Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

c#Geek's Content

There have been 3 items by c#Geek (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#38478 Christmas Lights

Posted by c#Geek on 04 November 2012 - 01:22 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

How funny apearently you and I are working on the same project because i currently have thread open on this same subject. Here is a good link on the shift register. I dont mind just merging our two threads here so we can both get any answers without asking people to answer both of us.

How are you planning to send the data to the netduino ? I am trying to use serial as I do not have a plus. Also how are you making the sequence there is some good code here but it will need some adjusting as it is for a phidget board :( but I a have made some changes to make that happen already (realy just commented out the phidget part).

At any rate let me know if I can help with your project at all.

That is the code I was using on the youtube video. I can send you my sequence files if you would like. I will put a post together in the next few days that has the sequence file and the link to the MP3 files I used. Do you have any to share?

The phidget relays are nice and easy to use but very costly as you try to increase the amount of channels. The code from Brian Peek should work just fine, I planned on changing the call to the phidget relay, he already has it classed out, so it should be an easy change.

I planned on using the netduino plus as a web server and running the sequence file from there. That is how I did the two houses. I run all the sound from my main PC and kick off the second house via a web service.

All you need on your end is a trigger to start the sequnce file.

It does not look like much on the video but is realy cool when you see it live. I just ordered an FM transmitter for this years show. My neighbors will enjoy that. B)

How have you gone about making your sequence files? I have found that if I take the sequnce files and break them into 1/10th of a second then its easy to cross match the time in Audacity.

I looked over that diagram and it appears that for every 3 control wires you can control 8 leds(relays in our case). So it seems we could control 48 relays with one netduino. WOW! That would be much cheaper.

ok, I'm gonna end my ramblings for now. Its awesome to see we are in the same boat. I'll dig up those files and get them out in the next few days. I have a newborn in the house (Hooray! :P ) but I just don't have as much freetime now.

Don

#38473 Christmas Lights

Posted by c#Geek on 03 November 2012 - 11:26 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks for the information and advice Paul. I am a hardware newbie (been coding in C# since 2001) and I'm not sure how the 74HC595 chips work. Is there a newbie guide or a 101 page? Thanks! Don

#38442 Christmas Lights

Posted by c#Geek on 03 November 2012 - 07:54 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi All,

I'm brand new to the netduino plus world and I have a question. Can I use the netduino plus board to drive this relay board: Relay board

It states that it needs "15-20mA Driver Current" and I'm not sure if the netduino plus board will drive that. I see that it does output 3.3 volts, but I do not see the amps listed anywhere.

You can see some of the light shows I have done in the past with up to 8 channels listed below. I want to use neduino to give me more channels to play with. Now I just need more lights :rolleyes:

Charlie Brown
Two House are better than one
2011 Show My favorite is dueling Jingle bells at 2:34

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Don

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.