Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

AlfredBr's Content

There have been 21 items by AlfredBr (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53093 NGO to Gadgeteer module

Posted by AlfredBr on 08 October 2013 - 08:39 PM in Netduino Go

Chris,

Is there any update on this?  (Its possible I missed a thread  somewhere.

-Alfred

#40277 Updating to 4.2, another paper weight

Posted by AlfredBr on 27 November 2012 - 01:33 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Peter, I don't know you, but believe I've been you. I've been on the verge of giving up (unrelated to re-flashing) quite a few times and was about to give all my stuff away (you can check me on this...the forum entry is still on here somewhere...) I hope not to patronize you, but I do want to share with you that, in my experience, the breakthrough comes just as my frustration peaks. And when it comes, the feeling of relief is incredible! Take a day off from electronics and re-approach this later. What you are trying to do is tedious, but it is possible (and has been accomplished by me dozens of times...and I am no genius.) If you still are not successful on your own after a fresh approach, I will IM/chat with you and help you re-flash. I have an early NetduinoMini that needs a total re-flash. Let me practice upgrading that tomorrow night and if you are still interested I will step you through the process on Wednesday or Thursday. Does that work for you? NOTE: I have nothing to do with the Netduino company, but I have 5 Netduinos that I am very happy with. -AlfredBr

#39289 Introducing Netduino Plus 2

Posted by AlfredBr on 13 November 2012 - 09:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

No software updates yet, but we should have one by the end of next week.

Any possibility of a Gadgeteer Adapter library? (EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread...)

#38875 GoBus Breakout Module

Posted by AlfredBr on 09 November 2012 - 07:43 PM in Netduino Go

Awesome! Thanks! EDIT: Received them tonight! Thanks for getting them to me before the long weekend! Gonna be up late!

#38793 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by AlfredBr on 08 November 2012 - 09:10 PM in Netduino Go

This firmware includes the following updates:

2. Every GoPort LED is now PWM-enabled (PWM channels 0-7)

How do we do it?

#38758 Oscilloscope Tutorials?

Posted by AlfredBr on 08 November 2012 - 04:47 PM in General Discussion

http://afrotechmods....cope-tutorials/

#38700 Can you add two holes in a future 'Button Module 2.0" ?

Posted by AlfredBr on 08 November 2012 - 03:18 AM in Netduino Go

Can you add two holes in a future 'Button Module 2.0" where I could solder in my own headers (or wires) for my own (arcade style) buttons, so I can place the button more than 10cm from the mainboard? ;-)

#38698 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by AlfredBr on 08 November 2012 - 02:53 AM in Netduino Go

I get this:

Locating source for 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'. Checksum: MD5 {e5 85 7c 4b 3 ae bf 48 53 25 27 4c 59 33 b6 ff}
The file 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs' does not exist.
Looking in script documents for 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'...
Looking in the projects for 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'.
The file was not found in a project.
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\crt\src\'...
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\src\mfc\'...
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\src\atl\'...
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\'...
The debug source files settings for the active solution indicate that the debugger will not ask the user to find the file: C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs.
The debugger could not locate the source file 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'.

What (if anything) did I do wrong?

EDIT: Needs new Netduino SDK...once you update the Netduino SDK to 4.2.1 (get it from the downloads page) you are good-to-go!

#38668 Something new is brewing in the Secret Labs

Posted by AlfredBr on 07 November 2012 - 02:12 PM in General Discussion

If this thing has tons of GPIO/PWM's, can I just pre-order now? Please?!

#38627 Something new is brewing in the Secret Labs

Posted by AlfredBr on 06 November 2012 - 05:29 PM in General Discussion

I think we are in for a treat! My bet is on a total body transformation and clothes replicator module. But that's just a daft hunch...

Steve

Oooo...Clever!

#38563 Something new is brewing in the Secret Labs

Posted by AlfredBr on 05 November 2012 - 06:01 PM in General Discussion

U3RhbmlzbGF2IEh1c8OhciwgDQoNCkRvbid0IHNwb2lsIHRoZSBnYWchICBFZGl0IHlvdXIgcG9zdCB0byByZW1vdmUgdGhlIGhpbnQhDQoNClsgQXdlc29tZSBkdWRlISEhISEhISEgIFRoYW5rcyEhISEhISEgXQ==

#38554 Something new is brewing in the Secret Labs

Posted by AlfredBr on 05 November 2012 - 03:15 PM in General Discussion

TGlicmFyaWVzIGZvciB0aGUgR2FkZ2V0ZWVyIEFkYXB0ZXIsIHBlcmhhcHM/IA==

#38134 Building custom go!bus modules for Netduino Go

Posted by AlfredBr on 28 October 2012 - 06:18 PM in Netduino Go

And here's the through-hole version:
FCI 20021511-00010T1LF
http://www.mouser.co...kTNcJ8wnslDRg==

Can anyone share or point me to an Eagle layout for the thru hole version?

#38130 Program in assembly language?

Posted by AlfredBr on 28 October 2012 - 06:03 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

You might consider learning x86 assembly first. There are TONS of resources for learning x86 on the Internet (including free manuals from Intel).

#38042 Windows 8

Posted by AlfredBr on 28 October 2012 - 12:37 AM in General Discussion

I'm running Windows8 and VS2010 for WinForms development and also with .NETMF 4.2 with no issues.

#37964 NetduinoGo deployment issue

Posted by AlfredBr on 25 October 2012 - 11:09 AM in Netduino Go

12:09am. Man Chris, you are awesome...

