Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

William's Content

There have been 1 items by William (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2258 Netduino Without Headers

Posted by William on 14 September 2010 - 03:03 AM in General Discussion

Hi Joe. The Netduino comes fully assembled, but if we got enough requests we could certainly make them without the headers attached.

How are you using your Netduino that it would be helpful to not have headers?

Also, I've taken the headers off with a desolder gun and gentle use of plyers. But that was only because we were testing with different custom color headers--and I needed to see what each color looked like on the board :)

Chris

There are at least a couple of reasons I'd want to have it without headers installed.
1) The project box I have does not have the headroom, so I need to remove the headers.
2) The 'competition' does this as a matter of course.

I've also had the thought "can I turn off the power light". It's too bright for my usage.

And, can I get it without the barrel connector for power. Either leave a place to solder in my own power, or put JST connector.

But, for this post, I'd like to get one without headers simply to fit it in a smaller box.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.