Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

nithins's Content

There have been 2 items by nithins (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#37351 Powering a Netduino and LPD8806 From Batteries

Posted by nithins on 17 October 2012 - 10:07 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Edited to add link: Tutorial on using batteries to power RGB LED Strip

Thank you so much for that tutorial link! I completely missed that on the Adafruit site. That's exactly what I needed.

#37317 Powering a Netduino and LPD8806 From Batteries

Posted by nithins on 17 October 2012 - 12:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm in the planning stages of building a robot costume for my son. The project will use an Adafruit LPD8806 of 1 meter length controlled by a Netduino and probably just utilize the pattern from the tutorial. I have a 4 AA battery pack, but I'm not exactly sure what is the correct way to wire this up so that the strip won't burn out and also won't damage the Netduino. Would the recommendation be to use alkaline or rechargeable AA batteries? Should I hook up the batteries to the DC barrel jack and power the light strip power from the Netduino 5v pin?

Thanks!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.