Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

TinkeringTurtle's Content

There have been 9 items by TinkeringTurtle (Search limited from 19-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#62403 Ethernet Module Update

Posted by TinkeringTurtle on 03 May 2015 - 01:02 AM in Netduino Go

Well, the Netduino GO has been removed from the Hardware page.

It's still on the main page. Not sure it's disappearing entirely.

#60326 Netduino 2 with VGA/HDMI/DVI

Posted by TinkeringTurtle on 02 October 2014 - 06:41 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

In theory, yes. You could drive something like this via SPI/I2C but I don't think you'd like the performance very much. This isn't driving a display directly via VGA/HDMI/DVI though.

#60307 4 buttons in one html page for diferent ports

Posted by TinkeringTurtle on 30 September 2014 - 06:30 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You don't need to use iframes that render multiple pages to control multiple devices. How is your project setup?

Are you running a web server off of a Netduino? If so, you just need to handle multiple GET requests and set individual buttons to different requests that then control whatever it is that you are turning off and on again.

#60244 .NET Micro Framework V4.3 SDK-R2-Beta

Posted by TinkeringTurtle on 26 September 2014 - 09:13 PM in General Discussion

A roll-out of 4.3.2 for Netduino 1 would be awesome. I have about thirty of those now I think...

#60212 Small update from the .net MF team

Posted by TinkeringTurtle on 24 September 2014 - 10:03 PM in General Discussion

I like the new website Pete. Here's the announcement for those who haven't seen yet...

#60208 Buy makershield-kit in Germany

Posted by TinkeringTurtle on 24 September 2014 - 08:26 PM in General Discussion

The MakerShield kit's come un-assembled and are fairly small. Shipping shouldn't be that bad if you can find some place has them in stock. I have extra kits I could mail you if you strike out but it wouldn't be very fast, as I'd be shipping from the USA.

#60129 Control WS2811 LED Strip

Posted by TinkeringTurtle on 16 September 2014 - 05:41 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

On Netduino, the SPI itself is very fast, but the delay between one "Write" and another one is very long. So long that the natural delay itself could act as "start" for the ws2801 led strip.

In case someone runs across this thread, check out this tutorial to write your own low level write function to get around this...

https://learn.adafru...tduino/overview

#58668 De-Icing, Chickens, and Artificial Sunrise

Posted by TinkeringTurtle on 10 June 2014 - 09:55 PM in General Discussion

Not sure what region you are in, but if you're in a more severe region, you have to consider that even if you heat the pipe, the water will still probably freeze at the nipples. In mild winter regions, the age old trick has been to add molasses to the water. The sugar lowers the freezing point enough to cut it without being a detriment to your feathered friends.

Pardon the pun, but I'd be too chicken to run a pressurized water line out to the coop unless you have a herd of birds. I'd probably put a metal watering can/reservoir on top of a hollow cinder block with a 40W light bulb inside that heats the bottom of the water pan, controlled by a relay based on temperature thresholds. I can't speak to whether the submersible heater would cut it or not.

#58649 De-Icing, Chickens, and Artificial Sunrise

Posted by TinkeringTurtle on 09 June 2014 - 02:13 PM in General Discussion

How much pipe? Submersible heaters, like those used in aquariums, don't work well for heating long runs of pipe unless you recirculate the water. A re-circulation pump would use more energy than the heater would though.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.