Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

georgejh's Content

There have been 18 items by georgejh (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#46506 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by georgejh on 01 March 2013 - 10:13 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

DoWould you have time to install Oracle VirtualBox and see if it exhibits the same issue? Officially (from the product specs page) there is "limited USB support" for VMware and Oracle VirtualBox. This is due to the way that VMs deal with virtualized USB. That said...we'd still like to provide the best possible experience (although in this case...it may be through another VM or through gen2 hardware). Chris

It is definitely virtual machines issue - not working neither on VMware neither on VirtualBox but work in non VM environment.

#46402 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by georgejh on 28 February 2013 - 08:36 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

What edition and version of VMware are you using? On what host operating system?

Latest VMware Player 5.0.1 build-894247 with Windows 7 32bit SP1 with all up to date updates installed

#46351 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by georgejh on 27 February 2013 - 06:04 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

No joy at all  - both drivers are working with 4.1.0.6 but neither is working with 4.2.0.1 :(

#46327 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by georgejh on 27 February 2013 - 12:40 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Try switching to the legacy MFUSB drivers in VMware.
http://forums.netdui...-mfusb-drivers/

Cool, I'll try that ASAP and will report results here.

Cheers

#46262 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by georgejh on 26 February 2013 - 01:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris,

I have tried to update to my Netduino Plus to 4.2.0 update1 under VMware Player 5.0.1 with Windows 7.

Tried that 6-7 times. I have erased the Netduino and uploaded the bootloader for 4.2, followed every single step to the point.

No joy at all. Got some monkey symbols in FMDeploy when trying to connect and set my Network settings. Most of the time cannot recognise and connect to the device :(

Any ideas?

PS I've tried this with 4.1.0.6 - every time the process goes smoothly.

#45421 Rock-Paper-Scissors with Netduino and Arduino

Posted by georgejh on 13 February 2013 - 10:20 AM in Project Showcase

Hi George, 

That looks like a fantastic project for kids and beginners to get involved in electronics and programming. What a great idea. 

Thanks!

Steve

Nice idea/implementation! :)

Thanks guys!

Thinking on more simple games like that one. It turn to be a great fun for kids in school. Have to think also on some appropriate casing :)

#45309 Rock-Paper-Scissors with Netduino and Arduino

Posted by georgejh on 11 February 2013 - 12:33 PM in Project Showcase

This simple game is straight easy to build and program. Try it, have fun :)

Link to the project

#44968 New: Netduino 4.3 SDK and VS2012 support!

Posted by georgejh on 05 February 2013 - 03:09 PM in General Discussion

Hi Chris,

Great news!

Just do not forget to test updating the firmware and application deployment in VS2012 from within virtual machines. I remember having troubles updating NP1 to 4.1 and 4.2 - It was working by chance in 1 of 10 attempts on VMWare player with Windows 7. You mentioned then, that it was something about the USB drivers been changed and not fully tested.

#34593 Bigger Netduino Plus

Posted by georgejh on 03 September 2012 - 11:51 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I like N+ as it is close to All-In-One and I definitely will like having more powerful one. Apart of higher MCU speed and RAM nice to have on-board things will be: - Speaker/Buzzer - WiFi - more USB ports - Infra red communications - TV / RGB / HDMI / LCD - whatever one is possible to fit - Temperature sensor - Light sensor - Other sensors - more GPIOs - SODIMM RAM slot - Stackable multi core N+s for when more processing power is required - Space shuttle remote control.... ops those ones been grounded so wait until be resumed, meanwhile implement International Space Station remote control and flight centre :) Board could be bigger and GPIOs can be added outside current ones. Downside of the board can be used too. So go for NetBeast+ :)

