Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Philip's Content

There have been 3 items by Philip (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49424 STM32F4 Discovery Running .NET MF

Posted by Philip on 14 May 2013 - 12:56 PM in General Discussion

Sorry this is late.

With regard to Noom's comments, I have accessed the LEDs (easy) and the MEMS 3 axis accelerometer (via SPI), the PWM and the A to D converters on the STM32F4 Discovery board.  They all work fine.  The site at: 

http://www.ghielectr...share/entry/436

explains how to do the SPI thing.

Phil

#44182 AREF again!

Posted by Philip on 25 January 2013 - 04:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi All,

I have looked but been unable to clarify the situation regarding AREF on the new Netduino 2.  Can someone help?

For the original Netduino we had REVA without AREF connected and REVB with it connected (I think).

I have just bought some Netduino 2s, and the board (REV.A) labels the 'digital pin 15' (after 12, 13 and then GND) with a blank.  The web page http://netduino.com/...uino2/specs.htm labels the GND + blank as POWER.  The new Netduino 2 schematic diagram at:

http://netduino.com/...2/schematic.pdf

labels it as AREF, but then shows that it is unconnected (so it isn't AREF).

HELP!

Further to this, if AREF is connected to an internal reference, then presumably we must not connect it to anywhere else (like a 1V reference) for obvious reasons.  If the AREF pin is connected to the ARM (VDDA ?), then without a connection there is no reference for the AD converter (and therefore we must always provide one).

Now, I also notice an IOREF pin has sprung up beside /RESET. What is the purpose of this (and might I need to connect it to AREF)? 

Thanks all - still a great product!

Phil

#44034 USB Device - Always enumerates as Netduino in Device manager

Posted by Philip on 23 January 2013 - 07:52 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Support,

Can you help clear my confusion.  I have a number of (old) Netduinos running 4.1 (and I'm happy with them)

Today I got a Netduino 2 (running 4.2?) and wondered about making a USB HID device (and deploying via serial).  

There seems to be lots of stuff about making the Netduino 2+ into a HID device, and lots about using experimental 4.1.1 (or whatever) with the old Netduino, but nothing? about how to turn a new Netduino2 into a HID device.

Is it any different to the old Netduino.  Are there any instructions on how to do it?  

Thanks

Phil

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.