Fred's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Fred's Content

There have been 11 items by Fred (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#61162 Netduino Go / Misrepresentation

Posted by Fred on 05 January 2015 - 03:05 PM in General Discussion

The Go is as dead as the Agent Watch. Guess what idiot bought both.  :(

#59832 Netduino Plus 2 for $40

Posted by Fred on 21 August 2014 - 01:35 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

From a UK reseller that I assume was clearing out older stock. They still have 2 left right now.

http://www.coolcompo...ment-board.html

The hands-on went well. Got everyone playing with switches, LEDs, PWM (servos and LED dimming) and a little bit of I2C to some random peripherals I had lying around. Difficult squeezing this into a lunch hour though.

#59729 Netduino Plus 2 for $40

Posted by Fred on 15 August 2014 - 03:52 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I just bought 8 x Netduino 1's on clearance for £10 each. Perfect for an intro to microcontrollers session that I'm about to do for my colleagues (C# developers). It's just gone from a talk to a hands-on lab. Should be fun.

#59164 New Modules Seen in the Wild

Posted by Fred on 11 July 2014 - 10:49 AM in Netduino Go

Unless there are huge things just about to be announced as part of the Microsoft IoT push, the Go still seems dead in the water. Mine has sat unused in its box since I excitedly bought one when it first came out. I expect it to stay there.

#58988 Windows on Devices? When?

Posted by Fred on 03 July 2014 - 12:51 PM in General Discussion

That's what I got about a week ago. Such quick replies that it had to be automatic. Nothing since.

#58950 Windows on Devices? When?

Posted by Fred on 29 June 2014 - 08:05 PM in General Discussion

Some more info (from Build back in April) shows that it's more like a version of Windows Embedded than NETMF. Skip to about 51:00 to see a demo of an app built and deployed to the Galileo.

http://channel9.msdn...uild/2014/2-511

#58908 Windows on Devices? When?

Posted by Fred on 26 June 2014 - 12:45 PM in General Discussion

Thanks. That pretty much clears it up. Personally I think MF makes more sense than Windows Embedded or RT, but as the original Galileo runs Linux it had me wondering.

#58906 Windows on Devices? When?

Posted by Fred on 26 June 2014 - 10:54 AM in General Discussion

A bit of searching revealed nothing concrete, but I'm now starting to suspect it could be Windows Embedded rather than .NET MF. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

#58902 .NET MF v4.Next

Posted by Fred on 26 June 2014 - 09:39 AM in General Discussion

That link no longer seems to work.

#58901 Windows on Devices? When?

Posted by Fred on 26 June 2014 - 09:24 AM in General Discussion

Does anyone have any info on what to expect from this? They clearly show a Galileo, so it's a safe bet that that's the hardware. Is it likely to be running .NET MF?

I have to add that it's shocking that "Netduino/.NET MF wan't included in the list of dev boards you'd used. I know it's not the most popular environment, but on Microsoft's own site...

#56526 Dive Computer and Rebreather Controller Based on a Netduino Mini

Posted by Fred on 28 February 2014 - 10:59 AM in Project Showcase

The homebrewed Mini 2 is very nice. Is it running .NETMF or are you coding it directly in C?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.