Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

indyfromoz's Content

There have been 1 items by indyfromoz (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#46103 433MHz / 2.4GHz communications with Netduino/Netduino Plus

Posted by indyfromoz on 22 February 2013 - 10:28 PM in General Discussion

Greetings Everyone,

I have been working with my Netduino & Netduino Plus for the last 18 months, built about half dozen projects with them. I have immensely benefited from the posts in this forum and the really generous community spirit of helping fellow hobbyists learn how to build things with the Netduino family of products. 

On the side, I occasionally dabble with Arduino and its variants, including the Arduino Pro Mini. I recently acquired a bunch of 433MHz Tx/Rx modules as well as 2.4GHz nRF24L01+ modules for connecting remote units to a central Arduino-based internet-connected master unit. So far, I have been successful in getting a remote unit talk to the master and upload the data to COSM (Here is feed - https://cosm.com/feeds/106000, the setup can be seen in the attached photo). 

I would like to use the Netduino Plus for receiving data with 433MHz / 2.4GHz and upload it to COSM or any other such service. I am struggling to find any resources on connecting the 433MHz / 2.4GHz modules with Netduino/Netduino Plus. I read about the slow clock speed in the Netduino/Netduino Plus being a problem with some sensor, however, I am not sure if this is an issue with the wireless module.

Has anyone tried to interface 433MHz / 2.4GHz modules with the Netduino/Netduino Plus? If yes, what is your experience and where did you start?

I understand XBee has been used by hobbyists with Netduino/Netduino Plus, however, I have been asked to keep the cost low for each remote unit and the master unit and would therefore prefer the 433MHz / 2.4GHz modules. 

Thank you for your attention.

Indy

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.