#37951 The GoBus Upgrade

Posted by AlfredBr on 25 October 2012 - 03:26 AM in Netduino Go

Sorry if I didn't make that clear at MakerFaire...I thought we gave the full details to everyone, but I may have been so excited to say hi that I forgot to tell you :)

Okay...Awesome! I'm sure that you mentioned it, I must have missed it between wrangling three kids under 12 and the din of the Faire.

I'm very excited for this Fall and what you have in store for us. I'm totally ready for this...

#37950 NetduinoGo deployment issue

Posted by AlfredBr on 25 October 2012 - 03:21 AM in Netduino Go

Chris,

I can reproduce this deployment issue consistently. I'm on a Windows8 PC with VS2010 and all the VS updates. My Netduino Go has both the latest firmware and .NETMF. There is nothing connected to it. I can deploy a program to the Netduino Go and it will run fine (my program blinks the LED's on the Netduino Go board).

My program does not have an infinite loop in it, but both VS2010 and the Netduino Go act as if it does. I can stop the debug session in the VS2010 IDE, but that does not stop the Netduino Go. If I try to redeploy this program or another program, I get the 'Cannot find entrypoint" problem. If I powercycle the Netduino Go, only then can I deploy my program to the Netduino Go and continue.

I have found that if I stick a 'return;' at the bottom of Main(), sometimes this allows the program to exit so I can redeploy, but this 'fix' does not work 100% of the time. I've also added an interrupt handler for the on board button that will attempt to reboot the Netduino Go, but this 'fix' does not work 100% of the time either.

The program that I am deploying is not very complex. Here it is....

public class Program
    {
        private static readonly InterruptPort ResetButton = new InterruptPort(Pins.Button,
                                                                              false,
                                                                              Port.ResistorMode.Disabled,
                                                                              Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeBoth);

public static void Main()
        {
            ResetButton.OnInterrupt += delegate
                                           {
                                               Debug.Print("RESET pressed");
                                               PowerState.RebootDevice(true);
                                           };
            ResetButton.EnableInterrupt();

var socketLeds = new OutputPort[8];

socketLeds[0] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin) 0x16, false);
            socketLeds[1] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin) 0x17, false);
            socketLeds[2] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin) 0x18, false);
            socketLeds[3] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin) 0x19, false);
            socketLeds[4] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin) 0x26, false);
            socketLeds[5] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin) 0x27, false);
            socketLeds[6] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin) 0x28, false);
            socketLeds[7] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin) 0x29, false);

const int sleepTime = 100;

for (int j = 0; j < 5; j++)
            {
                for (int i = 1; i <= 8; i++)
                {
                    OutputPort led = socketLeds[i - 1];

led.Write(true);

Thread.Sleep(sleepTime);
                }

for (int i = 1; i <= 8; i++)
                {
                    OutputPort led = socketLeds[i - 1];

led.Write(false);

Thread.Sleep(sleepTime);
                }
            }

return;
        }
    }

#37946 The GoBus Upgrade

Posted by AlfredBr on 25 October 2012 - 02:26 AM in Netduino Go

Chris,

In front of me, I'm lucky to have a Netduino Go with the latest firmware, a brand new Netduino Gadgeteer Adapter and a handful of GHI Gadgeteer modules.

Now what? Is there a special assembly/driver required for the Gadgeteer Adapter? I saw this working at MakerFaire in your booth, so I know it works.

I've got the gear, how do I do the same thing you demoed?

#37218 Windows 8 support

Posted by AlfredBr on 15 October 2012 - 01:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

We have been using our NetduinoGo on Windows8 with no problems. I have not tried a Netduino Plus, but will give it a go tonight (have to upgrade the firmware to 4.2 first) and report back.

#36980 Netduino Plus - Login to Windows Network

Posted by AlfredBr on 10 October 2012 - 06:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

After you talking about the security and all I don’t want to annoy IT with connecting a non-work device. I wish I could think of a completely new project, but I’ve been having trouble. I’ll have to ponder it.

Using Stefan's idea of thinking about how a private notebook would authenticate to your Windows network:

1. First of all, getting an IP address on the network may be more involved than you want. For instance, in many workplaces, you cannot even get an IP address on the wired network if your MAC address is not known beforehand.

2. Assuming you can get an IP address, then you want your Netduino to navigate to a particular URL on your network and authenticate with that server with your Windows credentials, yes? The process would be the same as if you brought...say, your Macintosh into the office and connected it to the network. When you navigate to the URL, you would be presented with an authentication process that can take many forms: it could be Windows Basic Auth, Windows Integrated Auth, Windows Forms Auth or if you are lucky Anonymous Auth.

If it is anonymous auth, then no username and password is required. You probably don't have anonymous auth.
Let's talk about Windows Basic Auth. (We cannot use Windows Integrated Auth).

When your Netduino client application tries to access the web site, the web server issues a challenge for credentials. Normally a web browser would handle this challenge by presenting you with a dialog box where you can type in your username and password. When you receive this challenge on the Netduino, your code will have to then provide for the proper username and password pair to be returned to the web server. If the authentication succeeds, you can then navigate the website.

Consider a different approach. You didn't specify your goals, but depending on what you want to do, you could do this in two hops. Let's say you wanted to light an LED on the Netduino if a value on a particular page on your company website exceeds a certain threshold. You could write a desktop application that does all of the network authentication and website parsing and value comparing on your full-size computer and then send a message via a serial link to the Netduino. When the Netduino receives the serial message, you light the LED (or launch the missile or what-have-you...)

The above scenario is not compliant with the 'internet of things' vision, but it does allow you to interface your Netduino with an arbitrary value on your website. I've glossed over huge technology areas here, but the first hop is from your website to your desktop computer and the second hop is from your desktop computer to your Netduino+.

You can take it from here...

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.