Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

zemuss's Content

There have been 69 items by zemuss (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53053 My Aquarium Controller + LED Lighting Controller

Posted by zemuss on 05 October 2013 - 01:57 AM in Project Showcase

iced98lx thanks for posting your code. I have been away from the project due to a death in the fam and other work related things but getting back to it.

This should help.

#51448 Netduino Plus 2 and Communication with Windows Forms

Posted by zemuss on 15 July 2013 - 12:46 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have the DS18B20 currently working with a wire length of 10 feet. It is the first sensor i have up and running. 

#51207 Netduino Plus 2 OneWire DS18B20 on 4.2

Posted by zemuss on 08 July 2013 - 01:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Add reference [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Segoe UI', 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire to your project.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Segoe UI', 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Onewire is included in version 4.2 of the framework. You might need to upgrade firmware to 4.2.2.2[/color]

#51182 Netduino Plus 2 and Communication with Windows Forms

Posted by zemuss on 07 July 2013 - 10:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am building a aquarium controller and I would like to accomplish the following:

1. Create a Windows Application to interface with the netduino. This is my first priority.

2. Build a website which can publish my aquarium data over the web, but I will publish the data so i can get the values any time of the day.

I would like to implement one solution to cover both Web and Local applications. 

Short term goal will be Temperature and my long term goal includes LED Lights, Power control (On / Off) and PH sensor. 

Thanks for any suggestions.

#51158 Netduino Plus 2 and Communication with Windows Forms

Posted by zemuss on 06 July 2013 - 09:31 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Cool i will take a look. WIred is fine for now. I need to get this project going because digital temp is much better than manual temp. IMO.. lol

#51152 Netduino Plus 2 and Communication with Windows Forms

Posted by zemuss on 06 July 2013 - 06:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ok thanks. I will check both of them out.

Hey NooM you were right about the 2gb limit which I hope future firmware releases open that limitation up because 2gb sdcards are scarce.

#51148 Netduino Plus 2 and Communication with Windows Forms

Posted by zemuss on 06 July 2013 - 03:36 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Since I got the SDCard issue all worked out, and temperature now running in a debug mode, what I want to start doing is develop the communications between the Netduino Plus 2 and Windows Forms. 

Any help would be appreciated.

What is the best way to communicate? USB or Ethernet? 

If USB I would lose the ability to debug correct? So Ethernet is best?

Do I need to create a Web Server for communication?

#51087 Netduino Plus 2 and 8gb SD

Posted by zemuss on 04 July 2013 - 05:12 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If you look at that thread many said that they tested a card with more memory than a 2gb and it worked.

This was in a beta driver thread and why it doesn't come out in a release I would like to know. Many local retail shops do not sell a 2gb SDCard anymore.

"Z"

#51066 Netduino Plus 2 and 8gb SD

Posted by zemuss on 04 July 2013 - 01:37 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

How so? From everything I read Firmware 4.2 should be able to support SD Cards over 4gb.

http://forums.netdui...?showtopic=1592

How am I reading this wrong?

Post #16

"[color=rgb(40,40,40);]We're syncing 4.1.1 and 4.2. So they'll probably become "final" at the same time (most likely in 30-60 days), although we may ship 4.1.1 a bit earlier.[/color]

The difference between the two will be that 4.2 has new features (StringBuilder, RegEx, Visual Basic support, more bugfixes, etc.) Once 4.2 is released, the next releases will be 4.2.x (i.e. we won't update v4.1.1 unless there's a critical bugfix).

Chris 

#51063 Netduino Plus 2 and 8gb SD

Posted by zemuss on 04 July 2013 - 01:21 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have done some research and it appears that Firmware 4.2 supports SD cards greater than 2gb. I am getting the following error and need help.

A first chance exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in System.IO.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in System.IO.dll

This is when i try to write a simple file to the card.

I can read the card but can't write.

#50970 Netduino Go Future

Posted by zemuss on 30 June 2013 - 08:29 PM in Netduino Go

Does this include the Ethernet module?

#50884 Netduino Go Future

Posted by zemuss on 27 June 2013 - 11:33 PM in Netduino Go

I am wondering what is in store for the Netduino Go. I was a raving fan of the product and still own one for future projects, however, I needed to get an aquarium controller off the ground while learning a lot about programming the devices.

