Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Irishgreen's Content

There have been 5 items by Irishgreen (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#36120 Pan/Tilt Mobile Platform

Posted by Irishgreen on 28 September 2012 - 04:50 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thank you again for your advice! I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

#36119 Mono Help?

Posted by Irishgreen on 28 September 2012 - 04:47 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello, Newbie here trying to install Mono on my Netduino. Reason being that I own a Mac. I borrowed a friend's laptop and have been following the instructions from Appendix B of "Getting started with Netduino" but unfortunately can't get past the first step of "preparing the netduino." I've unzipped the bootstrap program, but when I try to bring it up in Visual Studio on the Windows laptop per the instructions I get the error message... "One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly. Please see the Output Window for details" Then when I go to the output window there are two lines of output, both beginning with the path to the file I unzipped followed by these two error messages "error : Unable to read the project file 'MonoNetduinoBootloader.csproj'." and "The project could not be loaded. Could not find a part of the path.....(then it listed the file path again) Any ideas how I screwed up the first step? Thank you! Adam

#35568 Pan/Tilt Mobile Platform

Posted by Irishgreen on 20 September 2012 - 04:24 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I apologize, this is the book I was referring to. http://www.amazon.co...rds=ios arduino

#35567 Pan/Tilt Mobile Platform

Posted by Irishgreen on 20 September 2012 - 04:03 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thank you for the help!!! I really appreciate it! Unfortunately no, I am not an IOS developer. I've done quite a bit of html and some java but IOS is also new to me. I found this book which will hopefully help me learn the ropes. Are there any other research/reference materials that might help with this development? Thanks again!

#35400 Pan/Tilt Mobile Platform

Posted by Irishgreen on 17 September 2012 - 05:48 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello! Brand new to the Netduino world (as in just made the LED blink for the first time) and fascinated by this amazing little wonder! I just finished both MAKE books and wondering if I could get some advise regarding hardware purchases and/or any other ideas for a pan/tilt lighting project my daughter requested. I'm trying to see if I can figure out how to make it and quickly realizing I unknowingly promised a rather large project! The end result of this project will be an internet based iphone app to control a camera/light combo mounted on a pan/tilt system. We have to travel quite a bit for my job, and my daughter worries our pet cat is just as afraid of the dark as she is every night when we are away. Try as I might, I haven't found a way to convince her the cat is ok...and since my daughter is only 4 I'm going to try to put her mind at ease with this project I have in mind. I'd like to make the iphone app so she can check in on the cat from the road via the camera with an attached searchlight to pan around the room and find the cat. Once she finds the cat she wants to be able to turn on a colored nightlight for the cat and sing it a bedtime song over the phone. With the camera, lights, and speakers I'm guessing the pan/tilt turret will need to be fairly robust to account for carrying 5-10lbs of the various components. I know this whole project seems a little far fetched, and honestly I'm not even sure this is possible...but if all I have to lose is my time then I figure I better give it a try. Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks and have a great day! Adam

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.