Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

bobk's Content

There have been 10 items by bobk (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#24149 Reading SD card via USB - can you?

Posted by bobk on 13 February 2012 - 02:06 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you can use two net talking i2c. one can listen and write to SD card, one can be the master reading wensors and sending data to log.

#23649 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC3 (all editions)

Posted by bobk on 02 February 2012 - 02:36 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I now have a new PC running win 7 64. Under winxp I could not load the beta on a n+. I was able to install 4.2 on a n+ under win 7. Yeh. I was able to write to an 2 gig SD card. I was NOT able to write to an 8 gig drive tho. I installed 4.1.1 beta and using that same 8 gig SD card, that worked. Went back to 4.2, and card still did not work. Bob

#23500 Status of Firmware confusing

Posted by bobk on 30 January 2012 - 02:36 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Once the community tells us that the .NET MF 4.2 firmware is stable, we'll make it an official release and post it on the Downloads page... Right now, there are some core bugs to work out still. [We're checking in some new bug fixes today to see how they affect stability.]

Chris

I downloaded the 4.2 beta 3 again. I had the problem of the "no response". Since then, I have a new pc running windows 7 64. I do not know if anything changed from the Oct time frame as far as download version. I started with Sam-ba and reinstalled everything. I was able to go into Visual Studios 2010 and with a copy of the program that I found here in the forums, I was able to write to a 2gb sd card. Yeh. Now for some almost good news. I was not able to write to a 8gb sd card. I installed 4.1.1 B1 and everything worked including reading and writing to the 8 gb sd card. The same card will not work in 4.2 b3. I went back and forth between the different beta releases and the results were consistent.

Not sure if windows xp was the difference or the speed of the machine that would not allow 4.2 b3 to work properly, unless there was a newer version that I downloaded from the first post from this thread.

I did have one problem with 4.1.1 b1 with the reading of the 8 gd card initially. Netduino+ was plugged into a usb hub that was plugged into a powered usb hub. That caused my machine to crash. I could not get Netduino to be recognized until I re powered the usb hub. I will try this setup with 4.2 once I can get 4.2 version to read a 8 gb sd card.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Bob

#21775 GPS, GRPS and Google Latitude Tracking

Posted by bobk on 17 December 2011 - 12:10 AM in General Discussion

I also have been interested in GPS tracking. I want to put a tracker on my new motorcycle. One, for security if someone takes it. But I doubt that will happen. Two, when I go on a trip it is logged and if I need something people will know where to find me.
The most popular commercial products out there use GSM which probably the easiest and most effective way for a commercial product. However, being I am working on a DIY solution I am going to look at APRS. APRS is a data transfer system built on top of ham radio. That does mean I have to get a ham radio license. Check out aprs.fi to see if there is anyone using it near you.

Another option that I was thing about would be to use GPS and tie it into the ham radio APRS system using netduino. You would need a radio, but with many solutions out there already, it might not be feasable, but fun to do.

#20915 attach an earthmate gps to netduino

Posted by bobk on 24 November 2011 - 04:01 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I have an earthmate GPS lt40 (USB connection). I would like to connect this to the netduino. Do I useconnect the netduino to the PC via com and get a USB a to mini converter and plug the earthmate in the USB port? If so how would I connect to the USB to listen to the GPS. Or do I connect the USB GPS to a converter of some type and then use the serial commands? Is there a shield out there tha does this already? Since I have this GPS, I would not wish to by a shield with a GPS attached to it. Any help would be appreciated. Bob

#20014 Problema after upgrade

Posted by bobk on 31 October 2011 - 02:20 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Very interesting. Thanks for the additional info, Bob.

One more thing to mention. My netduino and netduino_plus boards are stamped as at91sam7x512 and on the next line is has AU. In sam-ba there is no at91sam7x512-au in the list so I have been picking the -ek board type.

Bob

#19960 Problema after upgrade

Posted by bobk on 29 October 2011 - 01:31 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the additional testing.

Are you using the regular Netduino drivers or the new .NET MF 4.2 beta drivers?
http://forums.netdui...-net-mf-42-rc3/

If you switch does it make any difference?

Hoping this is a board-related (and not computer-related) issue so we can reproduce it here...

Chris

At one point, I went back to 4.1 of the netduino sdk, as a rollback. However, everything is now running on 4.2. I did not try loading the regular netduino bootloader onto the netduino plus using the 4.1 drivers. With the 4.2 drivers, the ping worked on the netduino plus board (and the blinking light under vb) using the regular netduino bootloader, but the ping failed when using the netduino plus boodloader on netduino plus.

With the regular netduino bootloader on the netduino plus board, visual studios showed the board conected via usb as Netduino_Netduino. So I would assume that the additional features of the netduino plus would not be available in visual studios.

Bob

Just to clarify, the bootloader versions were the ones loaded under the sam-ba app.

