Bernd's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Bernd's Content

There have been 19 items by Bernd (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53860 Powering Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bernd on 07 November 2013 - 01:14 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ok.

Thanks for the help. If I understand it right it is not recommend to power the NP2 via the 5V pin. So I think I have find a alternative to powering the NP2. I find several boards that are able to pull up the voltage. So I will take the 7.2V of the accu pack an pull it up to 9V and connected that to the connector barrel of the NP2. This boards only costs 4-5€ so I think thats a save solution.

#53854 Powering Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bernd on 06 November 2013 - 10:51 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hy sjmill01,

thanks for your answer. Do supply the barrel connector with a 7.2V accu pack or with really 7.5V ? Because my Problem is that i have only 7.2V or 5V. 

#53852 Powering Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bernd on 06 November 2013 - 10:32 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,

I have a Problem with powering my netduino plus 2. I have a 7.2V accu pack that goes to a constant voltage power unit with 5V. So I have 7.2V or 5V to disposal. I don't want to use the USB Port for the power supply, because I have Change the USB connector every time when I would like to make changes on the Netduino. The round connector and the Vin Ports have 7.5V - 9V is this right ? Is there any possibility to supply the NP2 ?

#50516 I2C LCD not working on Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bernd on 16 June 2013 - 02:08 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I use the NP2 and the V4.2.2.2. If I get it right, I have to use a pull up resistor on both wire to the positive potential. The I2C Output is 3.3V . Can i connect the pull ups to 5V or is it still better to connect the resistors to 3.3V ? ******* I just found a thread in the board that answer my question. So i think the Outputs are in the Open Collector mode and so the high signal must generate via pull up resistors. So I can pull up to 5V. I think this must be fine

#50443 Netduino Plus Network Problem

Posted by Bernd on 12 June 2013 - 04:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

So I have make still some test. But I didn't get the right IP-Adress from the NetworkInterfaceClass, when didn't debug the netduino. Does anybody made a same experience with the this class ? Is the NP1 in the debug mode in the TinyCLR. Or is where a problem to get the right adress in the TinyCLR. Or does anybody have an another idea to the renew the address when DHCP failed during power up the system ?

#50404 Netduino Plus Network Problem

Posted by Bernd on 10 June 2013 - 06:39 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am not sure but I think there is a bug: 

Sub main()

While True

If (Eth0(0).IPAddress = "192.168.178.33")) Then   Onboard_LED.Write(Not Onboard_LED.Read)   End If

Thread.Sleep(1000)

End while

End Sub

When I debug the netduino the LED is blinking. When I stop Debugging and reboot the NP1, when the LED is not blinking but I can ping the Netduino with the IP Address 192.168.178.33. Thats strange I think or not ?

#50403 Netduino Plus Network Problem

Posted by Bernd on 10 June 2013 - 05:49 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I think I have found the problem. So  when I powered up the Wireless N-Adapter Netgaer WNCE2001 and the NP1 together the NP1 doesn't get a IP-Adress. Before I am looking for a hardware solution I have tested a software solution:

While True   Onboard_LED.Write(False)   Thread.Sleep(1000)   If (Eth0(0).IPAddress = "192.168.178.33") Then   Exit While   Else   Eth0(0).ReleaseDhcpLease()   Thread.Sleep(5000)   Eth0(0).RenewDhcpLease()   Onboard_LED.Write(True)   Thread.Sleep(10000)   End If   End While

But now I have the problem that when I would like to Renew the IP-Adress it doesn't work. The NP1 always get IP 0.0.0.0 . I don't know where the problem is. Does anybody have got a suggestion ?

#50384 Netduino Plus Network Problem

Posted by Bernd on 09 June 2013 - 07:17 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello Paul, I have the Version 1. And I have install the Firmware Version 4.2.0.1 . I have also Problems with the WinUsb driver. Sometimes the NP1 is not detects by Win7. When I download the program and are in the debug mode Ethernet is going well. Otherwise I have to powered up the board again and sometines the Board is detect by the ping command and sometimes not.I have same problem with the WinUSB driver too.

#50371 Netduino Plus Network Problem

Posted by Bernd on 09 June 2013 - 02:16 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,

I have got a problem with my netduino plus. I would like to communicate via Ethernet with a pc. In the netduino I configure a static IP Adress. After I powered up the netduino it sometimes doesn`t build up a connection to the pc. So I can`t ping the netduino plus. When I reconnect the board sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn`t work. So my first thought was that I have a problem in the programm. So I delete the program and I have the same problem again. Can anybody help me with this problem ?

