Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Michel Trahan's Content

There have been 155 items by Michel Trahan (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#21745 My Netduino CNC Machine

Posted by Michel Trahan on 16 December 2011 - 01:04 AM in Project Showcase

I actually ended up writing a craplet to spit out some g code to do what I needed (drill a hole every .5 inches along the x and y axis in a 12"x12" board.
-dan

I was learning AUTOCAD 2012 and switch to INVENTOR 2012, and doing what you need takes about 3 minutes ... you should look into it !

#21728 My Netduino CNC Machine

Posted by Michel Trahan on 15 December 2011 - 04:50 PM in Project Showcase

I so want one of these! I wish I had a garage! :D

Chris

Join the club ;) lol

#13614 Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 25 May 2011 - 05:52 PM in General Discussion

We are going to make our initial board run of 9 boards.

Do you need something more from me :)

#13471 More Documentation, Please ...

Posted by Michel Trahan on 20 May 2011 - 02:19 AM in General Discussion

Still working on some, but got diverted by difficulties learning DotNetNuke and WordPress menus ...

#13470 VirtualBreadboard Emulator Support for Virtual Netduino

Posted by Michel Trahan on 20 May 2011 - 02:16 AM in Project Showcase

This looks cool, I'll have to get it and test it !

#13468 How to pronounce "Netduino"?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 20 May 2011 - 02:03 AM in General Discussion

Where are you come from Michel?...French Canada?

I do come from Montreal, province of Quebec, Canada, and a pure bastard (Irish, French, Indian(12th generation lol), and Iberville as a ancestor) (with this mixture bastard was the only appropriate one lol) and I'm proud to be :)

You should see my smile :)

And I do pronounce doo-ee-no exactly like dwee-no lol it's just a question of speed ? :)

#13407 How to pronounce "Netduino"?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 18 May 2011 - 12:09 PM in General Discussion

Isn't it Net dwee no ?

#13313 Time conversion between MF and Full .Net

Posted by Michel Trahan on 15 May 2011 - 05:42 PM in General Discussion

Are the 2 ticks per second the same ? I think not ... just a thought !

#13312 Solution deploy failures for VM users

Posted by Michel Trahan on 15 May 2011 - 05:41 PM in General Discussion

Have you tried this technique to reset ?

#13279 Quadcopter Early Flight

Posted by Michel Trahan on 14 May 2011 - 12:52 PM in Project Showcase

Yes you need it when you don't know C or C++ and only know Visual Studio as a compiler :) lol I come from VB6 ... therefore, netmf is my best bet ! And I don't want a professional quality flight control, I just want mine :) By the way, my main goal is to learn .net and I decided to start with .netmf ! This community rocks ! Mike. p.s.: You should see my smile lol

#13264 Quadcopter Early Flight

Posted by Michel Trahan on 14 May 2011 - 02:36 AM in Project Showcase

I know lol and that is why i have a 200MHz .Net MF waiting for me to get up to speed with coding sensors to try it out :) I'm a slow learner ... not as agile as I used to be lol mentally that is !

#13252 Quadcopter Early Flight

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 08:40 PM in Project Showcase

Man, Great Job ! And that was in December ! Do you have plans to show the code ? or we can only drool ? Has Chris Seto seen this ? He was saying impossible ! So good job !

#13250 How to manual read/write internal flash?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 08:27 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yes, you'll have 4KB or more of storage space to store data. It only has 10,000 rewrite cycles for flash rewrites...so you won't want to rewrite it frequently...but it'll be awesome for configuration data.

Quite ! specially for very small remote sensors using the mini ! Configuration yes, daily values ... not really since 10,000 cycles (about 27 years if one per day)

And of course, Netduino Plus has MicroSD support...so you can store data there easily too.

Was thinking of the mini or normal ones :)

#13238 PanAndTilt

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 04:20 PM in Project Showcase

Thanks Michel for the heads-up.

No thanks needed, I'm much of a newbie too so ... just saw the diagram and got shivers ... lol

#13236 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 04:10 PM in General Discussion

What can I do ? Already following (Zoner42) and looking at the docs ... need directives please :)

#13234 PanAndTilt

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 02:55 PM in Project Showcase

I thought we should never connect motors directly to the netduinos because of spikes ... just a thought !

#13233 How to manual read/write internal flash?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 02:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

.NET MF 4.2 (beta coming by summer) includes a new "simple storage" mechanism for storing data on-chip. We'll be embracing this in the Netduino 4.2 firmware to enable you to read/write data from your Netduino app as well.

Just to see that I understand : lets say you have a normal netduino with XBee but no SD card, you could send info to the netduino that would persist even after power recycling (like encryption key or remote ip address of neighbor sensor or ...) ? That could be interesting :)

#13204 Analog input varying too much on temp sensor (LM335A)

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 12:24 AM in General Discussion

Please note that the analog-digital converter on the Netduino is 10-bit, but it is not uncommon to lose 1- or 2-bits of accuracy with integrated microcontroller ADCs (for a variance of 2-4 on the 0-1023 scale).

I have been trying to get stable data from a LM335A Temperature sensor and I do get a variation of 3 to 4 out of 1023. You say this is normal ? When I look at the oscilloscope data, it is quite stable (better using 10 pF capacitor) but still a variance of 3 to 4 ... you say this is normal ? The variation on the oscilloscope is does not even equate 2 out of 1023 so why more variance ?

A variance of 3 would make sense since the LM335A Temperature sensor is 1C accuracy which equates to 3 out of 1023, therefore a variance of 3 would be exactly the accuracy of the sensor. Am I making sense here ? But the oscilloscope seems to be more stable than what the Analog pin gives out ... why would that be ? The voltage to be read is more stable than the values obtained by the analog pin reading ... why ?

I use 3.3V with a 300 Ohm resistor and a 10 pF capacitor.

I did see that I have 3.250 instead of 3.3 when I put the oscilloscope on the power thread on the breadboard ... why I do not know ... shouldn't be 3.3 ? (was using USB power)

#13203 Fancy a challenge - X Prize Tricorder

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 May 2011 - 08:47 PM in General Discussion

Are you a doctor or something ? lol

#13169 Netduino/Android - is it possible

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 May 2011 - 12:38 PM in General Discussion

Thanks, I'll look into it :)

#13168 MFDeploy: Deployment Status "Executing Application"

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 May 2011 - 12:37 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You guys are too fast lol ... I clicked on the #x and copied the url it points to :) And welcome to the community !

#13149 Netduino/Android - is it possible

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 May 2011 - 12:37 AM in General Discussion

You can already use your Windows Phone to control a Netduino Plus-based accessory via WiFi.

Can you point at code 'cause I would like to know how to do just that :) Please ? I know, off topic since mainly phone Wifi coding ... but a link would be very much appreciated :)

#13148 Little Tutorial on the NetduinoMini and XBee Connections

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 May 2011 - 12:30 AM in Netduino Mini

#13147 MFDeploy: Deployment Status "Executing Application"

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 May 2011 - 12:19 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Several people have mentioned using a "hold button down" technique to unfreeze MFDeploy.

This one ?

#13127 N+ Serial Read Frequency

Posted by Michel Trahan on 11 May 2011 - 02:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

My first thought would be : writting to an SD card is SLOW ...

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.