Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

SimonM's Content

There have been 10 items by SimonM (Search limited from 05-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#14991 leach power

Posted by SimonM on 04 July 2011 - 12:21 PM in General Discussion

Hi Crispin,
I'm confused by

current draw would be too high for it to run off batteries

Do you mean non rechargeable?

Myself I'd be tempted to look at a small cheap usb charger and modify it.
As you point out resistor dividers have issues not least being VERY wasteful when it comes to power. eg a 25w 10k resistor would be required to give 5v at 50mA. (a lot of power lost!)
I'd rip apart a switch mode 5v psu, and look at the chip set. They work by rectifying the mains, then using a high frequency oscillator to get the power through a step down transformer, to get the power conversion.
I'm sure I telling you some thing you already know: DC KILLS! That's my HSE and get out clause!
Yours Simon M.

#14973 Will some help me move from Arduino to Netduino

Posted by SimonM on 03 July 2011 - 05:57 PM in General Discussion

Thanks for the replies Guys, I'm slowly working through the listing(s) and I hadn't thought of the Wiki! Yours Simon M.

#14951 hooking up two tmp102 sensors using I2C

Posted by SimonM on 02 July 2011 - 09:54 PM in General Discussion

Sounds like you might have a bad sensor. Make sure your connections are only to the 3.3v and not the 5v. I use 1.6k pull up resistors to 5v on both I2C lines. It looks like you didn't post all of your code, I didn't see the contents of your Execute method. I have uploaded a sample project that uses my working code here. Double check your connections and try the project and let me know if it works.

Hi,
Looking at the photo, if you take ADD0 to either line on your bread board won't you take the SDA line with it as it is shorted on the breadboard?
Yours Simon m.

#14923 Netduino says hello

Posted by SimonM on 01 July 2011 - 04:01 PM in Project Showcase

Worst case, it would have to use one port for each bit of sound resolution

Maybe i'm getting confused here, but if you use a simple r2r network you will get 8 bits per port, and the upper end will be 1/2 as fast as the device can go, so higher frequency than any dog / whale can hear! Or am I wrong?

Yours Simon M.

#14918 Getting Started with the Internet of Things by Cuno Pfister

Posted by SimonM on 01 July 2011 - 11:47 AM in Visual Studio

After a bit of behind the scenes email exchange, all is as it should be. But to make it work you must add /hello to the url you typed in to your browser. e.g. on a local network, debug reports your boards IP as 192.168.x.xxx, type in to your URL bar 192.168.x.xxx/hello where x.xxx is the IP given to your board. if you have a key from http://www.gsiot.info/yaler, then type in http://try.yaler.net...xxxx-xxxx/hello where xxxx-xxxx is your key. Yours Simon M.

#14917 Will some help me move from Arduino to Netduino

Posted by SimonM on 01 July 2011 - 11:38 AM in General Discussion

I was so impressed with the Arduino I decided to try the .net environment. Gosh that was a step up! The Arduino is easy and simple to understand, and get projects off the ground quickly. When it comes to the .net / Netduino environment, I'm stumped! Something as simple as getting the device to talk to an I2C has me seriously confused. The more examples I look the more solutions there are. Has some one got a definitive 'how 2' they would like to share with me? Yours Simon M.

#14873 Getting Started with the Internet of Things by Cuno Pfister

Posted by SimonM on 29 June 2011 - 07:44 AM in Visual Studio

Hi Stanislaus What happens if you try running it on you network only? (remove the 'RelayDomain =' and 'RelaySecretKey =' lines) Yours Simon M.

#14788 Getting Started with the Internet of Things by Cuno Pfister

Posted by SimonM on 27 June 2011 - 06:41 PM in Visual Studio

Simon,

could you please post the result of MFDeploy's Device Capabilities command? That might be helpful.

Of course, I would also like to hear of others who tried out the server examples. Yaler traffic indicates that some readers successfully use servers based on the book examples, but I don't know much more than that.

Cuno

Thanks for the pointer Cuno.

Here it is...

HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.1.2821.0
HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Netduino Plus by Secret Labs LLC
HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 34
HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 177
HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 4097
HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: 00000000000000000000000000000000
HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: 0000000000000000
ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.1.2821.0
ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Netduino Plus by Secret Labs LLC
ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.1.2821.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.1.0.6
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Plus by Secret Labs LLC
SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Feb 14 2011
SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 400902
FloatingPoint: True
SourceLevelDebugging: True
ThreadCreateEx: True
LCD.Width: 0
LCD.Height: 0
LCD.BitsPerPixel: 0
AppDomains: True
ExceptionFilters: True
IncrementalDeployment: True
SoftReboot: True
Profiling: False
ProfilingAllocations: False
ProfilingCalls: False
IsUnknown: False

#14580 Getting started with the Internet of Things

Posted by SimonM on 22 June 2011 - 09:30 AM in Visual Studio

Hi Deeluxt, Can you debug the rawValue and report back, I also assume that the mid point voltage split is 1.32v from 0v and this is whilst it is connected? Yours Simon M.

#14579 Getting Started with the Internet of Things by Cuno Pfister

Posted by SimonM on 22 June 2011 - 09:16 AM in Visual Studio

Hi, is /has anyone else worked through this book yet? Although it is quite well written with good examples, and I have learnt quite a bit about the netduino plus, I can't get past chapter 10 with the 'Hello Web' example. Is there any one else out there with the same issue? Yours Simon M.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.