#19942 Problema after upgrade

Posted by bobk on 29 October 2011 - 12:21 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I installed the new update to netduino plus and it failed. The pings would not work, print out from mfdeploy: Pinging... TinyBooter Bootloader build info: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC Pinging... Error: No response from device Error: No response from device Pinging... Error: No response from device Error: No response from device I then started to play around to see what would happen with the upgrade. I went back in and did a clean memory install. I then went into mfdeploy and opened and deployed ER_FLASH only. Same Problem. Ping No response I went back to square one and reloaded again a fresh memory. This time I went into MFDeploy and opened and deployed ER_CONFIG. Ping worked. I then opened and deployed ER_FLASH. Ping worked. It looks like in my situation (windows xp SP 2) that when I open and depley both at the same time, ER_FLASH get deployed first and then ER_CONFIG. If you try to just install ER_CONFIG THEN ER_FLASH, at least in my instance it works and has been upgraded. MfDeploy printout: Pinging... TinyBooter Bootloader build info: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC Pinging... TinyBooter Bootloader build info: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC ChkPinging... TinyCLR Pinging... TinyCLR HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.2.0.0 HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 34 HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 177 HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 4097 HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: 00000000000000000000000000000000 HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: 0000000000000000 ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.2.0.0 ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Oct 16 2011 SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 410713 FloatingPoint: False SourceLevelDebugging: True ThreadCreateEx: True LCD.Width: 0 LCD.Height: 0 LCD.BitsPerPixel: 0 AppDomains: False ExceptionFilters: True IncrementalDeployment: True SoftReboot: False Profiling: False ProfilingAllocations: False ProfilingCalls: False IsUnknown: False What caught me on the Netduino regular was that the initial ping showed two lines for both the pre and after ER_CONFIG but now only returns only one line. I hope this helps in determining what the problems other might have. I would try this procedure on Windows XP machines. I tried to repeat the above process and now I only get the ping no response from device. I did try to go back and do a clean install of the bootloader, this time, I used the regular netduino bootloader in the Sam-ba. I then went into mfdeploy and loaded the netduino-plus config and flash and the ping worked. Went into vb express and tried the flashing led. That also worked. However, the driver thinks it is a regular netduino instead of a netduino-plus. Going back and trying again to install the netduino plus driver then going into mfdeploy still produced the ping no response error. Hope this helps in debuging. I though I had something. if you look at line 6 from the above mfdeploy output, it started to write something before the ping response. I think I seen it completely in one of the ties I was playing with the different combos. I believed it said "chk signature" then there was another one word on the next line. I did not write that is down. Bob

#19938 Problema after upgrade

Posted by bobk on 28 October 2011 - 07:57 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hi Bob,

Trying to understand better here. In the text above, you mention that the pinging never comes back, but...

It appears that the pinging is working? If you pinged before flashing the ER_CONFIG/ER_FLASH firmware, it would say "Pinging... TinyBooter" instead.

Also, you appear to be using the Netduino firmware instead of the Netduino Plus firmware. Are you having beta upgrade issues on a regular Netduino?

Finally...when you updated, did you erase the board completely and flash the bootloader too? That is required for the .NET MF RC3 update.

Chris

I have not updated my plus yet. Wanted to try it on the regular Netduino first. I just plugged in the netduino-plus and the ping came back as:
Pinging... TinyCLR

The plus is still at the 2.1.0.6 level. I did have problems with the non plus one. When I first did the install (yes started with a clean install .. had to use sam-ba v2.9 to get the driver that would see the board connection as usb/... to work.) I did have problems and when I pinged I did get a not connected message or such. I did try a few times. with a few reboots in between.

As I mentioned before, it was getting the not connected message, but then after doing it a few more times, (a couple of times with the wrong board type in the sam-ba app), I rebooted the pc (windows xp) and did it again. If the ping is correct, then I guess that I do not have an issue at this time.

I will try this process again, using the netduino-plus. I will post here what results I get.

Thanks Chris for the reply.

Bob

#19934 Problema after upgrade

Posted by bobk on 28 October 2011 - 05:34 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I have the same problem when I upgraded to rc3. I live in Florida. WHat I did notice while the ping does not respond, the device capabilities does respond back. I also went into the c# upgraded to use .net micro 4.2 and ran the test 1 (blinking . led). The test works fine. I went back to MFDeploy. Ping still times out, but the device capabilites does respond back. This is the response window from MfDeploy: As you can see the pinging never came back. It did ping before doing the er_config and er_flash install. Pinging... TinyCLR HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.2.0.0 HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Netduino (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 34 HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 177 HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 4096 HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: 00000000000000000000000000000000 HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: 0000000000000000 ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.2.0.0 ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Netduino (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Oct 16 2011 SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 410713 FloatingPoint: False SourceLevelDebugging: True ThreadCreateEx: True LCD.Width: 0 LCD.Height: 0 LCD.BitsPerPixel: 0 AppDomains: False ExceptionFilters: True IncrementalDeployment: True SoftReboot: False Profiling: False ProfilingAllocations: False ProfilingCalls: False IsUnknown: False Bob

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.