Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

kaiser's Content

There have been 4 items by kaiser (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#36211 Need Help with DFRduino motor Shield

Posted by kaiser on 28 September 2012 - 11:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Finally, I made it. It turns out that nothing wrong with the wiring and programming. The root cause is my track were too tight and motor cannot be drive properly... I used the twin gearbox and chassis made by Tamiya. When I took off the track, it runs OK! Next step, I'd like to consider if I need switch to external power maybe give two 9V battery connected in parallel way. Thank you guys, you do give me a lot of help!

#36196 Need Help with DFRduino motor Shield

Posted by kaiser on 28 September 2012 - 05:50 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello guys, I plug a 9V power to the netduino this time and try to run the program again, it didn't work yet. I noticed there're 4 LEDS near the Motor pin. when I set MotorDriver.SetState(HBridge.Motors.Motor2, 50); it always red light on, if I gave MotorDriver.SetState(HBridge.Motors.Motor2, -50); the green light on. However, when I mount the Motor on the pin, there's no more green light, the RED light always ON with some sound and I feel hot from L298P chip. I'm afraid if the chip will explode :blink: Any guys have idea how will it comes? Please HELP!

#36018 Need Help with DFRduino motor Shield

Posted by kaiser on 26 September 2012 - 03:08 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi kaiser and welcome to the forums!

What kind of motors do you use, and what kind of power source?

On your image I see just USB connected. USB doesn't give any power to the Vin pin, hence the motors won't get power too. I -think- that's the problem.

Yes, that's what I doubt too. I will order a power supply for it and see if it works. :lol:

#35996 Need Help with DFRduino motor Shield

Posted by kaiser on 26 September 2012 - 02:20 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello guys, I'm a newbie of netduino and I just read some thread from this forum to start my netduino robot project. finally I decide to use the DFRobot's motor shield. Unfortunately, When I hook up everything and run the sample from forum, Nothing happens to my motor. I'm pretty sure the motors works fine, so I think maybe something wrong with my wiring, Can you guys help to figure out what's wrong this it. I even wonder if the shield cannot work at all. I noticed the controller for this shield is L298P, but the demo code works on L298N, will this cause the problem? Here I attached the sample code. There's no compile error or run time exception happens at all. it just doesn't work for my motor. I set break point for these code and it seems work correctly. HBridge MotorDriver = new HBridge(new Netduino.PWM(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D6), Pins.GPIO_PIN_D7, new Netduino.PWM(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5), Pins.GPIO_PIN_D4); // Motor 1 half speed backward MotorDriver.SetState(HBridge.Motors.Motor1, -50); // Motor 2 half speed forward MotorDriver.SetState(HBridge.Motors.Motor2, 50); // Lets run for 5 seconds Thread.Sleep(5000); // Motor 1 full speed backward MotorDriver.SetState(HBridge.Motors.Motor1, -100); // Motor 2 full speed forward MotorDriver.SetState(HBridge.Motors.Motor2, 100); // Lets run for 5 seconds Thread.Sleep(5000); // Stops both motors MotorDriver.SetState(HBridge.Motors.Motor1, 0); MotorDriver.SetState(HBridge.Motors.Motor2, 0);

Attached Thumbnails

• 20120925_221058.jpg

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.