#50271 NP1 Ethernet Receive Buffer

Posted by Bernd on 04 June 2013 - 08:49 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ok

Thanks ziggurat29 for your fast answer. I have googled about the netbuff_alloc() and I think you are right. At the moment I am very busy but than I have free time, I will make some tests about that with different size of packets. I will give you a feedback.

#50218 NP1 Ethernet Receive Buffer

Posted by Bernd on 03 June 2013 - 03:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,

does anybody know the size of the Transmit and Receive buffer of the NP1 ? I want to communicate via UDP with the NP1. The UDP packet has 512byte and so I  wonder this will work, or I have to take care to send only packets that are not larger as the receive buffer.

I read the documentation of the ARM7, but I don't understand the relationships of the fifo buffer with 28byte to the receive buffer. The receive buffer consist of several buffers with a length of 128byte. But how does this buffer communicate with the fifo buffer ?

#48959 NP powered over USB Hub with dc/dc power supply

Posted by Bernd on 02 May 2013 - 06:07 PM in General Discussion

Hello, For my roboter I'm looking for one power supply to supply the logic of the NP, MotorController etc. So I have the idea to take a USB Hub connect all the boards over micro usb cables. And when I would like to supply the usb hub with a dc/dc converter with 5V that i will supply over a battery pack. My experience in electricity is a little limited, so I am not sure that will work. Does anybody know if this will work.

#48884 Static electricity and perspex

Posted by Bernd on 30 April 2013 - 04:22 PM in General Discussion

Ok. Thanks for your answers. My roboter case has got a alu base plate and the roundly sides consist of perspex . On base plate i want to screw a perspex plate and on this i would like to mounting the NP board. So at first i want to use metall standoffs to install the NP. But you are right maybe it is better to use nylon standoff. But when I 'm understandig right, in normal using where is no problem to mounting this board on a perspex plate.

#48861 Static electricity and perspex

Posted by Bernd on 29 April 2013 - 09:51 PM in General Discussion

Hi I want to build a roboter with a perspex housing in that I want to integrated the Netduino board, motor and servo controller. Can I mount the NP directly on the perspex plate in the paerspex housing ? I don't know wether i have to do something against static electricity to avoid to damage the board ?

#42556 Problem with PWM Setpulse

Posted by Bernd on 01 January 2013 - 07:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ok I found the problem. I have done a firmware update and now it works correctly.

Does anybody know where I can find the Wiki Pages ?

#42543 Problem with PWM Setpulse

Posted by Bernd on 01 January 2013 - 01:55 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,

I want to control a servo directly over the NP, via the PWM Port10. So I write the following code sequence:

Servoposition1.SetPulse(20000, 1500)

But it doesn't work. So the Signal must be 20ms Peak To Peak and the duration must be 1.5ms ? Or not ?

So I have control the signal with an Oszi and it shows 40ms Peak To Peak and a duration of 3.8ms ?

Does anybody know there the problem is ?

#40179 Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bernd on 25 November 2012 - 08:11 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ok thanks Chuck for the answer. I search this topic on the forum but I didn't found it. Ok so I think I can supply the Netduino P2 directly with 7 akku cells, because the current I need from the NP2 is low.

#40173 Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bernd on 25 November 2012 - 06:54 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello, I would like to buy the Netduino Plus 2. But I saw that the maximum Voltage on the barrel jacket ist up to 9V. The netduino plus has 12V. How can I supply it over the battery ? I would like to use Baby size. So I need 7 cells (7x1.2 =8.4V). Can I use this or is where a danger with overvoltage because the batteries have voltage fluctuations. Has anybody expierence with this ?

#39384 DFRobot Power Shield DFR0105

Posted by Bernd on 14 November 2012 - 09:55 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello, I want to use my netduino plus with a motor and Servo control shield (6V). So I'm looking for a power supply that fits to that system and I can supply the netduino plus motor and Servo with one battery pack. So I saw the power shield from dfrobot. But I can't find a documentation for that shield that is answer all my questions. The pin outs I think are compatible with the netduino plus. Thers are severals LED with 5V 3.3V 9V and 12V. - When I put a 7,2V power supply on the Input port of the power shield will the netduino supply over the Vin Port with 5V ? - Can anybody tell me the max current of the 5V power from this shield ? - What means the LED 5V,3.3V,9V and 12V ?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.