Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Benjamin's Content

There have been 3 items by Benjamin (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#9695 Netduino Firmware v4.1.1 ALPHA 7

Posted by Benjamin on 17 February 2011 - 07:09 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hi Chris,

this led-driver uses two kind of clocks. One is ment for the datatransmission (thus SPI-clk) and the other one for the PWM-timing. The SPI transfer which I use at 12-bit works fine. However this grayscale clock (GSCLK) is causing me a headache.

The problem with this is that the internal counter of the driver is using the grayscale clock as a trigger (for counting). When it reaches 4096 (12 bit) it does not reset automatically. This has to be done by activating(BLANK) exactly after 4096 GSCLK cycles. While blank is active, the outputs are off.
One of the other things is that new data can be shifted in during a "grayscale cycle" but only can be latched at the end of it. So this driver needs some specific timing and I think native code is a better solution at this point in time because of performance.

I have really tried to make it work (e.g. by using the PWM class for blank and gsclk) but for now I think I will look for another driver.

By the way, do you think there is another solution?

#9642 Netduino Firmware v4.1.1 ALPHA 7

Posted by Benjamin on 16 February 2011 - 09:29 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Variable bit-SPI is working fine. However I got some other problems with my LED_driver (timing of GSCLK) but noticed I was not the only one.
This LED-driver seems not to be the best choice in combination with the netduino. Anyway.. I will continue my search but keep up the good work!

Greetzz

#9546 Netduino Firmware v4.1.1 ALPHA 7

Posted by Benjamin on 14 February 2011 - 07:00 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Thanx Chris, I appreciate all the effort. I am going to tryout the advanced SPI feature to control a TLC5940 led-driver (12-bit), I will keep you informed :) Greetz Benjamin

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.