Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

br549's Content

There have been 9 items by br549 (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12617 Netduino Plus Sold Out

Posted by br549 on 28 April 2011 - 08:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I've got a shopping list of things I'm going to get from them and have held off until the Netduino Plus comes in.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10186

Got my e-mail from Sparkfun "Hello, There are now 26 units of the Netduino Plus (DEV-10186) immediately available for purchase from SparkFun Electronics.".

By the time I got home to get my order together they were all sold out! Those things are selling like hot cakes!

#12425 Netduino Plus home automation

Posted by br549 on 23 April 2011 - 02:50 AM in Project Showcase

We're working on that. :)

Today the answer is: sign an NDA with Sigma Designs, buy Sigma's Z-Wave devkit (~$3000 on Digikey), build .NET MF library to support Z-Wave, turn your Netduino into the ultimate home automation device, etc. But we have some ideas...

Chris

If your ideas include a ZMxxxx Wireless Module netduino shield and driver combo I'm in! I'm looking for turnkey here! :D

#12422 Netduino Plus home automation

Posted by br549 on 22 April 2011 - 11:48 PM in Project Showcase

br549: thanks for supporting my old company :)

Thanks for creating a great product.

I guess it's only fitting that I ask, how do I turn the netduino into a z-wave device that will appear in the ThinkEssentials interface as a device that can be acted upon?

#12260 Netduino Plus home automation

Posted by br549 on 19 April 2011 - 11:59 PM in Project Showcase

Z-Wave looks passable but the only double switches I've seen are one normal switch and one transmitter only. It seems to be dying off too.

I've been using Z-wave for about a year and I'm happy with it. I bought the ThinkStick Z-Wave USB Adapter. You can develop directly against it with .net or use the ThinkEssentials (Professional Edition) interface. I've iterated through my lights turning them on and off programmatically and it just works.
http://www.controlth...hinkessentials/

They have a good forum
http://forums.controlthink.com/

I purchased all GE lighting:
http://www.jascoproducts.com/z-wave/

ThinkEssentials showing my setup with 10 lights, furnace, and three door sensors.
Posted Image

The door sensors turn on lights and I'm eventually going to hook up an alarm. I have outside lights turn on and off after dusk. I shut all lights off at night at bedtime and off again after I leave in the morning (no more forgetting to turn the lights off). I have lights turn on automatically in the morning so I don't have to fumble for light switches. I have the furnace turn on and off automatically at set times. I can control everything remotely and check the status of everything remotely. I have lights turn on and off randomly while on vacation to make it appear that someone is home. I'm eventually going to add motion sensors running off the netduino and will be mixing z-wave and netduino's programmatically via webservices and web pages running on my home server.

#12186 Netduino Plus Sold Out

Posted by br549 on 17 April 2011 - 09:49 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

That sounds exactly like my setup! I've got a Netduino Plus permanently living in my garage controlling lights and the door. The Netduino is capable of hosting not just a web service but also the web ui too. I'm planning to write a slicker native Android ui but not got round to it yet.

Do you have your project posted? If so reply with the link.

#12134 Netduino Plus Sold Out

Posted by br549 on 15 April 2011 - 09:20 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi br549,

Gotcha. SparkFun is getting more next week. I believe they're fulfilling backorders with the units they're currently receiving...but hopefully they'll have some generally available soon too.

Chris

Thanks for the update. I've got two other netduino's that I've been playing with in the meantime.

My current project is an iPhone based garage door opener. I have a webpage talking to a web service talking to the netduino that operates a relay switch that opens my garage door! Now I want to go wireless with the netduino plus and have it host the web service directly so I can mount it in the garage!

Posted Image

#12131 Netduino Plus Sold Out

Posted by br549 on 15 April 2011 - 07:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Veetrik,

What country are you in? Netduino Plus is available from most Netduino resellers today.

http://www.netduino....pn=netduinoplus

Chris

Not showing up at Sparkfun yet. I've got a shopping list of things I'm going to get from them and have held off until the Netduino Plus comes in.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10186

#10881 Netduino Plus Sold Out

Posted by br549 on 13 March 2011 - 11:27 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I went to several of the sites selling the Netduino Plus and all are sold out. What is the status of these boards?

#10855 Serial.read via USB? yu know like on the good ol Arduino.

Posted by br549 on 12 March 2011 - 08:47 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

darkside40,
In the meantime, you can certainly use a serial shield and communicate with the PC via an RS232 cable...

I just recently purchased two netduino's. I got the netduino reading an LM335A temperature sensor and tried to read that data via a virtual com port into a windows app. I was surprised to find out the netduino doesn't show up as a virtual com port! Looking forward to using this functionality once you get it up and running.

Does anyone have a sample of using a RS232 shield or a 3.3V USB-to-TTL cable to do this?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.