#33904 Diagnosing slow deployment with VMware using WinUSB

Posted by georgejh on 19 August 2012 - 12:43 PM in General Discussion

Oh, the card was formatted with FAT32, there were other files on it. Ready boost was just hidden file on it. No idea or any memory when or why I've created it but certainly all was working fine with the old firmware. Well, anyway, this particular problem is solved. I do not see need to change to MFUSB as all is fine and also have feeling it works faster, but thanks for the link - will have it in mind if things go bad again. Cheers

#33894 Diagnosing slow deployment with VMware using WinUSB

Posted by georgejh on 19 August 2012 - 09:53 AM in General Discussion

Hey, I've discovered what's the source of the problem - it was the fact that I had a 2GB microSD card plugged into Netduino. Once removed, all works perfect. Now investigating what's wrong with the card or the problem is within the new Netduino Plus firmware. PS You want believe this! The SD card contained a Windows ready boost file. Once I deleted it all works fine! I wonder how possibly this file could be related to the problem? I will reformat the SD just in case and try again. PS 2 Reformatting the SD card doesn't change anything (all works fine) so I would suggest something been messed up because of the existanse of the ready boost file.

#33890 Diagnosing slow deployment with VMware using WinUSB

Posted by georgejh on 19 August 2012 - 09:24 AM in General Discussion

Here some update on the issue and on few of the suggestions: 1. I'm using a laptop, so no USB on the back of the motherboard. 2. The host is Windows 7 x64 where the guest VM (using latest VMware player) is Windows 7 x86 3. I used, few times, 2.12 version of SAM-BA to update the firmware 4. I'm not getting any BSOD on neither Guest neither Host machines 5. Netduino Plus is detected fine both by Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate and MFDeploy. 6. In VM, Device manager info for the USB device states - Netduino and the Service is WinUsb. 7. The technique of re-plugging the Netduino on hags is not helping at all. I have no any other issues apart of the speed of the deployment, which eventually, after approx 10 minutes, goes fine. Once deployment is done Netduino works fine. I've used that exact same host and guest with 4.1.0.6 without any trouble. Just for info and possibly not related with the problem, my Netduino Plus is rev A. PS I've noticed that quite often Netduino (re)boots quite slow. I mean after switching it on, it takes ages to get to the point of executing the deployed application.

#33867 Diagnosing slow deployment with VMware using WinUSB

Posted by georgejh on 18 August 2012 - 12:25 PM in General Discussion

Hi Chris, Must be VM related issue, have no speed problems when deploying within host environment.

#33703 Diagnosing slow deployment with VMware using WinUSB

Posted by georgejh on 15 August 2012 - 06:06 PM in General Discussion

The answer of all questions is: yes. There is a new development on the case. I've left the deployment in this "hanged" state and had my dinner. Coming back, approx 15 minutes later, I have found the deployment done! So it seems it takes ages to deploy but at least it finishes at some point. I'll do more experiments to observe the behaviour and will post an update info later today or tomorrow. Cheers

#33699 Diagnosing slow deployment with VMware using WinUSB

Posted by georgejh on 15 August 2012 - 05:45 PM in General Discussion

Hi Chris, I have now tried 5 times going through the full procedure of uninstalling .NET MF 4.1, installing 4.2, SDK, wiping off Netduino Plus, installing Tiny Bootloader, uploading the firmware, etc. All that goes fine. Then trouble begins. Cannot deploy any program. VS simply hangs on deploying. I have tried all known methods from forum of handling this situation - no success at all :( Any ideas? I'm using it from VMware Windows 7 vm with VS2010 Ultimate. Never had any such issues.

#33594 Announcing: .NET MF 4.2 upgrade for all Netduino hardware

Posted by georgejh on 14 August 2012 - 02:39 PM in General Discussion

Yeah!

#26507 Introducing Netduino Go

Posted by georgejh on 05 April 2012 - 07:47 AM in Netduino Go

Simply - brilliant!

#25608 Timer/Delay

Posted by georgejh on 16 March 2012 - 12:32 PM in General Discussion

... I guess it's just the threading side I've got to get my head around in C# Micro....

Here some series of posts on threading with .NETMF.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.