Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

yyrkoon's Content

There have been 2 items by yyrkoon (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#34703 Homebrew fermentation temperature controller

Posted by yyrkoon on 05 September 2012 - 11:04 PM in General Discussion

Ok, I just found these https://www.sparkfun...products/11042. I know that my freezer pulls 12A on start-up so I would need to solder directly to the board on the load side. Does anyone see any issues with using these?

jimox, the link you provided issues a 404 page not found web error. However I would like to add that I would be very interested, in what you come up with. We're 100% off-grid here, using solar to charge our batteries . . . and run a chest freezer off our inverter. Have been considering doing something like this myself, but for the purpose of shutting off the AC outlet at the freezer when battery voltage gets too low.

#34702 New to this platform

Posted by yyrkoon on 05 September 2012 - 10:47 PM in General Discussion

First, I would like to start off in saying that I do have some experience with embedded development. Some knowledge of electronics, but I am not an electronics engineer by any stretch of the imagination. However, I plan on improving on the latter. Have been programming in one language or another since around 93 (as a hobbyist ). Very familiar with the standard .NET framework / BCL. Anyway, the first question I have is which MF SDK to install. 4.2 or 4.1 ? This is not very clear from the main pages I have seen so far. From what I can gather from reading through the information provided in the above links seems to indicate it really depends on which version of the NETDuino that I use. However, based on experiences with the standard .NET framework. This does not make sense to me. I do not have hardware yet, but it is my understanding that I should be able to simulate the hardware from within Visual C# express ? Again, not clear on this point, but I did a lot of reading last night, but perhaps not enough. Which leads me to my first comment. What is available, in hardware is not made plain under the hardware link at the top of these pages. Schematics / hardware layout perhaps, but not very clear at a glance. Where are the links for the NETDuino Go, plus, mini, etc ? A picture or two, plus a detailed hardware explanation as what is done for what I can only assume is the "standard" NETduino platform ( ? ) would be nice. Also, the captcha implementation used for registration is . . . well let me just say that it took me 4-5 tries to register successfully. Glad it is over lol. With all the above said. It is not my intention so belittle this project, or those who took their time to make it happen. Quite the contrary actually. I am hoping that my comments will be taken as constructive criticism, and acted on accordingly. This project is actually exactly what I was looking for a couple years ago when I ran across the .NET FEZ on SparkFun's ( I think ) web pages.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.