Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Robert L.'s Content

There have been 6 items by Robert L. (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60811 Please Help: cannot deploy from VS 2012 into P2

Posted by Robert L. on 28 November 2014 - 09:25 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

OK, I figured it out.  I needed to stop certain programs from running at the same time.  I am not sure which ones were the problem, though, becuase I stopped pretty much everything I could, and after that it worked.

Strange.

#60810 Please Help: cannot deploy from VS 2012 into P2

Posted by Robert L. on 28 November 2014 - 02:21 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am unable to deploy my application using Visual Studio 2012.  I have three Netduino Plus 2 boards and all three act the same.  I can connect, erase, network configure, and display device capibilities using MFdeploy.  I can upgrade the boards to 4.3.1 using the NetduinoUpgrade program.

However when I try to deploy using VS2012, I am unable. The error message is:  'unable to communicate with device:USB:Netduino"

If I hit F5 while the USB cable is unplugged, and then plug it in, I seem to get further, I get a message that the debugger has been found, but the after a delay, it says "cannot attach debugger engine".

I used this same PC and setup to deploy the same application a couple of weeks ago with no problems, so I am puzzled why it no longer works, and not sure how to fix the problem.  I see other threads on similar issues, but the most recent one has no posted solution.

I have a customer order that I cannot ship until this is fixed.  Is there a way to get VS 2012 to create a file (like a hex file for example) such that MFdeploy can deploy it?

Robert

#60547 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1

Posted by Robert L. on 26 October 2014 - 01:53 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

A couple of things I ran across that needed attention before I could get my converted (Plus-1 to Plus-2) project to work. 

1. It seems that it is much better to start with a new VS project and copy only your source code over.  VS does not seem to do a good job of upgrading an exisitng project from VS2010 tro VS2012.  Once I took this approach I was able to make progress on getting my GPIO pins to work on a Plus-2 board.  Some items needed new definations, as for example, I wanted to continue using the original Secret Labs PWM calls.
  2. My shield has a watchdog timer built into it, mostly because the Plus-1 Netduino board frequently locked up the processor when doing TCP/IP operations.  The Plus-2 board adds 'Header Power Switches' that delay providing power to the headers until some time after boot.  The upshot of this was that my watchdog circuit was not powered up and so held reset low and so the Plus-2 processor never booted, continuing to prevent power from reaching the shield.  Deadlock.  Providing local power to the shield's watchdog circuit fixed this.

So I have basic functionality now.  I am continuing to test and curious how this new board's performance compares to the original especially in the areas of reliability and stability.

Robert

#60543 Where is Chris Walker?

Posted by Robert L. on 25 October 2014 - 10:37 AM in General Discussion

Hello!

Did you actually post your question? I surmise he's busier then usual in developing the next generation devices, or even writing the firmware for the currently unsupported modules.

Dr. Who,

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I did indeed post my question.  It's post #107 in the thread "Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1" no replies after several days.  Perhaps someone will answer it, perhaps I will solve the problem myself without help.  But having Chris unavailable for several weeks in a row is worrysome.

#60524 Where is Chris Walker?

Posted by Robert L. on 23 October 2014 - 10:26 PM in General Discussion

He used to be very active answering questions posted here, but now seems to be AFK since Oct 4th, 2014. 

I am looking for some help getting a NP2 board working, is there someone else who has taken over his job answering questions in the forums, or another way to get support questions answered?

Thanks,

Robert

#60513 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1

Posted by Robert L. on 23 October 2014 - 12:51 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am trying to move my current hardware/software product from a Plus solution to a Plus2 solution.  I tested my addon board with a Plus Netduino, and it is working well.  But when using the Plus2 board none of the I/O other than the Ethernet seems to be working.  My Plus platform and my Plus2 platform are on different computers, BTW.  The Plus2 is on a Windows7 machine, running VS-2012 Express for Windows Desktop.

I have upgraded my NetduinoPlus2 to 4.3.1.0 as per instructioons/files posted here.   I am concerned in that the assembly:  SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus is included.  I was expecting something like Plus2.

Is that the correct assembly for the Plus2 board?   If not, is there a seperate download for the Plus2 hardware assembly?  Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for any help offered,

Robert

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.