Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

James's Content

There have been 5 items by James (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#43842 Blinkin' LED code not working

Posted by James on 21 January 2013 - 01:20 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Looks like my DLL versions were off, upgrading to the Netduino SDK 4.2.2 fixed the issue.  Thanks!!

#43669 Blinkin' LED code not working

Posted by James on 18 January 2013 - 04:05 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I updated my Netduino Plus 2 to the latest 4.2.2 firmware and tried the following code to flash the LED:

public static void Main() 		{ 			  OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false); 		  			  while (true) 			  { 				    led.Write(true); 				    Thread.Sleep(250); 				    led.Write(false); 				    Thread.Sleep(250); 			  } 		}

When I start debugging the blue LED at the top right comes on for a few seconds, so I'm sure it's working, but will not flash as I expected. Stranger still, if I press the button on the board the LED does light up, and Windows makes a "USB device attached" sound. Seems like a simple enough test, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

James

#43621 Netduino Plus 2 and NETMF 4.3?

Posted by James on 17 January 2013 - 09:49 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi,

I recently got a Netduino Plus 2 and I'd like to develop for it with VS 2012 and NETMF 4.3.  I installed the NETMF 4.3 SDK and latest Netduino SDK, created a new project and referenced the SecretLabs dlls as required.  I can build the source, but when I try to deploy to the Netduino I get an error that says the device has version 4.2 of an assembly while I'm trying to use 4.3.  Is it possible to develop for the Netduino Plus 2 using these software versions, or do I need to downgrade to 4.2?  Any advice on getting up and running with VS 2012 would be appreciated.  I tried to install VS 2010 after installing VS 2012 and ran into some issues, I'd rather not have to use 2010.

Thanks!

James

#31460 Where is the gold erase pad on the Netduino Plus?

Posted by James on 02 July 2012 - 03:02 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I can easily see the gold erase pad on the original Netduino - it's a square contact adjacent to Digital I/O Pin 0. However, on the Netduino Plus that same area has a smaller pad that looks silver and almost appears to have a dab of solder (not from me) on it. I probably have one of the earlier runs on the N+ if that makes any difference. Thanks!

#26205 Any issues developing on Windows 8 / Visual Studio 11?

Posted by James on 31 March 2012 - 07:11 PM in General Discussion

I was considering upgrading my main machine to Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Has anyone taken the plunge and tried working with the Netduino? I'm also curious if we can use the Visual Studio 11 beta with Netduino.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.