PhilG's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

PhilG's Content

There have been 9 items by PhilG (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53946 Application Deployment problems

Posted by PhilG on 10 November 2013 - 02:54 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I think I followed the directions correctly.  It tells me that the specified location does not contain information about my hardware and then cycles back to the previous screen (see attached). 

More info:  I tried uninstalling the driver first and got the same result.  I also downloaded the SDK again and ran repair but that didn't help. 

So, if I were to replace my NPs  with NP2's would this problem be fixed along with the data corruption problems I have had after writing to SD and power cycling?  I need to spend more of my time doing code development.

#53928 Application Deployment problems

Posted by PhilG on 09 November 2013 - 01:11 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am having very little luck getting a hex file from MFDeploy.  I am using an NP with 4.2.0.1 firmware and XPSP3.  When I hold the button down and reconnect the USB cable (no power adapter used) MFDeploy will very occasionally return the required [font="'times new roman';"]"Pinging… TinyBootloader"[/font] and then I can successfully create a hex file.  Sometimes I have to unplug/replug the NP continuously (experimenting with the length of the button push) before it catches and I can create a hex file.  I have tried it while connected directly to the PC and through a hub with no difference.

I want to spend more time debugging code and less fiddling with this silliness. Is there an alternative way to get the hex file? 

#49714 Using MFDeploy for loading my code

Posted by PhilG on 21 May 2013 - 08:49 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If I hold the reset button while powering up my Netduino + it sometimes works.  Very flakey though.  You know when it's going to work if you do a Ping and it returns info on the bootloader rather than the TinyCLR.

#49237 Using MFDeploy for loading my code

Posted by PhilG on 08 May 2013 - 03:49 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Can I use MFDeploy to load my code into the Neduino Plus?  How would I do that? I ahve a prototype of a product at another location that needs a update to my code.

#49067 SD card file corruption

Posted by PhilG on 05 May 2013 - 05:20 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Noom,

Ok. Does the Netduino Plus have the abiltiy to notify my program of  brownout or power down to allow me to take the appropriate action?  And, do I have program control over mounting and unmounting?  Should I mount, write and unmount each time?

#49031 SD card file corruption

Posted by PhilG on 04 May 2013 - 04:05 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am having a problem with SD card file corruption when the power is cycled.  If I write to the card and then later interrupt the power, the file is set to 0kB.  The problem does not seem to happen if no writes have occurred since the last power up.

philG

Here's the write routine:

public static void writeAllSettingsToSD(ArrayList settings)   {   if (!VolumeExist())   {   SDError = SDCardError.NoSDCard;   throw new IOException("NO SD card");   }   if (settings != null)   {   if (settings.Count != 0)   {   try   {   using (StreamWriter file = new StreamWriter(ROOTPATH + SETTINGSPATH, !append)) //fix this   {   foreach (string setting in settings)   {   file.WriteLine(setting);   }   file.Flush();   file.Close();   }   }   catch (IOException)   {   SDError = SDCardError.FileWriteError;   throw new IOException("SD Settings WRITE problem");   }   } //end if settings count != 0   } //end if settings != null   } //end writeToSD

#47028 Netduino Plus 4.2.0.0 bricked?

Posted by PhilG on 11 March 2013 - 07:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris,

I was able without too much further difficulty get my system debugged and deployed.  So now I thought it's time to build a second prototype to replace the one shiping out for further testing.  The process of updating the board didn't go any better than the first one.  After erasing a reinstalling a couple of times it is now okay. 

On another topic, how can I have someone in the field who doesn't necessarily have VS2010 update the application code? 

Phil

#46942 Netduino Plus 4.2.0.0 bricked?

Posted by PhilG on 09 March 2013 - 04:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris,

Today it seems to working without a problem. It was a long drudge to get to this place with a few cockpit errors thrown in because of the fiddly firmware update process.  So now with 4.2.0.1 things are working pretty well.  I did run into a problem where my app was debouncing IO pins with a case statement that had to change to else ifs because the pin definitions are no longer CONSTs but are STATICs.  It was a surprise but not a show stopper.  During the development last year I spent as much time babying the VS/Netduino connections than doing app development.  Hopefully that will no longer be the case. 

I think I will leave things as they are now and get back to development.

Thanks for the reply.

Phil

#46906 Netduino Plus 4.2.0.0 bricked?

Posted by PhilG on 08 March 2013 - 07:05 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have a Netduino Plus on which I have been developing on for a year.  My application was running on it just fine but I just got it back from the field to do a application update.  I could not get .NET 2010 dev system to connect to the board.  MFDeploy would only occasionally connect and it showed v4.2.0.0. I deleted .NET and Netduino SDK and updated to 4.2.0.1 and then erased the board.  When replugged into the PCs USB port, it installed a atmel6124.sys driver.  I ran SAM-BA and installed the TinyBootloaderDecompressor.bin from the 4.2.0.1 firmware release. Now  MFDeploy does not see the board at all.  I uninstalled the atmel driver and reconnected the Netduino and it reinstalled the atmel driver. 

I am using Win XP.  What am I doing wrong.  I really need to get this up and running quickly to get it back out for testing.

Update: I updated SAMBA from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2 with patch and reinstalled the driver.  Now SAMBA does not display anything after the connection page is clicked through.  It just keeps getting better.

Further update: Removed patch, rebooted PC, now SAMBA works.  Still doesn't change the device id to Netduino.

Following the step by step installation carefully turned the brick into a Netduino.  So far so good.

VS will still not deploy or debug the code.

MFDeploy 4.2.0.0 pings okay every time but Device/Capabilities says "Not Supported"

Redid the firmware update and now MFDeploy works okay.  Still can't deploy or debug from VS

If I unplug the USB cable after starting the Deploy it deploys.  Pretty ugly but if that's what has to happen then it will be done.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.