Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

habakuk's Content

There have been 8 items by habakuk (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#34800 SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient Issue (Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security class)

Posted by habakuk on 07 September 2012 - 09:34 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have to disagree a bit. In my opinion ethernet isn't necessarily useless w/o SSL.

If you want to do something that requires login or to send data over public networks (aka Internet) you should encrypt it. And the webservice that i wanted to use only allows https-secured connections...

Also, it's not common to list limitations. Instead features are listed. You won't be able to stream 1080p videos with a Netduino Plus too, for example. In my opinion that's obvious. The processor speed and RAM just won't allow it.

I think that's a bit different as .Net Micro supports SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient but the Netduino throws a NotSupportedException. :net Micro doesn't promise to show video at all.

#34796 SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient Issue (Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security class)

Posted by habakuk on 07 September 2012 - 08:44 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

As far as I know the Netduino still has no SSL stack. Perhaps Chris could confirm this.

I tired it today with Netduino plus and MF 4.2 but there is still no support. Would have been nice to know this before I purchased it... (as ethernet is rather useless without SSL) - Are there any other limitations (that are also not listed on http://www.netduino....oplus/specs.htm).

#34644 .Net Micro 4.2: Add existing project --> deploying failed

Posted by habakuk on 04 September 2012 - 08:52 AM in Visual Studio

And my other question: I deleted some methods and classes an I now have 62296 bytes, but I still get the error. On http://www.netduino....oplus/specs.htm it says I have 64 KB Code storage - shouldn't that fit there? ((62296 / 1024 = 60,83) < 64 KB)

I updated my firmware to version 4.2.0.0 and now i can deploy my package with 62316 bytes.

Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 62316 bytes
Assemblies successfully deployed to device.

The other question, how to get a small package, is still a question. Are there any docs about that?

Ciao!
Stefan

#34642 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by habakuk on 04 September 2012 - 08:42 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris,

Could you please try upgrading to the .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 SDK and the Netduino 4.2.0.1 SDK on the downloads page?

You'll need the new WinUSB drivers for the device to work once TinyBooter is flashed.

I tried to install both packages, but they told me that they are already installed (that could be right, I reinstalled my system not long ago) - but now I looked in my installed programs and there are these versions listed:

• Microsoft .Net Micro Framework SDK 4.2 (QFE1)
  • Netduino SDK v4.2.0 (August 2012)

After manually uninstalling them and installing the newest version these versions are listed:

• Microsoft .Net Micro Framework SDK 4.2 (QFE2)
  • Netduino SDK v4.2.0 (August 2012)

Now I redeployed the bootloader and the firmware and it seams to work.

Thanks!
Stefan

#34598 .Net Micro 4.2: Add existing project --> deploying failed

Posted by habakuk on 03 September 2012 - 02:35 PM in Visual Studio

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your answer!

I'm afraid your app is too big for the code memory. Could you try to remove unused classes?

That's a bit disappointing... as I am first at the beginning of my project ;-(

How can I get my project small? What helps, what does the compiler automatically, to reduce the size?

And my other question: I deleted some methods and classes an I now have 62296 bytes, but I still get the error. On http://www.netduino....oplus/specs.htm it says I have 64 KB Code storage - shouldn't that fit there? ((62296 / 1024 = 60,83) < 64 KB)

And can I increase the space by adding a microSD card? Or is this only for data?

Thanks for your answers (Or your hint to the relevant docs)!

Ciao!
Stefan

#34595 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by habakuk on 03 September 2012 - 01:17 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi, Update from RC5 to 4.2.0 RTM doesn't work for me. After uploading the TinyBooterDecompressor the USB port (or the virtual serial port) is not recognized. I tried to use the bootloader from RC5, but after uploading the firmware the usb port is gone again. Only if I erase my Netduino plus (with the "golden erase pin") the usb port comes back again. If I reflash it with RC5 everything works. I downloaded the zip-file with the RTM firmware twice... Any idea? Ciao! Stefan

#34594 .Net Micro 4.2: Add existing project --> deploying failed

Posted by habakuk on 03 September 2012 - 12:35 PM in Visual Studio

I am trying to add an existing project (this ServiceBus example) to a .net micro 4.2 application. Visual Studio doesn't show any errors or relevant warnings, but if I try to deploy the app to my netduino I get an error message:

Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 71024 bytes
Assemblies not successfully deployed to device.
Deployment to the device was not successful.

and

An error has occurred. Please check your hardware

Any idea how I can get more information about this error?

Thanks!
Stefan

#34496 Netduino Emulator

Posted by habakuk on 31 August 2012 - 01:39 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The codeplex site is gone...; what is the alternative to emulate the Netduino?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.