Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

HCN's Content

There have been 3 items by HCN (Search limited from 24-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3327 Can Netduino handle this?

Posted by HCN on 01 October 2010 - 04:15 AM in General Discussion

Thanks Chris, I hope to contribute to the community somehow after I learn how to handle things with Netduino! As for the specs of the devices, I really don't know. Those images are just an example, what I did was google "arduino shields" and get the images of the shields that would do what I need. I don't really know if these shields I picked will work together or work at all with the Netduino, and to be honest I was hoping to get some advice on which shields to get and that sort of thing. What I need from the Netduino is: - communicate (not simultaneously) with 3 RS232 devices: coin sorter, coins acceptor and thermal printer. These devices will have their own power source, I just need to send/receive data to/from them. - have ethernet connectivity to display a simple web page and accept simple commands - have cellular connectivity to send, from time to time, statistics about the device usage to a pre-configured address - be able to display the number of coins sorted and the total value to the user on a lcd screen - be able to handle 3 buttons so the user can turn on/off and reset the device - operate using a battery so in case of power loss the device can stay on while the power returns or if it takes to long,save what it has to save and shut down nicely. Any help would be appreciated!

#3321 Can Netduino handle this?

Posted by HCN on 01 October 2010 - 03:29 AM in General Discussion

Hey Chris, thanks for the reply. PoE is not necessary, I just thought it was cool... The idea is to build a device that can accept coins, sort them and print a little receipt (yes, I forgot to mention that Netduino would also need to communicate with a simple thermal printer, probably another RS232 device). Do you need the specs of the devices or details about the project?

#3296 Can Netduino handle this?

Posted by HCN on 30 September 2010 - 07:23 PM in General Discussion

Howdy,

Posted Image

Can netduino handle this and a SD Card Shield?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.