Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Izzmo's Content

There have been 3 items by Izzmo (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#155 Arduino vs. Netduino

Posted by Izzmo on 09 August 2010 - 04:04 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I agree with you somewhat, but you could argue that it could be derived in some shape for form since all the Arduino shields, I belive, are compatible with Netduino.

#43 Arduino vs. Netduino

Posted by Izzmo on 04 August 2010 - 02:06 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

As you start wanting to pause your code and step through it to fix a bug in your code... And especially if you like event-based programming, garbage collection, and threading... Well, that's where Netduino becomes the only option.

That is probably the biggest + in my book.

#30 Arduino vs. Netduino

Posted by Izzmo on 04 August 2010 - 02:53 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm a newb here and don't actually own the netduino (YET!), but from the videos, it looks like a lot of the shields you can buy for the Arduino work for the Netduino, as demonstrated with the colorimeter video. I think the main difference is the development for each. Arduino uses it's own open-source code (similar to C#) while the netduino actually uses C# and the .NET framework. I think the main selling point for them is people who are software people and have a job and code in C# daily will be able to pick and use the netduino with a fairly small learning curve. But again, this is just my observations.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.