Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

outlet's Content

There have been 5 items by outlet (Search limited from 21-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12284 Wireless sensors using netduino, ioBridge and ThingSpeak

Posted by outlet on 20 April 2011 - 03:56 PM in Project Showcase

Hello,

Just finished a write-up for my first project using the netduino (my first time using any micro controller). I used 2 netduinos and an iobridge to log data to thingspeak.

Here is the post on instructables: http://www.instructa...dge-ThingSpeak/. I posted the code I used, its on the last step in the write-up.

Thanks,

Michael

#11494 I need some enlightment - AREF = ???

Posted by outlet on 30 March 2011 - 11:38 PM in General Discussion

I think it's 5V tolerant but you won't get any useful readings from it at 5V.

You shouldn't need to worry about AREF. The AREF pin is usually connected to the same power supply that you are using to power the device so that the onboard A/D converter has the same frame of reference as the device that's generating the analog signals. If you have a Rev B board and you're powering the device from a Netduino 3.3V pin you shouldn't need to connect the AREF at all because the Netduino has an internal AREF that is on by default. If you have an earlier board then you should also connect the 3.3V line to the AREF.

Thanks for the explanation!

#11487 Diff B/W Rev A & Rev B of netduino

Posted by outlet on 30 March 2011 - 09:09 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello, newbie here, What is the difference between the internal and external AREF, I want to avoid damaging my new netduino! Thanks!

#11486 I need some enlightment - AREF = ???

Posted by outlet on 30 March 2011 - 09:06 PM in General Discussion

I am new to electronics also. From what I have read, the analog input can only accept up to 3.3v (5v would be bad?). So if I connect a temp sensor to analog, should I use the 3.3v connection on the same side as the analog input, or use the AREF on the digital io side? Thanks!

#11411 Serial Communication

Posted by outlet on 29 March 2011 - 01:30 AM in Netduino Mini

Hi Terry,

Correct. Generally, you'll just want to use the _other_ COM port in your code. You can use both--but then you'll lose the ability to debug.

To erase your current app (so you can deploy something new):
1. Apply 3.3VDC-12VDC power to the "DTR" pin (pin 3).
2. Power off your Netduino Mini and then repower it.
3. Press "PING" in MFDeploy. Then press "ERASE" to erase your current app.
4. Power off your Netduino Mini again and then repower it.
5. You should be good to go.

Chris

What do you mean by "the _other_ COM port". Does this mean by using either serial ports I have to reset the module to upload new code?

I'm new to these devices, trying to clarify before I make a purchase.

Thanks!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.