Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Icosahedron's Content

There have been 1 items by Icosahedron (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#86 Homebrew CPU with Netduino

Posted by Icosahedron on 05 August 2010 - 10:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

My son and I are considering building a homebrew CPU together to learn more about digital electronics. As I've been examining the state of things, I was thinking that the Netduino would be a great driver for this homebrew CPU. First of all, the CPU we're contemplating at first is the SAP-1 (Simple As Possible-1: Schematic is at http://grace.evergre...-1Schematic.pdf). Second, I'm thinking that we could feed the CPU its instructions into its memory using the Netduino ports and then receive information through other ports (rather than having to set up LEDs, etc.) My biggest concern at this point is 1) is there a breadboard shield for Netduino that could hold a moderately sized circuit (20-30 chips) and 2) would the power from the Netduino be enough to power such a board? It has a 5V output that I think might work, but I have 0 experience with power management in electronics. Thanks for your comments and advice.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.