Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

gratz's Content

There have been 2 items by gratz (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1511 a few deploy via serial questions

Posted by gratz on 29 August 2010 - 08:49 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Wow quick response, and thanks for the welcome :) So the most UART comms links I can have at any one time is two because one of the three always has to be allocated for deployment.. And in serial deployment mode, this would allow me to do Tx / Rx comms with the PC via the USB and Tx / Rx with a another serial device connected to COM2 (D2 / D3). "We are also working on a HID project so that you can deploy/debug over D0/D1 and read/write data with your PC in a driverless fashion." - This would then allow me to have effectively have 3 UARTs in the way mentioned in the last paragraph of my previous message? Sorry if I've misunderstood..

#1508 a few deploy via serial questions

Posted by gratz on 29 August 2010 - 08:29 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I've been researching the newer boards around at the moment and the netduino caught my eye so I started investigating the PC / board communications and found this thread, so before I go ahead and buy one I have a few questions relating to the comms... Am I correct in understanding this thread, in that the netduino has 2 x UART ports as standard (dedicated interrupt driven ports - not bit banged) but there is no PC to netduino virtual serial by default but to get round it you can update the firmware to make the USB of the netduino behave as a virtual com port? Is this communication between PC and netduino via the USB socket then in both directions PC -> netduino and vice versa? I'm assuming the use of virtual serial via the USB doesn't override either of the other dedicated ports like the arduino does on pins 0 and 1? By updating the firmware for the virtual USB serial comms to take place this means that future program uploads to the board have to be done by one of the other dedicated serial ports? Am I also right then in thinking that after a program upload (without debugging) that I would be left with communications in both directions between the PC and netduino via USB *AND* still have 2 UART ports available to read / write to / from other devices all at the same time? Thanks

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.