Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

victorf's Content

There have been 12 items by victorf (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3838 Framework Install error

Posted by victorf on 13 October 2010 - 12:57 PM in Visual Studio

Hi Vic,

Can you run the second command to generate the "complete log" too?

msiexec /liwearucmopvx! completelog.txt /i MicroFrameworkSDK.MSI

Thank you very much,

Chris

P.S. What is your H drive?

I have attached the screen shot and the error log. Are we getting any closer to a resolution? My H drive is for my significant other to use for her stuff. My hard drive it partitioned into F:, G: and H: where F: is the system drive.

Vic

Attached Files

#3762 Framework Install error

Posted by victorf on 11 October 2010 - 10:42 AM in Visual Studio

Vic, copy the SDK to the directory that you're using (F:\Documents and Settings\Victor). Or change to the desktop directory where the SDK is at... Either way should be good.

Chris

Chris,

I navigated to F:\Documents and Settings\Victor\Desktop and ran MSIExec once again. This time the program started and then received the error as noted in the screen shot in the zip file attached here. A logfile mylog.txt was created and it is in the attached zip too!

I hope this helps.

Vic

Attached Files

#3745 Framework Install error

Posted by victorf on 10 October 2010 - 02:16 PM in Visual Studio

Vic,

Somehow an extra period snuck into your command-line there (MicroFramework.SDK.MSI <-- no period before SDK)... Could you remove the period and try again?

Thanks!

Chris

Chris,

No difference. I have included the new screenshot. I am not sure what I am doing here. The SDK is on my desktop. Will that make a difference? If so, where should it go?

Vic

Attached Thumbnails

• MSIExec2.jpg

#3736 Framework Install error

Posted by victorf on 10 October 2010 - 10:35 AM in Visual Studio

Hi Vic,

A request from the installer team... Are you familiar with running command-line programs? If so, can you switch to your installer directory and run the following two commands?

Msiexec /l* mylog.txt /i MicroFrameworkSDK.MSI
msiexec /liwearucmopvx! completelog.txt /i MicroFrameworkSDK.MSI

And then could you send the generated log files to me (or attach them here)?

If you're not familiar with the command-line, I'd be happy to give you a call and walk you through it. Unfortunately, there aren't too many ways to diagnose installer issues without generating logs and such...

Chris

Chris,

Again, Thanks for the reply.

I have attached a screen shot of the command line executions of echo %ProgramFiles%, requested by Pascal06, which verifies that the ProgramFiles folder location is F:/ProgramFiles and of the first execution of Msiexec. Because of the error message shown, I was reluctant to run the second execution. I hope that this helps.

I look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Vic

Attached Thumbnails

• MSIExec1.jpg

#3660 Framework Install error

Posted by victorf on 08 October 2010 - 11:35 AM in Visual Studio

Hi Vic,

Out of curiosity, do you know the path to your Program Files directories (the regular and 32-bit ones--if you're running 64-bit Windows)?

I have pinged a member of the .NET MF team to help determine the best way to resolve this as well...

Chris

Chris,

I am not sure what you are asking here. My program files directory is on the system (F drive on my machine) drive and the path would be F:/Program Files. I am running 32 bit Windows XP

I appreciate the ping and I am looking forward to getting my problem fixed!

Vic

#3650 Framework Install error

Posted by victorf on 08 October 2010 - 01:46 AM in Visual Studio

Hi Vic,

Can you post the screenshot? Also, are you doing the default installation or did you give it a specific installation path?

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the reply!

I was doing the default install.

I have attached the screen shot.

Vic

Attached Thumbnails

• SDK Install Error.jpg

#3643 Framework Install error

Posted by victorf on 07 October 2010 - 10:31 PM in Visual Studio

Attempted to install 4.1 Framework and received fatal error 1324 "The Path Program Files contains an invalid character".
Now what do I do? I do have a screen shot of the error message! I have never had any problem installing anything on this computer. C# install went OK.

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

Vic

Victor Fraenckel
KC2GUI
windswaytoo ATSIGN gmail DOT com

#3580 Longevity

Posted by victorf on 06 October 2010 - 06:47 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Back in the early '90s I designed, build and successfully marketed a product with an embedded micro.
I discontinued the product around 1997 because some of the ICs became obsolete. However, I recently
found out that the micro was still being sold in its original design.

I have recently had a series of inquiries that lead me to believe that there might still be a market for my original
idea. I asked myself how I would go about redesigning the original product with modern components. Since most
of the effort will go into the software, it is important that the micro I select have some longevity. There are
quite a few choices today for a viable platform. However, I am not knowledgable enough to forecast the long-range
availability of any of my choices. History shows that I happened to make the right choice 20 years ago, but I do not
delude myself that it was a wise choice, but meerly a lucky choice.

If I am still lucky, I would like to pick a platform that will remain viable for no more than 10 years. I am asking those
of you who a certainly more knowledgeable of the subject to suggest what platforms might still be around in 2020!
I do NOT wish to be in the microcomputer/controller design/development business. I just wish to be able to have a
complete design that I can buy off-the-shelf and plug into my produce today, tomorrow and throughout my time-line.

Vic Fraenckel
KC2GUI
windswaytoo ATSIGN gmail DOT com

#2755 PCB Layout

Posted by victorf on 24 September 2010 - 01:30 PM in General Discussion

I have downloaded the zip file of the Netduino board. The file type is .BRD and I would like to know how to open this file. I tried to use Eagle with no luck. Any enlightenment will be appreciated. Vic

#126 Where's the Docs

Posted by victorf on 08 August 2010 - 01:13 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I appreciate the replies to my query. Thanks. I do not understand how the .NET Micro Framework software produced by M$ connects to the specific hardware of the netduino. Since there is other hardware out there that uses the same framework there must be some software that is specific to specific hardware that acts as a bridge. It's that documentation I am looking for. Any further enlightenment will be appreciated! Vic Fraenckel KC2GUI windswaytoo ATSIGN gmail DOT com

#102 Where's the Docs

Posted by victorf on 06 August 2010 - 07:44 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The documentation for the .NET Micro Framework is referenced on the Downloads page under Documentation. I have included it here for your convenience:
http://msdn.microsof...y/ee436350.aspx

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I am not getting it. I would like documentation in a down-loadable format such as a .PDF. I'm sort of
old-fashioned that way. Does any such critter exist or will I have to fall back on on-line reading?

Vic

#96 Where's the Docs

Posted by victorf on 06 August 2010 - 03:01 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Where do I find the documentation (down-loadable) for the Framework. Any enlightenment will be appreciated! Vic Vic Fraenckel KC2GUI windswaytoo ATSIGN gmail DOT com

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.