when you received and opened your Netduino, what were your first impressions?

Anything we can do better to improve the "unboxing" experience?

Chris

I received an email on thursday telling me about netduino and magically while reading the email my credit card jumped into my hand :-)

I ordered via amazon and it arrived friday. I could have waited and saved shipping costs but could not wait. The price is excellent and the board works well. Tried the first examples quickly. A colleague who saw this board and is new to microcontrollers could not believe how easy it is to use it with C#.

The packging is cool and sort of does not get you ready for the device itself. I loved the comment on the back like a small box.

This device makes me think..what can I build, oh and mine came with a cable.

Great stuff

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.