Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

nhbb's Content

There have been 6 items by nhbb (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#22576 Netduino Plus board and a ton of extras for sale

Posted by nhbb on 07 January 2012 - 09:27 PM in General Discussion

Just wanted to make a note on this thread that the equipment has been sold. Thanks!

#22423 Netduino Plus board and a ton of extras for sale

Posted by nhbb on 03 January 2012 - 11:26 PM in General Discussion

You never know when some kits or pieces might come in handy. I threw together a display box for a holiday competition using mostly things I had around the house plus a short trip to the hobby store to grab some servos. I don't get to use my stuff as often as I'd like but I still keep acquiring. The NETMF community is growing, the software and hardware is getting more sophisticated. You've already paid for the stuff and it really doesn't take much room.

If you're still sure you want to get rid of the stuff, I could take it. But think it over first!

I do agree with you, it is fascinating stuff.. but I have other interests I am pursuing for the foreseeable future, namely android development. Everything is still available, so just let me know if you would like to take it off my hands. Payment would be via paypal, and you can have a look at my feedback history on ebay to buy with confidence. I have over 200 transactions and have been around for a long time - http://myworld.ebay.com/griffinmetals

#22293 Netduino Plus board and a ton of extras for sale

Posted by nhbb on 31 December 2011 - 10:08 PM in General Discussion

Hello Folks, I first came on this board some months back when I first stumbled upon the netduino plus. I had big aspirations to do a lot with the project, but unfortunately life and work have not left me any time to work with it. I have a whole bunch of stuff on hand here, and I figured I would offer it as a package to anyone here who may be interested. Everything is like new, with most of the gear still in the package and never even touched. I tested the unit with a blinking LED program today, so rest assured it is in perfect condition. Pictures are attached, and the following is what is included: 1 Netduino Plus board + usb connector Accessories: from SparkFun: 3 Mini Push Button Switch 1 Triple Output LED RGB - Clear 3 Basic LED - Red 2 Shift Register 8-Bit - 74HC595 10 Resistor 330 Ohm 1/6th Watt PTH 2 8-Bit Parallel-In/Serial-Out Shift Register - 74HC165N 1 Resistor 10K Ohm 1/6th Watt PTH - 20 pack 1 Arduino and Breadboard Holder 1 Jumper Wires Premium 6" M/F Pack of 10 1 Jumper Wires Premium 12" M/F Pack of 10 1 9V to Barrel Jack Adapter 1 1 Breadboard Clear Self-Adhesive from RadioShack: 5 heavy duty 9v battery snap connectors 1.5-3v motor 4 0.1uf polyester film capacitors 1 22uf electrolyic capactor 2 pn2907-type transistors 2 2n3904 transistors 5 1-kohm 1/8 watt carbon film resistors 1 case of assorted color/length wires 1 breadboard 1 9v battery I would like $75 which includes shipping to you via priority mail. I think this is pretty reasonable considering this gear is worth double that, and is essentially brand new. I just want it to be put to good use instead of just sitting on my shelf. US shipping only, thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAGE_094.jpg
  • IMAGE_095.jpg
  • IMAGE_096.jpg

#11702 Just ordered my netduino plus!

Posted by nhbb on 05 April 2011 - 09:24 PM in General Discussion

Like others have said, SparkFun is great for figuring out what you might want, but if you need anything in quantity, order from Mouser/Digikey. As an example, SF wants $0.35 for a SPST mini-push button, equivalent on mouser is $0.11.

The *big* downside to Mouser though is their catalog is immense. You want a SPST-NO mini-push button? There are 174 different kinds in stock. One thing I really really like about Mouser though is they have a "project manager" feature. So you can essentially name your shopping cart around a particular project, and re-order (and edit it) at any time. Its been a *huge* help for me. I've used it a couple of times already.

If I just need a couple of something, or want parts proven to work with one another, SparkFun is the way to go. Plus they take a ton of pictures of the items they sell. And a picture really is worth a thousand words. On Mouser, your lucky to find 1 picture of the item your looking at, usually all you get is a line drawing out of the manufactures data sheet.

I appreciate all the help and suggestions. yes I ended up using sparkfun for all the reasons you listed above. I had been looking at the various supply sites and was overwhelmed with the amount of components. I just needed a little guidance to get some starter gear until I become more familiar with this stuff in general.

It really is fascinating stuff, and I am glad I stumbled across the netduino and the forum here, you guys are very supportive and helpful.

Thanks again :D

#11700 Just ordered my netduino plus!

Posted by nhbb on 05 April 2011 - 08:48 PM in General Discussion

thank you for the responses everyone, I ended up buying most of what you folks suggested and I am anxious for everything to arrive so I can get started. :D btw it looks like amazon has some more in stock now, the count is back up to 13 at the moment... so if anyone needs one, go for it

#11669 Just ordered my netduino plus!

Posted by nhbb on 05 April 2011 - 02:22 AM in General Discussion

Hello all, I am thoroughly excited because I managed to find some netduino plus boards on amazon, and managed to grab one of the last ones. yesterday I saw they had 8 left, this morning 5, and only 2 when I pulled the trigger. a bit about myself: I am a C# programmer (sometimes in minor professional capacity, mostly novice hobbyist work). I always been fascinated by working directly with and building embedded systems but wasn't sure how to go about it until I did some serious research. the netduino really appealed to me cause I really didn't want to learn a whole new c derivative just for this hobby... to be able to take what you are familiar with already is an awesome thing and an opportunity for people like myself to cross over into the hardware development realm. anyways, I have the board on the way, but I know there is various other things I am going to need to get it off the ground. I assume it doesn't come with a power adapter, so I would really appreciate it if some of you folks here could please make a few recommendations to me as to what I should have on hand for starters. I have read the numerous threads on here regarding the topic, but it's hard to get a comprehensive list. -power supply -breadboard recommendation -resistor type and quantity -wire bundles -buttons, LEDs various I/O elements these are all things I would really appreciate suggestions on as to how many and which ones. also is a soldering iron necessary to implement the cooler aspects? I have done some soldering before, but had a crap iron so if I am going to do it I am going to get something decent... just wondering if it is worth the expense. I apologize for the long winded nature here, but please bear with me. I am excited to be a part of this community, and hope to learn a lot and explore an element of electronics that I always admired, but felt was out of my league. I am older these days, and less afraid of failure... can't wait to get started! Regards

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.