Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Coyttl's Content

There have been 7 items by Coyttl (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#66811 Capability question..

Posted by Coyttl on 14 March 2017 - 06:52 PM in General Discussion

Thanks for your reply!

(Sorry for the looong delay in answering, too many work projects going on..)

#66178 Capability question..

Posted by Coyttl on 21 January 2017 - 09:44 PM in General Discussion

Hey guys -

I haven't messed with my N2 in.. a very long time. Mostly because of job changes, and a lot of other projects going on.

One such project is finished, and I'm lookin' to give it an accessory, namely, some data processing via a N3.

So, since my previous playing with the N2 had more to do with networking side of things, I thought I'd check -

Can the N3 support -

Two RS232 connections, at different baud rates.

Recording information received from said RS232 connections into txt files on the SD card.

Connecting (SPI?) to a cel signal (GSM, CDMA, doesn't matter at this time) to accept incoming / outgoing connections.

Not too worried about the details yet, as I'll have to get hardware, etc, but don't wanna have to start putting time towards this only to find out that the N3 can't handle what I need it to do. :)

Cheers!

Mike

#65502 Data Scan rate..

Posted by Coyttl on 05 August 2016 - 03:41 PM in Netduino 3

Thanks! Yeah, I can't use SPI unfortunately - looking into getting the Netduino connected up to the databus of an old 6809 processor, and it looks like I may have to do some filtering of address lines before the 'duino to filter out unwanted address calls.

Thanks!

-Mike

#65463 Data Scan rate..

Posted by Coyttl on 02 August 2016 - 12:02 PM in Netduino 3

This may be a silly question, but not knowing the proper/exact terminology to reference, added to the overhead of the .NET Micro Framework, I figured I'd ask here and get some input -

If I had a data bus running at 1Mhz (high -> low 1 every ms), would the Netduino 3 (hell, or 2 for that matter!) be able to scan Digital inputs fast enough to not lose any state changes?

I know the chip runs at a higher speed, but wasn't sure how much of that was put towards scanning ins/outs and put towards basic running of the MF.

Cheers -

Mike

#65385 Schematics Question

Posted by Coyttl on 20 July 2016 - 12:43 AM in Netduino 3

Okay, another (potentially) silly question..

A couple of inductors on the schematics (L2, for example) are simply labeled 'BEAD'. I don't have a Net3 in-hand yet, was wondering what these were?

--Mike

#65384 Schematics Question

Posted by Coyttl on 19 July 2016 - 11:55 AM in Netduino 3

If you look at the data sheet for the AX88796CLF, page 22 you will see that Pin 9 of the chip refers to the on chip regulator.  My brief reading of the data sheet suggests that the 3.3V input to the chip is used to drive the regulator which then outputs 1.8V on pin 9.

Regards,

Mark

Well thanks! I'm a dunce; I had been so focused on the power sections on the schematics that I had tunnel-vision that I missed the 'Regulator Output' up there.

I'm working on making some custom hardware for a commercial-like application, and am likely way over my head on the hardware side. But, I'm tryin' anyways - be a good learning experience.

Thanks again -

--Mike

#65374 Schematics Question

Posted by Coyttl on 18 July 2016 - 11:28 PM in Netduino 3

Hey all -

Quick question on the Netduino 3 Ethernet Schematics -

On page 2, heading into the Ethernet Controller, there are two references to "VCC18" - Where's the source for this?

Thanks! :)

-Mike

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.