I am wondering whats going to happen with the Netduino Go: Future Modules, Capabilities and Support. 

I think it would be good to hear from Secret Labs on the subject.  Please let us know officially what is going on.

This isn't an attempt to slander the company. I am just curious where the unit direction is going and product direction entirely.

Thanks,

#50879 NetDuino Plus 2 Web Server.

Posted by zemuss on 27 June 2013 - 08:00 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I got past the above issues and now I find myself stuck at: 

Error 1 Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:NetduinoPlus

However if I create a very simple program with pings the device and displays the IPAddress it works.

#50877 NetDuino Plus 2 Web Server.

Posted by zemuss on 27 June 2013 - 06:43 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Anyone?

#50854 NetDuino Plus 2 Web Server.

Posted by zemuss on 27 June 2013 - 12:57 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I followed the tutorial found on the web to get a Web Server going, however, I am getting an unhandled exception. Does anyone have a Web Server tutorial or example I can follow?

Error:

Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'E:DevelopmentExamplesNetduinoPlus2BlinkyNetduinoPlus2BlinkybinDebugleNetduinoPlus2Blinky.exe', Symbols loaded.
The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll

Uncaught exception 
The thread '<No Name>' (0x1) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Done.

Waiting for debug commands...

The program '[6] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

#50693 Powerful Aquarium Lighting

Posted by zemuss on 21 June 2013 - 02:10 PM in General Discussion

Andy,

I actually just purchased a Netduino 2 Plus for my project as everything I have read thus far leads me to believe that the Netduino Go is being shelved.

I can still contribute to the project if you would like, but for me coding the Netduino2 Plus will be easier.

#50639 Netduino plus, webserver, measuring water temperature, water level, fotocell

Posted by zemuss on 19 June 2013 - 04:32 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Very nice

#50591 NetduinoGo Shieldbase SPI hookup

Posted by zemuss on 17 June 2013 - 09:06 PM in Netduino Go

I feel the same way and will be purchasing the NetDuino 2 PLUS and shelve the go. 

I can get my controller off the ground by the end of the month with the plus unit.

#50582 Powerful Aquarium Lighting

Posted by zemuss on 17 June 2013 - 06:03 PM in General Discussion

My controller is a work in progress and am using the netduino go also. However there are a few things stopping me from working on the controller. Wireless and storage which are not out yet from what I understand.

Here is what I want to work on:

• Temp Sensors
  • PH Probe
  • Lights using PWM
  • Web Server

Like you I am thinking of creating a API layer to communicate to the controller.

I like your idea and would like to work with you.

#50125 Powerful Aquarium Lighting

Posted by zemuss on 30 May 2013 - 09:30 PM in General Discussion

I am creating a controller for my aquarium and wondering if you could share the approach with me and some code?

#50122 Powerful Aquarium Lighting

Posted by zemuss on 30 May 2013 - 08:27 PM in General Discussion

Andy,

Which Netduino did you go with?

#49179 Windows Form help

Posted by zemuss on 07 May 2013 - 05:35 PM in Netduino Go

I believe that people are using the serial port functionality. 

Also this http://forums.netdui...tion-using-usb/

The only thing is you lose the USB debugging functionality when using the USB port. 

So when the ethernet port is finished I might just purchase that and communicate through it. 

Han do not worry about sounding like a 3rd grade teacher besides you didn't to me. 

Hey do you know if there is a good tutorial on creating a GUI for a LCD device?

#49175 Windows Form help

Posted by zemuss on 07 May 2013 - 04:24 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks Han. 

I understand the issue and was looking for advice on the work around. I figured it out today. Thanks for your insight as well.

I also went your site which helped too. 

#49130 Windows Form help

Posted by zemuss on 07 May 2013 - 01:31 AM in Netduino Go

I am trying to add a reference to my form and wondering what I am doing wrong?

Error: Warning 1 The project 'ANC.NetDuino.Go.GUI' cannot be referenced. The referenced project is targeted to a different framework family (.NETFramework) ANC.NetDuino.Go.Controller

I understand the error, however, does this mean that I can't interface with the GUI application. I am using the GUI as a Dash board.

#49084 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.2 (update 1)

Posted by zemuss on 05 May 2013 - 11:10 PM in Netduino Go

Hey Chris how far along is the Ethernet Modules?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.