Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

SoundWave's Content

There have been 11 items by SoundWave (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#37153 Debug Shieldbase

Posted by SoundWave on 14 October 2012 - 05:54 AM in Netduino Go

Hi SoundWave,

Are you using a USB-TTL cable? If you plug your TX wire into D0 and your RX wire into D1 and then your GND wire into one of the GND pins...you should be able to ping it from MFDeploy.

Chris

That's kind of what I was assuming from your other post but in doing exactly that I get no response so I'm starting to think the cable is shot.

Thanks

#37151 Debug Shieldbase

Posted by SoundWave on 14 October 2012 - 05:50 AM in Netduino Go

Am I understanding correctly that I can use pins d0,d1 on the shieldbase to debug the shieldbase and run custom firmware on it? If so in trying this several times I get no response but am having a hard time telling if it's something I'm doing or the cable I have doesn't work.

#37073 Evaluating the NGo

Posted by SoundWave on 12 October 2012 - 06:55 AM in Netduino Go

Actually, somewhere I saw that the hub is basically a main board but with a gobus port instead of USB and also a power jack. Has the hardware for the hub been layer out yet? If so is it possible to get the design to get a board or 2 made and I can make what features I need to support this until the official hub comes out? Then just use the main board to reflash it (assuming the hardware is still the same). I'd be willing to help in whatever way I can in developing the hub.

#37072 Evaluating the NGo

Posted by SoundWave on 12 October 2012 - 06:19 AM in Netduino Go

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't really want to at this time divulge what the product is but I would like to use it in both prototype and production but while most of the time frame for those modules is easy for me to work with the one that isn't is the hub. I need to be able to support at a minimum of about 14 modules preferably up to about 25 but that's a later deal. My time frame is to have it running by the end of the year. Not necessarily with everything but still would need more than 8 modules running at a time to make sure it's even possible. I believe that the mainboard is powerful enough for what I need but running what I will be I'll probably get towards the upper end. I'm glad to hear that it should be possible to automate an entire update. So in total it sounds to me like everything I need is doable and within reach except the hub, the only other way I thought about doing it was just making my own communication between 2 mainboards but that's not really my ideal solution. I wish I knew a enough about the hardware to effectively make my own hub as the programming end what I don't know I'll figure out extremely quickly.

#37069 Evaluating the NGo

Posted by SoundWave on 12 October 2012 - 04:03 AM in Netduino Go

Before I start, I'm evaluating the NGo for use in a product that I'm starting to prototype so this is going to be a fairly long post. I'm under some pressure to get this moving quickly and don't want to waste time using it if I won't be able to finish it in the time I have. I have played with the NGo and the shieldbase and have to say I'd really like to be able to use it. The questions I have are. 1. I see that the shieldbase now supports spi which is one of the things I needed; now all I really need still from the shieldbase is to be able to use more than one. Is it possible to get an idea of when it might be moved over? 2. Next is when are the SD and Ethernet modules expected to be available 3. The last thing worth of hardware is probably the biggest need which is the Hub. I see that it's supposed to be with GoBus 2.0? Somewhere I believe I saw that it's estimated at early next year? Is there any way to get one early maybe? (I'd be willing to help test it alongside building this) I also so in another thread someone asking about increased RAM and mention of making a higher end NGO mainboard if demand was there. I'd be willing to look into that as I might be pushing the limits of the mainboard for this project but that’s not as big of a priority for me at the moment. The other thing I would like to know isn’t about hardware. I see from the shieldbase update that basically what’s happening if I understand this correctly is when you run that project its putting a program on the board that takes with it the resources that are the flash files it needs to update the shieldbase. When you hit the button it then updates a shieldbase attached to port 5. In looking at it you can update it on any port by telling it which one it’s connected to? Will you be able to do something similar to update a module attached to the hub either by basically loading an app on the mainboard that flashes the hub that then flashes the module then after the modules are updated it then flashes the hub back with its firmware to run or will the hub just pass through whatever runs on the mainboard to flash the module. Is it also possible to automate updating the mainboard basically so you can have one program to loop over all the modules including those attached to the hubs and update them then all in some sequence that ends with all modules updated, the hubs updated and the mainboard updated. I understand that you can update program on the mainboard with MFDeployEngine but can you automate updating the firmware. Sorry for the long post. Hopefully I will be able to use the NGo for this. I look forward to any help I can get and thank you in advance!

#36422 The GoBus Upgrade

Posted by SoundWave on 02 October 2012 - 07:10 PM in Netduino Go

What's the expected time frame for the hub, when will it be available? I see you say that they'll be a part of GoBus 2.0 and realize that 1.5 just came out but was just wondering what the expected time frame is. Thanks, Chris

#36039 Shield Base and GoBus 1.5 beta source

Posted by SoundWave on 27 September 2012 - 12:56 AM in Netduino Go

Thank you for the release of the source code. If I where to want to tinker in the code to play around with an idea I have how would I go about getting it onto the shieldbase? Next question is how would I go about updating both the NGo and the shieldbase from within a custom windows application. Is it possible to do that? I would like to be able to make an automated update for the mainboard and the shieldbase to use in an idea for a hardware/program combination I had. Thanks, Chris

#35902 Introducing GoBus 1.5

Posted by SoundWave on 24 September 2012 - 05:01 PM in Netduino Go

Didn't think about it in my previous post but will the shield base support SPI now as a part of this?

#35875 Introducing GoBus 1.5

Posted by SoundWave on 24 September 2012 - 01:52 AM in Netduino Go

Sounds great and can't wait to try it out. Keep up the good work!

#35869 Introducing GoBus 1.5

Posted by SoundWave on 23 September 2012 - 11:01 PM in Netduino Go

When might I be able to start using GoBus 1.5? In the original post it sounds like its soon was just wondering if I could get some clarification as to when I might be able to use it.

Over the coming weeks, we'll be updating Netduino Go and the Shield Base to GoBus 1.5. We'll also be sharing a fully-C# implementation of the GoBus transport layer which can be used on regular Netduinos.

Chris

#35556 Starting place for Netduin Go Module

Posted by SoundWave on 19 September 2012 - 09:41 PM in General Discussion

Hello, recently I got a Netduino Go and also the shield base. One of the projects I would like to try to do is remake a project I did a while back with 4 arduinos communicating over rs485 (No currently I cannot tell you what this is for, but I do plan to open source the design if I can get it to work). Basically it's a master that just tells the other 3 to do certain things. I would like to remake that with the netduino go by making a module to take the place of the 3 slaves. The slaves need to have a minimum of 12 preferably more like 20 (room for expansion) digital io pins and at least 6 preferably more like 12 analog inputs. The modules themselves will probably need to run a fair bit of logic on their own and just receive commands from the main board and sometimes respond. Would this be something where I just adapt the shieldbase to do what I want? The problem I see with adapting the shield base is that it takes up a whole bus if I'm not mistaken and I need a minimum of 3 of these but would again like to be able to connect more. The next part to that is, is it possible to connect more than 8 modules to the main board. I have a basic understanding of the boards, not so much about how the processor works or how to design the circuit for it. I would prefer to use the netduino go as C# has been my primary language for around 5 years and I like its setup. Is it possible to get a starting point for the circuit and software for it from somewhere? I have a basic understanding of the electronics side of this, but the programming side I should have no problem with other than a starting point and how to get it on the board.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.