Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

ItsDL's Content

There have been 3 items by ItsDL (Search limited from 24-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#10111 RS232 Startup

Posted by ItsDL on 25 February 2011 - 12:21 AM in Netduino Mini

My wiring ended up being wrong in the RS232, what i thought was DTR was actually RX, thank you for your help.

#10055 RS232 Startup

Posted by ItsDL on 23 February 2011 - 07:44 PM in Netduino Mini

Chris, Thank you and Terry for the reply I am not using TTL, I am plugging directly into the back of the computer and getting the expected 12V swings. I have read that the Netduino Mini can handle this type of communication on pins 1-4. I have attempted reversing TX and RX and still fail to connect to the device. I have disconnected the DTR from the controller and have even attempted grounding the pin. I still can not deploy a program to the netduino via Visual Studio. I have attempted to ping the microcontroller with MFDeploy, but it comes up with the error "No response from the device". If there is crossover, would my signal ground need to be switched as well. I have wired the RS232 Cable to mimick the following. How can i ensure that the device is booted?

Attached Thumbnails

• rs232 with handshaking.gif

#10019 RS232 Startup

Posted by ItsDL on 23 February 2011 - 12:46 AM in Netduino Mini

I am new to the netduino mini. I recieved the microcontroller a couple of days ago and have yet to been able to connect to it through putty, tera term, or deploy any program through visual studio 2010. I am attempting to connect via a female/female RS232 cable. I cut off the one end of the cable and found through point to point RX(yellow), TX(orange), DTR (Red), and Signal Ground (brown) and connected them to pins 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively on the microcontroller and I plugged the other end directly into the PC. I have 9V on pin 24 and ground on both pins 23. Am I missing something? thanks David

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.