Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Jack Buffington's Content

There have been 2 items by Jack Buffington (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3423 Is this possible on a netduino plus?

Posted by Jack Buffington on 03 October 2010 - 08:09 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Anyone?

#2899 Is this possible on a netduino plus?

Posted by Jack Buffington on 25 September 2010 - 09:34 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I have a project coming up that will need to play a .wav file in sync with a serial stream at 9600 baud. I have written this in the past for a PC but it seems like the netduino might be capable of pulling this off. It was years ago that I wrote the PC program but I believe that I was doing something like calling a media player function to get the current time in the audio file to see when I should send the serial data. At first pass, the processor used should have enough speed to do this if I were to write my own code from scratch but the point here is that I would like to be lazy and let .net do all of the hard work for me which is pretty much dealing with FAT16/32 and reading two files from the SD card simultaneously. Both files are of uncompressed data which would need no processing so presumably I would just pass the audio to the PWM port and the serial data to the serial port. Does anyone have any insight into if this really is possible and how difficult it would be to implement it?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.